“Over-the-top, deliciously decadent and a wee bit risque”
Review of Hotel Lisboa Macau

Hotel Lisboa Macau
Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Marikina, Philippines
“Over-the-top, deliciously decadent and a wee bit risque”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This describes not just what I think of Hotel Lisboa in Macau, but also how I felt when my sis and I stayed there. The decor was unashamedly flamboyant to the point of kitschy. It smelled like a grande dame, with a "I-don't-give-a-hoot-about-those-newfangled-hotels-I've-got-more-personality" sort of mustiness. We stayed at the old wing - cheaper rates. We couldn't figure out the ins and outs of the place - we were always getting lost on our way to and from the lobby or the several entrances and exits. The hallways are winding and convoluted, but therein lies the magic. I felt like Alice in Wonderland stumbling across another passageway we haven't explored, but there's always something curioser and curioser to see. Particularly the rabbit warren of underground passages that, according to my sister, are (in)famous for the salacious goings-on there. We spent the better part of an hour wandering these halls getting an eyeful of the voluptuous goods on parade, wishing I were a man (a rich one). We explored the new hotel, too. There were several elaborate, beautiful, interesting art pieces on display. Our bedroom was spacious. The beds ultra comfy and bouncy. Wi-Fi and minibar items are free. But we could hear loud talking through the walls. I guess that's what you get for staying in the old wing - less elegant neighbors. My sister got our room on sale, and breakfast was not included, so I can't say anything about the food. But the bath was absolutely delicious! We were so surprised to find that our bathtub was a jacuzzi - complete with flashing colored lights. I couldn't resist having my photo taken (covered in bubbles, of course). So my rating for the spa is from my bathtub experience. Okay, so you can tell I haven't stayed in many hotels of that caliber. Well, what can I say? This is my review, and in my opinion, Lisboa was fun and I had the time of my life staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AlaneTy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The old Lisboa Hotel is not as fancy as the new one, or the Wynn, the Galaxy or the Venetian Hotel, but you get more for your money.
Rooms are big. drinks from refrigerator are complementary - as is the Wifi.
Casinos are inside the facilities, as well as some good restaurants, which are completed by the direct reachable ones in the newer Grand Lisboa.
For American Purists: do not go to the underground walking alley, as you might meet lose women, but do not be afraid: They are only interested in Chinese Customers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel is a little old in style inside but nice. We were given a suite rather than the room we booked which was lovely. Staff were friendly and always willing to help. We had a free minibar, providing you drunk the drinks in the room and left the empty cans/bottles there. These were replaced everyday. We got the ferry from Hong Kong across to Macau, there was a free coach from the harbour to the hotel and back. The room price didn’t include breakfast, but there was a great McDonalds not far. Great location, good value. We would stay there again if visiting Macau.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel room was room was HUUGE.
Had a mini living room and a desk.
Mini bar complimentary.
The shower had a little computer in it with all different sorts of options.
Location is very good.
A 1pm checkout.
Price is about 2x cheaper of the "nicer" hotels.
Some great restaurants right next door at the Grand Lisboa.

The casino was pretty grimy but there are other nice ones a short walk away.
The place is like a maze, its very easy to get lost.
Has an ugly old school look to it.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Je888
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 14 November 2013

So, I went with my girlfriend to Macau, not the smartest idea but non the less it was a great experience. When we got to the hotel they made us walk across the lobby, which if you've never been to this hotel, is a maze. Took us a couple minutes to get across, but well worth it. We got upgraded to a suite. The shower in this place is amazing, soo damn cool. got a foot message thing as well. The hotel service was nice, although the hotel restaurant service wasn't as good as i would've assumed. I wasn't wearing anything raggity or nothing, but nothing out of hugo boss either, went to the restaurant the dim sum place. The I felt the hostess look down on me, like can this man even afford to be in here type look.

The gambling was here, although they don't have a craps table.
All in all, I give this place a thumbs up

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a 4 star hotel located among some much grander 5 star casino hotels. It is centrally located to the historical tourist site a few blocks away.
The hotel within has many small casinos featuring specific games and attracted lot of gamblers.
Small room but clean with outrageous designs in both the room and bathroom. The shower bath had so many different user features but some did not work. The hotel offers free drinks from the mini-fridge. You just have to leave the empty containers in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was our first stay at the Hotel Lisboa in Macau. We arrived in Macau via the the ferry and took advantage of the FREE hotel shuttle bus. When you exit the ferry terminal exit towards the left and walk down the pathway towards a large parking lot full of buses. These are all the main hotel shuttle buses. The Hotel Lisboa shuttle was a new Mercedes bus, nice. It took about 6 minutes to get to the Lisboa. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and guided to reception. The check in itself was quick, straight forward and they went out of their way to make sure we were happy with everything. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade from our booked deluxe room to a mini suite! The suite had three rooms, the bedroom, a living area and bathroom. We had two large LCD tv's (one in each room), a complimentary mini bar (as long as the items are consumed in the room and you leave the evidence), a safe and an amazing electronic shower. You could select a regular shower, steam shower or a spa bath! It also had waterproof speakers so you could listen to the radio! The LCD pad was used to select which type of shower you wanted, which shower head to use, turning on the shower light and exhaust fan. I've never seen this before, but it was easy to use. Importantly no matter what time we showered we always had unlimited hot water. The room size was great, more than enough space for the two of us. The furniture was stylish and well appointed. When we arrived the room was very clean and smelled fresh. Free WiFi was included and worked well, very easy to setup on our IPhone and IPad. Whenever we left or came back to the hotel everyone was always smiling, greeted us warmly and offered assistance. The hotel is quite big and the corridors around are a bit of a maze. It does take awhile to get use to where your going but you can always ask the staff for help. We ate at the buffet breakfast one morning. The selection of food was very good, a mix of traditional Western and Asian dishes. All really nice, and they had an omelet bar with lots of choices. My only complaint is the serving tables are close to an inner wall. When people are getting some food you only have small amount of room to get past them. A bit more space would have been nice but not deal breaker. The location of the hotel is fantastic. Just a nice stroll from Senado Square (about 10 minutes) next to the Grand Lisboa and a short walk to the Wynn and MGM hotel casinos. A major bus terminus is right out the front of the hotel as well. All in all we had a great stay at the Hotel Lisboa. We really couldn't fault them without being really picky. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Macau it was simply an amazing stay. And don't forget to use the free shuttle bus back to the ferry.

Room Tip: A room to the front of the hotel have amazing views of the main road.