“Good Location, Average Room”
Review of Hotel Sintra

Hotel Sintra
Ranked #32 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Ampang, Malaysia
“Good Location, Average Room”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I stayed there in July'2011 with my girlfriend. First of all it is good with the free shuttle bus service from the Macau ferry terminal (I think 90% hotels provide free shuttle). I got a room with twin single bed. Room at 3rd floor, clean & tidy, however the carpet on the corridor with a strong smell. There is only 2 lifts and quite slow. The cupboard is the old style wooden 1, looks bit old and scary. A bit damage on the TV remote control, but it still working.

Location of the hotel is just nice for us. Walking distance to the Senato Square (St. Paul's Ruin) and Casino Lisboa & Wynn Hotel. Bus stations are also just few minutes away. Overall it's a good place to stay and worth the money I paid. Just all the things are a bit old.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dav_Goh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Malaysia
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Clean, comfortable, good location, reasonable room rate and good English speaking staff at the Reception. It's just opposite Grand Emperor Hotel and a shopping mall with a food court upstairs. Food here is good and delicious. Walking distance to Margaret's Cafe for her egg tarts. 5 mins away is the McDonalds outlet. Also near to Senado Square where you can tour around and shop for local biscuits there. Small pharmacy shop, local food and a Citibank are nearby too.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing Grand Emperor Hotel or Lisboa Hotel
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank bigjewel
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is probably my 7th time in Macau. I always stay in Sintra hotel because of the price and location. It's right in downtown of Macau. Approximately about 15 mins on taxi from the airport. 10 mins walk to Senado Square. 5 Mins walk to Grand Lisbua and 10 mins walk to Wynns Casino. The staff are very friendly at Sintra. They always help us get a taxi when we need one.

Room Tip: I think it's up to the availability of rooms on the day you check in.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Location: From the airport we take the bus to Macau Square, and walk across to Grand Lisboa hotel, walk around 5 mins to get to Hotel Sintra. Right in the middle of the city. Lots of shops around the area, we even walked with our luggage the next day to Beverly hotel in 10 mins to catch bus to GZ.

Lobby and Reception: Small lobby, smell nice, a few people around, from security -with smiles- and 2 (two) bellboy standby all day. All the staff are amazingly friendly, the bell boy happily took my luggage and wait for me to check in -briefly in 10 mins with hardly spoken english,but very eager to serve- and guide me to my room. Good first impression. But, the lobby could get fully pack once a group guests arrived with only 2 (two) small lift will make you waits a while.

Room : We booked a deluxe double room. The bed are nice and comfy, and big enough for even 2 person. The deluxe also provide a sofa bed. so the deluxe fits us (3 adults, with 1 big child) perfectly. Plasma TV, DVD Player are in good condition. Carpeted floor room make the room feels cozy. Bathroom with bathtub+shower, the toilet amazingly provided water spray that we Indonesian used everyday and couldn't found it in Spore,China and HK. Bathroom clean with free toileteries and clean towels. The view is next door hotel with giant TV, luckily our floor is not the one directly next to it, so the lights didnt bother us that much at night.

Overall: A good hotel with a cheap price in a perfect location. Go to city of dreams just a few steps away, you'll find free shuttle bus the the casino. -Remember to be back before 11.00 pm to get on the last free bus-. Would we go back here? Definetely! We are tempted to go to Old Lisboa hotel at first, as they offer free mini bar, but a choice to Sintra is waaay much better for a family trip

Room Tip: Get the double deluxe for a bigger room and sofa bed.
2 Thank JakartaSmiley
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Checked in on 01/Mar & 04/Mar this year with family and group of friends...

Great locations with walking distance to Senado Square and all the popular restaurant. Margaret Egg Tart is just opossite of the hotel.

I would really like to give my highest compliments to their Housekeeping & Duty Manager. On 02/Mar we have checkout & leave our baggage at hotel for our breakfast before leaving to Hong Kong. Upon return to the hotel to took the free shuttle bus to Macau Ferry terminal, the Duty Manager approached my friend & return a camera to them. My friends have left the camera without realize & its found out by the housekeeping.... The best part is, the duty manager even can reconize my friends.

Definitely will retun & recommend this hotel to my friends~

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WingsHeong
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Checking-in and out was a breeze and the rooms are alright with good and prompt housekeeping service. Having 2 Filipino guards in the lobby was an added bonus since it was easier to communicate with them and ask for directions. I would say their presence would be my main consideration next time I go back because of their excellent service! I'm not saying that they partial to Filipinos only since they also speak English quite well and they treat all nationalities equally.
The buffet breakfast is quite good though I would suggest that they offer more varieties in their choices. I loved the fried pigeon in their restaurant plus the dimsum. YUM
Location is very critical here coz it's in the center of all of the action in Macau. There are also a lot of great restaurants in its vicinity and all within walking distance. Very convenient!
I will definitely stay in this place again.

2 Thank tinpao
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 June 2011

My family includes my hubby, 2 girls aged 14 and 9 and I checked inbto this Hotel on 3 -5 June 2011.
1. Staff and Service
1.1 Generaly they were polite and helpful.
1.2 They were helpful in providing information of whereablouts as well as giving nice suggestions where to go.
1.3 The only drawback is that they do not do currency exchange for singapore dollars.
2. Room
2.1 We booked a double bed deluxe.
2.2 The room is clean and decent.
2.3 The TV channels were great.
2.4 We broke a drinking glaass in the bathroom. The staff was very prompt in responding to our request to clear the mess. He did an excellent job and even took pains to explain how the glass fragments flew, the effort to pick up the pieces when the vacuum cleaner failed.
3. Transport
3.1 Finding the free shuttle from ferry to hotel is a challenge but you can ask around. the people are friendly at the ferry point.

1 Thank Geogroxs