Hotel Royal Macau
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
    • Room Service
    1,399 results
    All reviewssenado squareferry terminalvasco da gamafado restaurantfree shuttleguia hilllight housewalking distancedeluxe roomminute walksmall casinohistorical sitesshuttle serviceevery half hourquiet locationhotel is locatedtourist spots
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 July 2014

Located on a hill of macau, it gives u one of the better view of the island. There are shuttle bus sending us out of hotel (but i could never figure out where and the timing for the shuttle bus to bring me back) This hotel is good for the non gamblers as it doesn't come with a too big casino. It is also quite old, so please don't expect too much from them.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
    3  Thank ReccaHuang
    Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived off the ferry intending to stay in Macau for one night only, and therefore were not looking for luxury, just a reasonably nice place to stay the night. This hotel fit the bill!

It was a little hard to find, we thought we could walk it from the ferry terminal, but of course this wasn't true. We ended up taking a taxi instead, after first visiting a cash machine. The location is nevertheless central, and it is possible to walk to most tourist attractions (although not the casinos). The staff were helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. There is a shuttle bus to the ferry terminal that leaves fairly frequently.

The nice part about the hotel for families is that there is a playground right outside! It's a small one, but our little boy spent the best part of an hour running around with the local kids.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
    3  Thank JinWee T
    Reviewed 22 July 2014

I did not have a chance to visit this hotel yet, cos my wife is sick and admitted in the hospital.
    I was having a very bad experience with the hotel even i did not stay yet.
    i try to contacted the hotel if there any chance to amend the reservation as my wife is sick and will travel once wife is better but the hotel REFUSE as the condition is non refundable or change the date, and giving the reason to me that i informed too late, even i contact 1 day perior to arrival date ( i believe that sickness cannot be know in advance so how can i informed them in advance?)
    This is unexceptable service as it's an emergency case and this should be flexible as i didn't want to have a full refund but just amend the reservation. I think this very unfair to the customer as i also prove them with the medical certificate.
    My suggestion to the booker who want to book this hotel, is to make sure that you will not be sick on the day that you are traveling.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank LoveTraveling23
    Reviewed 20 July 2014

We got confused at first on arrival at Macau airport. We followed the signs to the hotel shuttles. The hotel Website gave a frequency that was not accurate. We had to go back inside and check with the information. They told us to go to the Day Tour kiosk and they will arrange for the shuttle pick up which is free from the airport to the hotel (only in that direction). So we waited almost 2 H at the airport before boarding the hotel shuttle.

The hotel itself was nice. The room was large, clean and beautifully arranged. We walked to many attractions before using the other resort buses to go around the city and other attractions. These buses are plentiful and free. When we were done touring, we took one resort bus to the ferry station where we boarded the hotel shuttle back to the hotel (all free).

We had dinner at their Chinese restaurant on site (perfect service), and they had in the lobby area some delicious cakes for sale.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Tamachris
    Reviewed 20 July 2014

Aside from the usual amenities: coffee/tea/water in room, ample supply of toiletries, free wifi, cleanliness, wonderful and friendly staff, good restaurants, and electrical adapter, this hotel is simply lovely! When you register, your names goes on the airport pick-up list...even without your knowledge. I just asked about a shuttle at the airport information desk, and they directed me to a young lady at the end of the counter. She had my name on a list and called the shuttle for me. Lovely! However, and this is one of the few "minus points", they do not have a free shuttle back to the airport. Strange!! The other minus point was not enough "free" seating in the lobby. If you sit in the lobby lounge, which really is a restaurant, you will be charged 15% gratuity. Not good! Other than the two minuses mentioned, I really enjoyed my stay here. The shuttle will take you to the casinos and/or the terminal ferry free of charge. Yes, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you open all drawers in the room. Lots of goodies may be hidden inside. I had a great room (upgraded to king at no charge).
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo