“It's okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 30 Dessert in Macau
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Fast food, Contemporary, Fusion, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wine and Beer
Description: McPherson's Sweet's Shoppe offers the best durian king ice cream and desserts along with all handmade unique ice creams like black garlic and cheesecake, etc. We also offer new style pork burger, Japanese Pizza, bunch of delicious yummy snacks, macau's must visit shop if you are here.
“It's okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

I had the yakisoba Burger. It was warm and tasty with contrast of textures , a light snack to keep you going during your visit at the ruins. The black garlic ice cream was forgettable. It was like a mocha ice cream with one small back garlic at the center, nothing really spectacular or new in the taste. Plus the ice cream had ice crystals from freezer burn. This place should improve on their ice cream, though I haven't tried the rest of the selection. The only really great thing about this place is its friendly owner.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank acromion22
Sayaka M, Owner at McPherson's Sweet Shoppe, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for visiting McPherson's Sweet's Shoppe.
Yes, we are getting new freezer to make our ice cream improved.
Thanks for your helpful review.
We will try to improve best ice cream in Macau and your opinion really helps!

Sayaka

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

The choice of food is very limited. It's expensive. The shop is crowded. It can only serve around 6 people. It's close to the centre of attraction. I taste durian pudding. It's only durian mixed with cream. It doesn't involve any culinary skill.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tree07
Sayaka M, Owner at McPherson's Sweet Shoppe, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
We are sorry you are disappointed about food selection and place been crowded all the time.
Since we are "Sweet's Shoppe" not a restaurant we do not offer many foods but few food we offer is very popular snack in Japan that you can't find it anywhere else in Macau.

"Durian Queen Parfait" (Not Pudding) we make here is using homemade Durian Cream with layer of fresh Durian and we believe simple is the best way to taste ingredients like Durian.

McPherson's Sweet's Shoppe is not a Gourmet Restaurant but we offer handmade sweet's and casual Japanese Snacks with Love.

Thank you for your review.
Macau, China
“New and Fresh Japanese snacks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I've been walking around Sao Paulo for almost an hour. Tired and exhausted, i look around and spotted a rather cute durain mascot. With his warm and friendly guidance, i arrived to a small shop named MchPhersons. The tiny shop gives a family sense of atmosphere which is great. The food was amazing. Durian ice cream was one of the greatest spotlight of the day, with it's richness in durian flavor, durian lovers will not be disappointed. Other japanese snacks such as the yakisoba sandwich and japanese pizza was fantastic. It was very new to me since there isn't much japanese snack stand available in Macau. With great food and service, this is a highly recommended place to stop by in Macau.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank hermy_m
Thank you for leaving nice review and McPherson's Sweet's Shoppe will always try to make our customer happy when they come visit us.
Taipa, Ilhas, Macau
“Excellent Food, Great Vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

McPherson's Japanese treats and ice cream are wonderful. I especially recommend the Yakisoba sandwich which is my personal favorite packed full of flavor as a quick treat or part of a large lunch. I've come to the restaurant several times and it has quickly become my weekend lunch spot. The variety of specials ensures you can have something different every day you go, and the standard menu items never fail to impress.

I love the cheesecake ice cream, black garlic bread, or even just snacking on some black garlic. As a foreigner I can't quite get my taste buds to accept the Durian ice cream, but have watched it fly off the shelf to customers while I enjoy my lunch.

I also enjoy the staff, Sayaka the owner is fun and interesting. When she can get out of the kitchen and we always have a nice chat. They remember my name, how I like my food, and really make me feel like a regular.

The restaurant is centrally located quite close to St. Paul's Ruins and is worth a quick stop while you are seeing the city.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Alex O
Sayaka M, Owner at McPherson's Sweet Shoppe, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for leaving awesome review.
We are very happy you enjoy our place, please come back soon.
“Great different japanese food in Macau”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Lovely shop with great food and excellent service. Sayaka is the lovely owner of this cozy shop and treat every costumer very well. I totally recomend it for everyone visiting Macau. You won't regret it. Ask for the "japanese pizza" and the "yakisoba sandwich", they are delicious!

4 Thank otaviodotcom
Sayaka M, Owner at McPherson's Sweet Shoppe, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for leaving great review and we are very happy you had enjoy our store & food!
If you have chance to come back to Macau make sure to come say "Hi" !