“Have to Try”

Lord Stow's Bakery at Venetian Hotel
Ranked #3 of 33 Dessert in Macau
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Englishman, Andrew Stow opened Lord Stow's Bakery, Macau in 1989. Andrew created his own recipe Egg Tart which became an edible icon for Macau, becoming famous throughout the world. His delicious Egg Tarts are freshly baked
New York
“Have to Try”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you're staying in the Contai side of Macau, going to Lord Stow's Bakery is just one of those things you have to try. It's definitely hard to find but it's on Mask Street area and store number 850. Quick service...try to catch one of the fresh and hot ones!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide
“Hard to find- but worth the search”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

WE had a map, we had it marked, it still took us 10 minutes to find it once we were in the area.
When you find shop 870 go around the back of it!!!
The tarts are $9MOP each. I love them. If I had time, I would rather have gone to the original bakery.
Eat in or take away.
Yum.

• Visited July 2014
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Worth to the trip.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We travelled to Macau through a ferry in HongKong. One of the must haves is the Egg Tart. At first it doesn't look that much... one close look and its just an ordinary egg tart. But once you have a bite, Wow!!
You definitely should not miss Macau's egg Tarts especially from Lord Stow's. Too bad we came a day early before we are scheduled to fly back so I was not able to bring it back home...

• Visited September 2013
Cebu City, Philippines
“Not a fan of egg tarts in general but...”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I took the day long trip to Macau with Lord Stow's egg tarts in mind. Surprisingly, I failed to acquire them near the Senado square area (the lines here are quite long, I was told). I finally got my hands on these babies inside the Venetian hotel, Macau. You will see it towards the end of the canal ride. The que was moderately long, but fast moving. The batch I received, however good, were on the cold side. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but the tarts should taste better if they were slightly warmer I reckon. For the price, I would expect them to be nice, warm, and perfect. Although, overall it did not disappoint.

Visited November 2013
“Best egg tart”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I went egg tart hunting in my china trip. This was the best in my opinion. Flakey, creamy, and big in flavour. Just right.