“Great Casual Spanish Restaurant”

L.B. SuperPollo Pak Kap Chao
Ranked #238 of 731 Restaurants in Macau
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza, Spanish, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: It's FRESH, HEALTHY, and DELICIOUS!!!We are a Spanish restaurant in Macau. Our top Chef from Catalonia has put together an exciting menu for you: Slow Roasted specially marinated Chicken (17 spices), Gourmet Individual Cocas (Spanish pizza), Paellas, a selection of Typical Tapas and much more to discover... Come visit!
Macao, Portugal
“Great Casual Spanish Restaurant”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The Roasted Chicken was tasty and u can got three different size 1/4, 1/2 or whole chicken! The Classic Seafood Mix with Spanish rice was delicious and with balanced flavor and if they can add a little bit more different seafood in this dish, it will be perfect. But i will recommend people to try the Spanish Tapas was light, tasty and healthy.
The Staff are friendly and professional, really great team!!!
Congrats to L.B. SuperPollo Restaurant!!!

• Visited January 2014
Christopher R, Manager at L.B. SuperPollo Pak Kap Chao, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Hi Mouriska! Thank you for taking the time to review L.B. SuperPollo and for your nice words! I am happy to see that our tapas got to your taste buds... We have been reviewing this section for our new menu to make it even more attractive and will soon offer a much wider choice of these dishes to share! We're also working on a Tapas/Gastro Bar concept which will come to life shortly and may interest you, keep an eye out for it on FB or our website :o)
See you soon and Happy New Year!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dronten, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Casual and fun restaurant”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

It serves some of the meanest and nicest chicken dishes and is definitely one of that I cherish for its taste. The only problem is that it is a really small place and was crowded making it a bit hard for the whole process of choosing and being served. It was on everybody's mouths when I asked for nice restaurants and it turned out be a nice experience in spite of all the waiting.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mariam M
Awesome comment! And so sorry about the waiting... I'm glad to see that despite this you were happy with your experience. This restaurant is in fact the first of soon to be 3 in Macau and is the 'baby' of all! Our Ha Wan Kai branch which opened a couple of months ago is about double the size with bigger tables and a nicer view on the kitchen and normally no queuing :o)
I especially like your comment title! With my colleagues we like to think of L.B. SuperPollo as a kind of 'fun' concept as far as Macau is concerned and you're the first to refer to it in that way! Cheers!
Hope to see you soon maybe in our second branch (or keep a look out for the third which will come soon...)
Happy Chinese New Year!
“Lucky find”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Great casual restaurant/take out. Their chicken is delicious and very flavourful, especially with the gravy. The chicken comes with spanish rice which was great also. I actually thought about ordering another chicken. We also had the Europa pizza and it was delicious with a great thin crust. The service was friendly and quick. The staff seem to go the extra mile to make our experience great. We will definitely be coming back here to try other items on the menu.

3 Thank Whatsupnext5
Grace W, Owner at L.B. SuperPollo Pak Kap Chao, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Good afternoon!

Thank you so much for your review and nice comments :o) I notice you liked our Coca (pizza), my favorite is the Asian Favors with Tom Yam Prawns, it's the latest addition to the menu and it's absolutely delicious! Also, why not try our second branch in Barra on your next visit (only opened 2 months ago). The concept is the same but the place is bigger! There is public parking on the main street or you can take buses # 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 10, 10A, 11, 21A, 26 to the Almirante Sergio / Praia Manduco stop.

Hope to see you again soon!!

Grace
Hong Kong, China
1,750 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 11,901 helpful votes
“Nice option for budget-friendly, tasty Spanish cuisine”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Noting the high ranking on Tripadvisor we decided to try L.B. SuperPollo for lunch recently and were quite pleased with our experience here.

This is a sort of mix between a fast-food and casual sit-down restaurant, specialising in Spanish style cuisine. The restaurant is small, with seating for perhaps only 14-16 diners at a time, service is friendly and fast so you can eat and be out in 30 minutes or less.

We tried the 1/4 slow roasted chicken (MOP$35), served with a small portion of flavoured rice. The roasted chicken was tasty and a good portion size for the price (rating 4 of 5), would happily reorder this meal.

We also tried the Barcelona Coca (HK$68), which is basically a wafer thin-crust pizza served with nice cheese, mushrooms, arugula and Spanish ham. The crust was perfect and the toppings tasted fine, making this another very good food order for the price paid (rating 4 of 5).

For drinks we sampled the Gingerella and Karma Cola (MOP35 each), which tasted nice but seemed a bit pricey compared to the meal orders. Budget diners might want to skip the drinks in this regard.

Overall, we were very pleased with our meal at L.B. SuperPollo and are looking forward to visiting their other restaurant in Macau soon. Apparently, they have a 3rd opening up as well. This is good for Macau, we need more lunch and light meal options like L.B. SuperPollo.

3 Thank BradJill
Hi BradJill,

Thank you for your spot-on comment! The experience you describe is exactly what L.B. SuperPollo is about and I was extremely happy to read your lines.

I agree with your comment about the Gingerella and Karma Cola prices being a little higher than one might expect. However, I must put forth that these are our Specialty drinks and that they are completely Fair Trade & Organic products. We have added them on the menu as part of the company's Corporate Social Responsibility program but also to offer an alternative to the usual unhealthy (and more boring) soft drinks everyone offers... and of course, they really taste amazing!

I look forward to welcoming you in our Barra branch for your next visit. It's a little bigger and more convenient to get to by bus! Also, you were right about a 3rd restaurant... We're keeping it secret for another couple of weeks but should soon have some exciting news for you on our Facebook pages!

See you soon in Macau :o)
Macau, Ilhas, Macau
“Over rated, not worthy for the price”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I trusted the review of tripadvisor so we went to try this new restaurant. we are local macanese. We tried the Seafood rice and the grill chicken, overall, our comments are as follows

The comments are based on the price it charges:
Taste- not as good as I have expected, price is too high for the quality and quantity, chicken taste like supermarket BBQ chicken, seafood rice has sooooooo little seafood considering the cost
The place- it's far too small, I can hardly move my hand, all in all, price of a proper restaurant, space of "Subway" (or worse)
Service- no service really, and I have to pay 10% for service charge? The setup is just a fast food or take away restaurant

I could have much better food at other European restaurant in Macau with way better quality that might only cost 20% more(taste, environment, service)

• Visited November 2013
Grace W, Owner at L.B. SuperPollo Pak Kap Chao, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi there Gabriel,
I am sorry to read that your experience with L.B. SuperPollo didn't meet your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your comments.
L.B. SuperPollo is a fast casual restaurant brand. We offer our guests an every-day, quick, fresh and clean dining experience and are very honest about this in our marketing initiatives and online presence. At the time you visited we were ranking top restaurant in Macau on Tripadvisor. I understand that this may have built your expectations towards fine dining experience which of course we do not compare to...
In regards to food quality & quantity: Our chickens all weigh a minimum of 1.5kg, are marinated overnight with a house-mix of over 17 spices and are slow roasted on a temperature controlled Spanish Rotisserie for 70 minutes. A 1/4 chicken comes served with 130 grams of steamed rice (prepared twice daily to ensure freshness) and a light homemade fresh Spanish ham and mushroom sauce for the price of 35MOP; it is our signature dish.
The Paella is a specialty dish which is made to order. Every portion served weighs a minimum of 1000 grams and includes at least 37% of meat/seafood. The seafood dish always includes squid, king prawn, mussel and baby cuttlefish; it is priced at 218MOP and serves two to three people.
Recipes have been elaborated by recognized talents in the industry and are the fruit of many months of testing. In addition, portion sizes we offer take into consideration energy requirements in order to comply with our promise of Healthy meals and not solely quantity (this differentiates us from the common fast food restaurants you are referring to). I would also like to mention that both of the above-mentioned dishes are our best sellers and have led L.B. SuperPollo to be elected in the top 50 restaurants of Macau & Hong Kong as well as to be starred on Macau TV and Good.com.mo as a dining destination.
Our service charge is mainly justified by 1) high quality microwavable take away containers for guests having not finished their meal 2) continuous training of our front of house staff to meet the high level of service referred to in 90% of guest comments 3) levels of hygiene which are highly above average for Macau restaurants.
We have now opened our second restaurant in the Barra area and our third restaurant will soon open in Hac Sa Wan, both have been designed with larger tables and seating capacity.

I acknowledge the fact that despite our efforts to ensure consistent quality to our guests, hiccups may occur and thus gladly accept your feedback, which I have discussed with my team. You are the first customer in 10 months of operation which has expressed such dissatisfaction and I would really like to make this right! If you are willing to give us another chance, I would love to welcome you and your partner to our Barra branch for a 'make up complimentary lunch or dinner'.

Simply contact us on info@lbsuperpollo.com to make the reservation!

All my wishes for Christmas & New Year!