Some other reviewers have posted some fairly negative comments here which I would like to address in some way. I only stayed one night but was very happy with my stay. The room was very nice indeed. The service was friendly, but certainly lacked the slickness of hotels in Hong Kong, Taipei or elsewhere. This is a small hotel in a converted historic fortress. It does not offer the fast, seamless customer experience that you would expect from a major international chain,it then, it isn't part of one. It is located in one of the most remote places in Macau. Macau is small and transport options are plentiful but it does mean that you cannot just order up a taxi at a moment's notice. Macau taxi drivers are a bit of a law unto themselves. We had a couple of bad experiences with them in just over 24 hours, and I think the Pousada staff are well aware that if they call a taxi for you there is no guarantee it will actually show up. A lot of taxi drivers seem interested only in brief journeys between the big casinos and will not be bothered coming out to the Pousada in response to a call. Having said that, we had no problem getting around as wee had no kids in tow and are fully mobile - we got a bus and we hailed taxis in the street. If that does not sound like the way you like to travel this is possibly not the place for you.
Basically this is a charming and unique place with staff who are keen but a little flaky at times, and who have varying commands of English. If you like staying in historic buildings, want to be away from the gaudy side of Macau and are comfortable with a Portuguese mood, feel and pace (we are), this is a lovely place. If not, there are plenty of other options in Macau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is seasonally closed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pousada De Sao Tiago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Sao Tiago Hotel Macau
- Pousada De Sao Tiago Macau