“Luxurious Stay”

Ranked #43 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Dayton, Ohio
“Luxurious Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Was in Macau on a business trip and I really enjoyed my stay at Sands. Very luxurious room and comfortable bed. Large rooms with big tv and wifi that give you a sense of home away from home and is great to wind down. I found that everyone part of the hotel staff were really friendly as well as courteous. From the front desk and every where I went within the hotel i was greeted with a smile. The buffet at breakfast has both an eastern and western selection. If you are in the mood for some good dim sum Golden Court is very good. My favorite steak house in Macau is Copa. After several weeks away from home I usually crave a nice steak and a nice glass of wine. Try the Wagyu filet! My favorite.

The hotel is close to the ferry terminal and the hotel has shuttles that can get you just about anywhere you need to go.

While most people in the hotel speak English, i would suggest learning a couple of key phrases in either Cantonese or Mandarin. Surely you will get a beaming smile!

Room Tip: Rooms that face the bay are facing east and so you will get a nice sunrise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Foodie_n_traveler
Kent L, Manager at The Sands Macao, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Foodie_n_traveler ,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in Sands Macao; the comfort of luxury, friendly hotel team members, very good Dim Sum in Golden Court and your favorite Wagyu Filet in our award winning Copa Steakhouse. This feedback can only further motivate us to provide the very best in your next visit. Please be assured that I will share this commendation to all departments concern.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Sands Macao soon for another great stay.

Kent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My stay was fantastic. the service of the front office was amazing. I was recognized and greeted before I even got to the hotel entry, once I found it. The staff were courteous and professional and offered more than I could ask and even before I asked. The rooms and very large and luxurious compared to others I have stayed in in Macau.
The lobby was a little difficult to find and it was not made obvious by the staff where I exited the taxi.

Room Tip: Suites are awesome
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank K W
Dear K W,

Thank you for taking some time to share your fantastic experience.

I am pleased to hear that you have in general enjoyed your stay at Sands Macao and that we were able to meet your expectation. Your observation on our lobby location is duly noted. We enhanced the direction signage to the hotel lobby quite recently. However, please be assured that we will continue to explore ways to improve this area. Thank you for your feedback.

Otherwise, I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Macao soon for another fantastic stay.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We recently stayed at the Sands in Macau for 5 nights. The Sands provides a free shuttle from the pier to the hotel. There is also a free shuttle to the Venetian that is located across the bay in Cotai. The Lobby of The Sands is in a very strange location, it actually discourages walks-ins as it is hidden by a long driveway. The lobby itself is pretty standard and nothing exceptional, but the staff is extremely helpful and willing to help. We actually had a little confusion with the billing and the young lady at the desk did her best to explain the line items in our bill and assisting in the correction stemming from a Wi-Fi charge. WI-FI is an extra charge in the suites but it is free in the lobby area. Over all, the staff in all departments is very helpful and always ready to assist and make your stay very pleasant. The guest rooms (suites) themselves are stunning. One is not accustomed to such a spacious suite in this part of the world, nonetheless, The Sands provides excellent accommodations and very modern décor and amenities (even if the hotel itself opened ten years ago and the exterior shows its age). The casino is standard for this part of the world and it lacks the noise level of Las Vegas style gambling establishment where one hears the constant cachinks of the slot machines. The gambling experience is very quiet and most professional. There is only one bar that I noticed and it has 2 espresso machines within 50 yards, as you can imagine, gamblers here don’t drink, they are here to gamble as they will until they drop, thus, there is little alcohol consumption and much caffeine intake. None of the hostesses comes to the gaming tables with alcoholic beverages, but they do come with juices, water and of course coffee. The location is not convenient to the center, unless you don’t mind walking for about 10 minutes, but taxis are rather cheap. Over all I think that the Sands provides a very good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank azzurri4ever
Dear azzurri4ever,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed the excellent accommodations in Sands Macao; it is stunning, spacious and modern. Apart from this comfort of luxury, the greatest assets have been our team members who deliver the quality service one would expect from Sands.
Thank you for recognizing the young lady who assisted you and the rest of the helpful and enthusiastic team members. Please be assured that I will personally share this positive review to them. Your positive gaming experience is duly noted and highly appreciated. We do not come to the gaming tables with alcoholic beverages. However, we are happy to serve it upon request; please feel free to ask for it whilst in the gaming tables in your next visit. We unfortunately cannot improve our location factor; our Concierge can perhaps guide you to the city center in the most efficient way.

Once again, our sincere appreciations for your useful feedback that can only make us better.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Sands Macao soon for our excellent accommodation and service.

Kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

A free shuttle bus brought us from ferry pier to the hotel. We were quite excited until we could not find the reception lobby after walking up and down the escalators and lifts, from ground to second floor for twenty minutes. When we finally got to the reception, to my surprise, it was small and looked like a back door entrance. The signage of the hotel was very poor. When we checked in, the staff were polite and unpassionate. The hotel was designed solely for gamblers, not suitable for family guests. The location of the hotel was good, walking distance to many eating places. The room was very spacious and clean. We only stayed for one night, and do not think we will come again next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear skybirdie33,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us as such information enables us to monitor the application of our service standards, while simulatenously allowing us the opportunity to rectify any shortfalls.

Firstly, I am glad to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and clean room. However, I am remorse to to learn about your mixed experience in reference to the challenges in finding the hotel. I sincerely wish that I were there to guide you all the way to the hotel. Please be assured that we will review this and initiate suitable corrective measures to improve this area of concern.

Whilst we are unable to undo the unpleasant experiences you have encountered, we certainly look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back, thereby allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence on us. I just send you a personal message, please check your mailbox.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

The suites are not bad at all but one thing is the suite and the living has a opening between the two so not much privacy between the two rooms. Other the room and the jacuzzi bathtub is very nice and comfortable.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kent L, Manager at The Sands Macao, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear gpeng80,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our suites and Jacuzzi bathtub. Your observation on the lack of privacy between the two rooms is duly noted. Originally, all our suites come with only one king bed and a living room. To satisfy the growing demand for twin bedded room, we upgraded some rooms to have double king bedded rooms, which is rare in this part of the world. For instances, if you asked for twin bedded room, we will provide you with double king bedded room.

Nevertheless, we apologize for not being able to communicate about our new room configuration in advance. I look forward to welcoming you and family back to Sands Macao soon.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is by far, the best hotel I have ever stayed. The rooms are grand with hair dryer, iron & ironing board, shaver, matches etc. I especially love the comfy bed with the dresser. It was a pleasant experience overall & I would definitely book this hotel should I return to Macau.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pinkypinku
Kent L, Manager at The Sands Macao, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear pinkypinku,

Thank you for your review.

I know this reply is coming in late, but it is extremely important to express our gladness for such a wonderful comment.

We are delighted to learn that we not only meet, but exceeded your expectations. This feedback will further motivate us to strive for perfection in your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you and family to Sands Macau soon for another great stay.

Kind regards,
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The well-appointed rooms at the Sands Macao are large and beautiful. Service is outstanding and the casino is quite large. For westerners, however, restaurant choices within the hotel are very limited. There is an excellent steakhouse, but the other choices are all Asian. A free shuttle takes guests to the Cotai Strip and back every 15 minutes or so.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean views are nice when the weather is clear, which is seldom.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank l0nnieand
Kent L, Manager at The Sands Macao, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear LonnieAnd,

Thank you for sharing your outstanding experience.

Nothing is as good as receiving such a wonderful comments; large and beautiful rooms, outstanding service and excellent steakhouse.

For other western cuisine, I know a good Italian restaurant near Sands. Alternately, we have a long list of western cuisine at the Venetian or Sands Cotai Central. Our Concierge will be more than happy to assist you with further recommendation.

I look forward to welcoming you and partner back to Sands Macao for another impeccable experience.