“Nice and in the middle of Macau”
Review of Metropark Hotel

Metropark Hotel
Ranked #50 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We went in 4 to this hotel. Reserved 2 double room and we spent 40€ each.
It is a nice hotel. wonderful hall and nice confortable rooms.
There is no wifi but you can use the pc in the hall.
They have a free transport from and to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Attilano

Reviewed 19 August 2012

So I went to Macau from Hong Kong just for an overnight trip on the weekend and booked into the Metropark Macau. Based on the website and the site I used to book the hotel I thought it would be very nice, the pictures online are beautiful and the price was quite expensive (about 180 GBP).

I arrived to find the staff were hardly able to speak English, and using a system of checking people in and out that I think must be from the 1950's! Lots of little bits of paper, things for me to sign, confusing me about what they were charging my credit card (I had paid up front, then they asked me to pay a 500HKD deposit and they put a hold on my card for the amount of the room again).

When I got to the room on the 21st floor, which was a good thing as the view was great, it was large and not too terrible, but absolutely seriously outdated. The bed was the best part of the room, it was a King and was actually really comfortable.

However, when I got in at around 3AM after going out to a few casinos and bars, I could not get the lights in the room to turn off. All the lights are controlled by a little remote thing next to the bed which (again) looked like it was made in the 1950s by the guy who invented the first computer. Some of the lights would go off, but others would turn on as I turned them off! I ended up unplugging all the lamps and calling the front desk for help. They sent up a little, very apologetic maintenance guy (very friendly and did his best to be fair) who couldn't understand what my problem was. The solution in the end was to remove the bulb from the troublesome light.

In the morning, I awoke around 5 minutes before the breakfast I ordered the night before was meant to arrive. It was 30 minutes late after all that, and it was pathetic to say the least - definitely not worth the trouble. I then went to have a shower in a bathroom that looked like it hadn't been updated in over 20 years - it reminded me of the crappy hotel bathrooms I used to stay with my parents in back in the 1980s!! The shower curtain was rank, and the ugly tiles had black stains (mold?) in the grout. The water pressure was bad and the temperature impossible to control with the retro style two separate controls for hot/cold.

Check out was another experience of papers and envelopes and more signatures and processing another transaction on my credit card. I am not looking forward to checking my account online on Monday!!

All in all - just go for it and stay in one of the nice hotels/casinos when you come to Macau - the Wynn is incredible FYI!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jdub17
Reviewed 16 August 2012

review is based on my 3rd stay in this hotel in 4 years. Always booked this hotel via hotelclub. Free regular shuttle bus service to and fro Macau Ferry Terminal. Bus is a white mini bus with a "M" on it so be sure to look for the right one. Bubble tea(Gong Cha) shop and Cha Chaan Teng just downstairs. 7 eleven and mobile shops selling prepaid cards across the street. you can take the bus or cab to senado square by going to the street behind the hotel. buses to zhuhai depart from public stops in front of the hotel. I can speak cantonese and Mandarin so i had no problems enquiring the doorman on what buses to take to somewhere. No noisy casinos in the building, you want a casino, there's a few further down the street, they are labelled as "entertainment arenas". close to Wynn and Lisboa too, easy to direct the cab driver back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Metropark is conveniently located. There are establishments nearby such as as reasonably-priced restaurants, 7-11, money changer. This hotel provides real value for money, very good for travelers on a budget. Other Macau attractions are walking distance from the hotel but there is a shuttle service that leaves every 30 minutes and brings you to the ferry terminal where shuttle service from other hotels are available such as The Venetian, City of Dreams. . . This means a lot of savings on transportation cost. Hotel staff are accommodating and can speak English. Rooms are clean and the bed is ok.This is the only hotel without a casino, so one is assured of a relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cpcaluya
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We went for a holiday to Macau and Hong Kong in November 2011. Ha d a magnificent time in Macau and we liked Macau more than HK. Macau is more laid back and people were friendlier. Interesting Portiguese heritage everywhere and signs posted in Portuguese, but difficult to find a single person around who could actually speak Portuguese. Staff at hotel was very firendly and helpful and we were received in the hotel room very well. They had a cute plush toy left in bed for us which my mother in law loves and bring her memories of Macau for life. Highly recommend to stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Top floors because of the good views of Macau
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JosePablin
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I first stayed in a Metropark hotel chain in HK and my time spent in Macau is far better. The hotel's location is great -- 7-11, Gong-Cha, Holiday-inn and lots of shops surrounding the hotel. Its walking distance from the hotel strip where Grand Lisboa and Wynn is located.

Our flight arrived really late at night so check-in was easy. The room we got was quite dated but clean. Staffs are very friendly even though they speak little English. I was able to try their jacuzzi after a long day of sight seeing and did a couple of laps in their small swimming pool. It smells clean (too much chlorine I guess) but it needs thorough scrubbing.

There's free internet (not wi-fi) in the hotel lobby if you don't mind waiting for your turn.

If you're looking for a fairly priced hotel with a great location then this is a great choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was the second time stayed in Metropark, I like the hotel cause it is without a casino. It is near by all the famous tourist hit spots and few famous casinos. Location perfect and many nice restaurants nearby just the hotel room itself looks a bit old and out of fashioned.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends