“Brilliant - excellent value for money, friendly service, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pousada de Mong-Ha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Pousada de Mong-Ha
Ranked #16 of 95 Hotels in Macau
New Delhi, India
“Brilliant - excellent value for money, friendly service, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I booked the Pousada de Mong-Ha based on the past trip advisor reviews - and I must say that it was every bit as brilliant as the reviews indicated. The location itself is very nice, quiet and I did not have a problem getting a taxi back to the Pousada even late at night from completely the other part of town.

I stayed at the Pousada suite for one night-two days in the first week (4-5) of July 2011. The suite was very very spacious, nicely done and had free wifi and small balconies in rooms. The bathroom was very spacious and very nicely done.

Most of the staff at the Pousada are very good. Keeping in mind that these are students at the institute next door, it is heartening to see them so keenly going about the duties and I was impressed by the frendliness. They are keen to help the customer which is such a refreshing change. Kudos to the trainers at the Institute.

One point I would like to point out for elderly travellers is that there is no lift in the place and one has to take the luggage up and down the stairs. The Pousada building has cute little alcoves and corners with fountains etc.

The breakfast (included in the room rent) was adequate and I loved the breakfast room with the quaint tiles etc. In the restaurant on the premises, there is a good selection of wines and cocktails. Food is good although I think that the quality can be improved. Cute hi-tea option with small tid bits of various snacks.

All in all, I will definitely stay at the Pousada if I happen to visit Macau again. I have been very impressed by this place and I hope that as the word spreads, they are able to maintain the high standard and the very friendly service of the staff. I found the place so relaxing that I wanted to extend the stay by 1-2 nights more, but the place was fully booked - so, book well in advance. I stayed in the suite on the top floor and had a look at the rooms on the other floors too. All rooms were cute but the single ones were rather small especially the bathrooms being just cubicles. Hence my recommendation would be to go for the higher category rooms.

And don't forget to encourage the students who work there and offer words of encouragement!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms above the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We went to watch the Water Dance show in April and was looking for a nice hotel out of the crowded/congested area. That was the first time to learn about Tripadvisor's reviews. This is the No. 1 hotel with good rate, why not try! Good choice and glad that we read tripadvisor. This is what we are looking for, quiet and away from the groups. We booked the deluxe room with extra bed for my son, a spacious room and big washroom, also a spacious separate area with free computer working desk. Personal opionion is, placing an extra chair in the separate area would be nice. All room included breakfast, and it is okay and fair enough, please don't compare with those big hotels. For the restaurants, we did not have a chance to try, but free welcome drinks upon arrival, can' t comments. And their response to emails is quick! Will definitely return! This is a quiet hotel out of the tourist area but Macau is small and bus is convenience and taxi is cheap. A good choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

excellent servive, small and very nice hotel with lovely garden.
Impossible to hesitate !

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed here for one night in June. The service was great and the room very well equipped and clean. Great value. The restaurant and bar were also really good and worth a visit.

The hotel itself is a little outside the main bit of town; a bit too far to walk right to the centre but a cheap and easy taxi or bus ride. It's on its own compound so a bit quieter than the centre which is really nice as Macau's tourist and casino districts can feel a bit overwhelming.

Definitely would recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

Locating on a small hill in old town, Pousada de Mong-Ha is a bit far from the hot spots in Macau. By the way, serenity, Portuguese Classic Decoration, tidiness and nice services encouraging me to stay here if I will have a trip to Macau in future.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank ecnethk
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

I have been a member of Trip Advisor for a long time and apart from one post have not been motivated to post again. Our stay at the Pousada was very enjoyable and I feel obliged to add to the already many complimentary posts. I confirmed for myself the excellent value and the good service offered, in particular by the supervisory staff. I asked for a room on a higher floor because the ground level room was damp and had a musty odour. Contrary to other posts I did not find the Pousada to be out of the way, we took the shuttle bus and returned by taxi. Sometimes we would take the shuttle from the various casinos to the ferry and take the taxi from there. The hotel restaurant represents excellent value in a very modern setting. While we had one or two meals in the neighbourhood we found dining at the casinos to be superior and also representing better value. To our surprise we found the best restaurants to be at the old and the new Lisboa. The French restaurant there was okay but the Chinese Restaurant Eight and the Noodle Restaurant at the Grand Lisboa was sensational. I did go up the hill to try to do some tai-chi; unfortunately almost all the good spaces were spoken for. That's when I realised the hotel has it's own private herbal garden and a location there to do tai-chi without disturbing anyone. Breakfast at the Pousada was wonderful as well. Not much else to add except to book in advance to ensure you have a room.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the lowest level
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Etienne8
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Huge rooms, nice view, great service with a smile and a lot of care. You even have a pc and a free wifi in the room.
Breakfast included with nice variety and mada to order eggs.
Well worth staying eventhough out of the turistic zones ( it's an advantage in Macau )
Let go the amazing restaurant they have, and the 10% off you get there as the hotel guests.
Highly recommended.