There is a reason why this hotel is always over booked, and also awarded the 2012 Trip Advisor award for the hotel of the year.
I should not go into the impeccable service of these hotel as I trust that previous reviews have more than covered that! What really stands out is that the excellent service is from within and not those plastic smiles that you get from 5 Star hotels. In fact, I can easily point out another 5 star hotel which has a lot to learn from this place. (See my review on hotel santiago.)
1. Location: Like many, the location is not near the casino strip. This hotel is more suitable for those that want to experience Macau, the old Macau and the Macau that has to offer more than the neon lights of the casinos and if you are one of those, then perfect!
The location can be a little difficult to find even if you follow the map provided. After getting off from Bus 12 from the Macau Ferry Terminal, this is where the difficult or maybe challending part. I guess I am not too good at reading maps and even if you ask locals, not many will know of this hotel.
So, my advice is to be patient as it does take a while to locate this hotel and if you can't wait, then definitely not the place for you. But, good things come to people who wait and it is after the long walk then you realised it is all worth it!
You too need to walk up quite a steep slop about 10-15minutes walk before you reach the hotel.
2. Room and Service: Impeccable and nothing more I can say. Just love the room, only regret was I wished I could have stayed on for another night but all rooms are fully booked.
3. Reservation: They do not have an website, so call and book. No problems with that, confirmation was efficient and the no issues with getting to the reservation desk. But remember to BOOK EARLY! As they have very limited rooms and I can only imagine that this hotel will get more and more popular.
To sum it all, I will definitely stay here again!
And you have to TRY the restaurant next door, very good value for money. Oh and complimentary breakfast was good, standard international buffett style but I think its good for me. I am not expecting an spread.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pousada is uniquely designed with a blend of European and Oriental features. The lobby and corridors are terracotta-tiled and lead to guest rooms through open-air courtyards decorated with hand-painted Portuguese tiles and lovely fountains. The use of Eastern style partitions in the guest rooms, coupled with Western style furniture and fittings create an exotic atmosphere. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pousada De Mong-Ha Hotel Macau
- Pousada De Mong Ha Macau