Pousada de Mong-Ha
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Macau
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewseducational restauranthomemade jamsferry terminalquiet locationdeluxe roomyogurtfree shuttlevisit macaubuffet breakfastcotai stripinstituteiftstudiedtaxiinstitutionfortressmop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed in this place 3 different times the past few years. I am not a gambler so I try to stay away from the casinos. I left Macau more than 40 years ago when it was a small fishing village and a firework manufacturing town with lots of places only Portuguese could enter. The hotel is located in one of those areas. The breakfast itself is a 4-star treat for me. The room is decorated with old-looking Chinese furniture. There is a small separated area that you can use the computer and internet. The shower head gives you an all-around massage. One thing you need to take into consideration is the transportation. It is located in a quiet part of town and it is not easy to get a taxi during rush hours even if you ask the receptionist to call one for you. And that is the reason I can not give it 5 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nocorptax
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is an overdue review. We decided to stay at Pousada de Mong-Ha after checking into positive review at tripadvisor. Others are recommending us to hotels in the Cotai strip, but we wanted to be different. Apparently, it was more than paid-off risk. It was worth of all cents we spent here. Kudos to the staff hospitality, room cleanliness and facility.

The location is also very strategic with buses serving to city center, major tourism object as well as the ferry terminal (although it is though to understand bus service in Macau, there is a computer in the room that you can do research). We will definitely looking into staying back in you hotel on our return. Thank you, Pousada de Mong-Ha.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Superb service and beautiful interior with a bed-and-breakfast feel – highly recommended for couples, honeymooning or otherwise.

Price-wise, it's one of the more affordable hotels in Macau at SGD100 per night.

It's located away from the glitz and glitter of the city area so you don't have to hustle with the casino crowds – but it's a short 10-minute taxi ride away if you yearn for the night lights.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and were overwhelmed with the services and facilities of this hotel. Definitely worth the 1st place on TA. We booked our rooms 3 months in advance and were glad that we also managed to make reservations for the Macanese/Portuguese buffet dinner at IFT Educational Restaurant on Friday night. The dinner was superb! There wasn't an unnecessarily great variety but EVERYTHING tasted delicious! Good ambience with live music performance.
The rooms were well equipped, there was also an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe. The bed and blanket were comfortable, bathroom was clean and spacious. I loved the oriental feeling of the furniture. One interesting feature of the bathroom was the message-type shower, which cleared away all the tiredness after a day's sight-seeing.
Breakfast was simple and delicious. I really loved the porridge, toast and fried noodles an omelette. We were glad that we didn't oversleep and miss it.
The surroundings of the hotel is quiet and serene. In the mornings, there were elderly people walking up the hill to exercise at the hill top, where we could see a good view of the old and new buildings of Macau.
The staffs at this hotel were very helpful and informative. As this was our 1st time traveling free and easy in Macau, we had many questions about the locations of our destinations. They were very patient in explaining all our enquiries. We could feel their eagerness trying to tell us more about this place and recommendations on where we should visit to know more about Macau eg. UNESCO heritage sites.
This place has enriched my holiday, absolutely!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AstASiszz
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I got to know this hotel from Trip Advisor. It was an excellent place, you will never regret if you be stayed there. I pre-booked this hotel half year ago as it has limited no. of rooms. I had a deluxe room with 1 king size bed. The rate was reasonable, it just cost about Rm300 per night with breakfast. The room was big but not huge. The breakfast was delicious, the choice was enough to fill your stomach. My daughter liked it very much. The staff were students but they were well trained.
It located at the hill. From hotel you can walk up to the park and you walk down to main road, there were many choice of public transport which was cheap & convenience. At the main road, there were hypermarket, foor stall etc. I will come back again Pousada de Mong-Ha.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends