“Excellent Hotel, Top Location”
Review of StarWorld Macau

StarWorld Macau
Ranked #46 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of Macau. It is within walking distance of everything. It is well run, well-maintained and has wonderful restaurants and the greatest Cigar Bar in Macau. Always some interesting entertainment in the lobby. Good entertainment in the bar. Fruit and wine waiting in my room after check in.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Cathysr

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Great hotel spedy check in and check out. Rooms are well appointed , high floors have a amazing views. Convenient location close to ferry terminal. Handy shuttle bus to the Galaxy. For the price and level of service its good value for money

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very good and nery clean hotel and casino resort.... great service...I even got a bottle of wine upon checking into the hotel!! The best part is that everyone is soooo into gambling that the pool was all mine!!!

Room Tip: If you think the rooms facing The Grand Lisboa would be neautiful...yes...but if you need to sleep e...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank WanLanun
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After I check-in and enter my room awhile, a sweet call comes from front-desk and the staff asks me whether I am satisfied with the room, and a free plate of fruit is given for thanking me to stay in starworld hotel.
The room is good and all things look new. Perhaps its hotel style is ...grand? so that I think it is not super stylish enough.
I love the room-view very much, there are 3-4 big, famous casino around (wynee, 新葡京, MGM etc). They are shining at night. Staying on the 31st floor, I think my view is much better than that of macau-tower and it is free & 24-hrs!
I do not pay any for the transportation as there are too many free casino shuttle buses running between all hot spots and casinos. What we need to do is to check the routes of buses from the big casinos around. Starworld is around 15-20min walk to Ruins of St. Paul's. It is good that I am easy to go to buy souvenir.
The breakfast buffet is fair good-- yogurt, congee, noodles, bread, fruits etc... Chinese and Western style. Healthy and Tasty.
The only thing need to be reminded --- please bring along body lotion & shampoo. The room is dry and the body lotion provided is not moisturized enough. The shampoo is ...weak? No bubbles at all. I feel that I can't wash my hair clean enough.

Room Tip: It seems that it has "theme" for different rooms. I see there is a "sea/lake" th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank XiaoXiaoYu
Reviewed 4 February 2012

We had 2 nights at Starworld over the New Year period! Lovely hotel, very nice staff, amazing view from our room, great breakfast! Never had the need to catch a taxi in Macau due to the buses that run from casino to casino (excellent idea)! But was a bit disappointed that we got charged $4 AUD for some milk for a cup of tea! We paid approx $170 AUD per night, booked through the hotel website!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I visit Macau several times a year - not for the gambling but for the food :-) I have tried several hotels during my many stays and still finds Starworld my all time favourite. The hotel is not huge like Venetian or the Galaxy complex and they can therefore provide a more exclusive experience. I do not have to manuover myself among the crowd like I had to when I stayed at Venetian and Wynns. Being located in the main city, I am in close access to my favourite restaurants and eateries. The hotel provides a range of shuttle buses to many locations including the new Galaxy complex. This is useful when I wish to try my luck in one of the large casinos in Cotai.
The rooms here are really spacious and can easily fit an extra bed. Try to request for a room overlooking the lake. I always book a room on the Executive floor so that I can enjoy the view and also be slightly away from the "group" crowd.

Room Tip: Book a room on the Executive Floor overlooking the Lake
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank SINTraveller2002
Reviewed 20 November 2011

What a fantastic hotel. Very attentive staff, amazing large rooms, scrumptious breakfast buffet, L'occitane toiletries, amazing views, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, massive casino, free transfers, a free welcome cake and fruit basket and nearby other large casino hotels like MGM. What else can I say?! Will def be back here!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo