“Veneer-tian” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Sydney, Australia
“Veneer-tian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This hotel has a veneer of luxury but when you are only offered 2 sachets of coffee in your room for 24-hours, it becomes apparent that the luxury is a facade with little else on the side. The Bella suite was large and the mock-Venetian architecture is amazing - exactly like Vegas and is the only reason I would stay there. The property is massive and impersonal and you feel like a passsenger on a conveyer belt with a number stamped on you, passing through Disneyland. It was actually better to stay at a smaller hotel opposite and look back at the Venetian. We booked 2 non-smoking suites and one was smoky with a guest obviously smoking in an adjacent room. This is always a turn-off for me and would make me very reluctant to return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank amberlower

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

The room was really nice and cozy but what surprised us were the swimming pools. Most of the visitors simply went to the casino and shopping mall and so the swimming pools were not crowded at all. There several pools in this hotel, fitting different guests' need, got both kids pool and adult pools, also a warm Jacuzzi mermaid pool, which we liked most.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FKD_sasa
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Venetian for our anniversary in April.

The check-in was smooth. The only complaint was that we were misinformed that pre-booked breakfasts could be consumed inside our room, but in fact, they could only be enjoyed at the restaurant. The hotel management had been informed of our anniversary a few days earlier and gave us a special flower and chocolate treat which was truely lovely.

The Royal Suite (standard room in the hotel) was spacious and well-decorated as many mentioned. We loved it. The view was unobstructed but not impressive -- no ocean, no beach, no trees but some low-lying buildings and structures with one other gigantic hotel across the street.

The casino was not too noisy or crowded as I had expected. We didn't spend much time there though. The hotel lobby and shopping mall were huge yet full of people -- a bit out of place for a 'resort'. We enjoyed a few hours of shopping in the mall which was much like a maze. The design, mimicking the streets in Venice, was grand but lack of originality.

I tried one of the swimming pools (there were four), which was quiet and nice, in the morning. It was the best place I liked there.

Check-out was slow as there were too many people in the lines -- I had to wait for a couple minutes even to store/take back our luggages at the concierge.

Room Tip: Go there in low season if possible (like us). High seasons at this hotel will be even more hectic, I...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hongkong123
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Traveled with extended family and booked 6 rooms for an overnight stay at Venetian Macao. Checking in took a while. We were given rooms in different floors and different wings (North and South) to our dismay. The front desk clerk said they were very busy and there was no way to remedy the situation. The hotel was enormous and we had to walk a distance from the West Lobby to the rooms. I had to go back for the maps as he forgot to hand them to me. The hotel lobby was packed and people were everywhere. It's like being in a classy market... chaotic is the best way to describe it. Air smelled like smoke in most places.

The rooms are huge and nice with a seating area and huge bathroom. They were clean. Noise from the hallways can be heard in the rooms so I woke up several times during the night. My nephew got locked out of his room and it took over a half an hour to remedy the situation.

The breakfast buffet is one of the worst for a 5 star hotel. Not much in terms of food selection and quality. Poor service and cleanliness.

The shops are a plenty. Good place to shop.

Checking out was a bit faster. Glad to go and not looking forward to return to this place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ninimd
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

So after reading all the negatives I was really concerned about staying here (partly because I am SO DEMANDING and extremely FUSSY and pedantic).. However this is my experience:

* Arrive at the airport... Plenty of signage for FREE venetian shuttle buses to take us to the Hotel. It was there waiting for us and service was amazing.
* Check-in was FAST and easy
* Room was a treat. It was HUGE. It was not dated. It was classy. It had everything I could need and more... Bed was very comfortable.
* On the phone there is a button that says 'priority' or something like that... When you press it - the person on the other side can answer ANYTHING.... where, when, how, directions, food, doctor, massage, transport... literally they knew everything... Every time I had a question... that button had had the answer... It was like concierge but SO much more...
* Smoking.... so I read A LOT of reviews saying that you pretty much die from smoke inhalation... What a lie... the only place you can smoke is the smoking rooms and the Casino... and the ventilation works well. There is new smoking laws in Macau and you can not smoke in most roofed areas.
* The Mall is HUGE... no exaggeration there and its beautiful and the shops are great
* Service in general was impeccable
* There is no prostitutes running around everywhere as other reviewers said... I saw three on my 5th night there and they were pretty discreet... It was at 3 in the morning (they even have business cards lol)... I think you can find them anywhere in the world at 3am... apart from Saudi Arabia maybe.... I am a female and they didn't bother me.
* Food was amazing everywhere we ate... especially in Edo Japanese restaurant... Expect to cough up the cash though
* We were there for 5 nights and I dont believe we have even seen half the complex...its MASSIVE... expect to get lost... a lot. They men in yellow will usually help you out.
* I tried SO hard to find a flaw in this whole place. I failed.
* They even have doctors 24/7 if you are unwell... for 70AU they see you and give you medication with it.
* Botox? Yep you can get it here
* Massage? They have 52 massage rooms. Yes 52 rooms.
* Kids? The kids zone is HUGEEE
* Checkout - a breeze
* Room service? Yummy and fast
* Staff = friendly

Do I recommend this place? Yes... I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I am one of those annoying, demanding, perfectionist, princess females otherwise known as 'high maintenance' This place I seriously I can not fault!

Please let me know if you have any questions - I am more than happy to answer.

Room Tip: Book 40 days in advance and get 20% of your stay. Ask for a view of the Cotai strip.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank princessivai
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

From the Taipa ferry terminal, we rode the free shuttle going to the hotel and every time we go to other hotels, we just go to the hotel's bus terminal and rides are free. Check-in is a breeze and even the check-out. Rooms are big and luxurious really fit for a king though it still smelled of smoke even if its non-smoking room. Hotel is huge and we had a hard time walking from the lobby to our room because we had a kid with us and we cannot pass through the casinos which i think is a shortcut to the hotel suites. Try the pools on the fifth or third level just after the qube the views are great. The gondoliers have good singing voices you'll think there is an orchestra.BTW there is an orchestra on the St mark square(?) near the victoria secret shop. For shoppers, its heaven but don't expect SALEs. Every signature shop you could think of is there. The food court had a vast variety of cuisine. We tried the indian food..expensive with a very little serving but good. Portuguese cuisine we also tried but im not really into it. Try the japanese cuisine at the corner in front of fat burger (i forgot the name) but it really taste good. Overall stay very memorable and price is well worth it especially if you avail of the advance purchase online which i think i got 20% discount. I heard someone say that once you tried the Venetian you'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the south side viewing the Conrad and Hardrock hotel but i think staying on the north f...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rossManila
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

The Venetian is a great place to go and visit, but I found it disappointing as a hotel. The service was NOT of 5-star hotels in the States. Slow and the rooms were very expensive!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends