In general ...
1. Efficient staff. Check-in was painless (one of the most efficient I have had in Macau). Housekeeping was very quick too.
2. Almost every staff was greeting guests in French - that worked very well.
3. My room was well designed with a bit of the retro feel. I especially like the cover-curtains with an art-deco design, and the electronic blind that provide the option to separate the bathroom from the room.
4. Breakfast variety was very good (especially the cold cuts, the cheese, and the macaroons), but the Chinese food quality could be much improved.
5. The female staff also dressed nicely. I especially like the long capes that some of them were wearing in the morning - very European-feel.
6. They were detailed to being-in pieces of the French culture. For example, they was featuring photos of Brigitte Bardot throughout the property - the reminisce of one of the most beautiful sex symbols from France, and a piece of the post WWII French culture.
7. Good location with plenty of local food choices just a couple of blocks from the hotel. The surrounding could look a bit rough (especially at night), but it will get better of all the redevelopment coming.
If you are sick of all the ritz and glitz from the Americans/Australians ran properties, or the stingy feeling of some of the Asian ran properties, Sofitel Macau at Ponte16 offers an excellent alternative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned on Macau's picturesque waterfront, Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16 is located in the center of the city and amidst the charming historical quarter with walking distance to St. Paul's Ruins and A-Ma Temple! The complex of restaurant, bar, recreational facilities, meeting and banquet venues, in-house casino and MJ Gallery ensures that Sofitel has created an exquisite world for lovers of "art de vivre". The hotel has an easy access to the major points of entry into Macau and offers its guests complimentary transfers to the Macau ferry terminal and GongBei border gate on the Ponte 16 casino shuttle buses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Prestigia, Agoda, Expedia, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Macau At Ponte 16 Hotel Macau
- Sofitel Ponte 16
- Macau Peninsula Sofitel