“good comps & points for player card members”
Review of MGM Macau

MGM Macau
Ranked #30 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A few months ago, I went to play in their casino for an evening and got a free Golden Lion Club player card. Then last month I got a sms message from them that I get a 1 free night stay in December. I then call a number on the card and ask their host if I can get 2 nights free. They let me! And I'm not really a high-roller.

Their casino is very nice. With the only craps table left in the Macau city area. Wynn, Grand Lisboa, L'arc, Sands, no longer have craps. Nice blackjack rules too,but there are only 2 tables and they're usually full of players.

The lunch buffet at Rossio is exellent. For $208 per person, great value, quality, and seletions. Most people go for the seafood and sushi bar, but a got a few tacos and bbq. The seatings outside is much nicer and brighter, overlooking the Aurora displays. You can also use your player card points here or any place in the resort.

The Lion's Bar night club right in the middle of the hotel is awesome. With a great live American band playing all night. The only place of it's kind in that area.

A few downsides. Check-ins after 3pm and check-out at 11am can be a bummer. And the rooms are quite average for it's reputation. Rooms at Wynn were way more impressive. But if I can get comped for free rooms, then I have no complaince.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Good location. Impressive interrior everywhere in the hotel and casino. Good internet connection. Helpfull staff on Recepion Desk - expecially Stephy Pang. The staff in confecionery inside in front of aquarius is not enough kind.

Room Tip: room with view to the city
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is ideal if you want the best Chinese restaurant I've ever eaten in with super attentive staff who remembered our names and our order, good gym with plenty of machines and weights, the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen or tasted with a ridiculous selection and the best macchiato's!! We got upgraded to a lovely room with a good view (although it was very smoggy) and the lovely check in lady added complimentary breakfast for our 4 night stay which was actually worth paying for!!
The massive aquarium in the main courtyard was beautiful, you actually felt like you were under the sea! Look forward to coming back next year already.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We travel to Macau in late August and arrive with the Hotel shuttle bus. The hotel room is stylish and comfortable. They upgraded our room with amazing night view over the Taipa city and bridges. We love the Aquarium and the atmosphere inside the plaza while we were having a fabulous buffet breakfast at the restaurant. I will definitely select this hotel again when I return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in early November. Got a normal non smoking room on the 14th floor. Room was clean and the fixtures in good shape. The Reception staff and Bell Boys were very courteous. Food at Imperial Court was also nice and the waitresses were very attentive. Room was made up with fuss and clean.
Getting cabs from the front of the lobby is quite tough. I'd recommend walking to OneCentral Mall or the Casino exit to hail a cab. The Casino Tables were also more expensive than the Wynn across the street

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachBumFromSG
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had a grand suite on a high floor and wow what a room. Extremely luxurious - large spa bath with view across the city, huge shower with flashing disco lights, enormous sumptuous bed, marble floors, plush furniture etc etc ..... Breakfast was excellent. The service faultless. Didn't use the spa but the outdoor swimming pool was attractive and empty! Didn't love Macau but the hotel certainly compensated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Callycam
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is my second time to stay here, grand deluxe room. I came back because Wynn fulled and I was satisfied with my first stay in grand studio. Everything was fine and the lobby was not as crowded as some other Macau hotels.
But my nightmare came before check-out!
Hotel checkout time is 11:00 which is earlier than some of the Macau hotel at 12:00. At 11am sharp, when I was packing my thing, the hotel staffs keep ringing my TOILET room phone for 3 times without saying a word, I think this is the way they use to wake their guest up from bed.
After 5 mintues, a hotel staff (a man) open my room door without permission. Yes, he has knocked the door but at the same time opening my door. Within 2 seconds for me to reach the door from bedroom, he has already opened the door and ask me to leave. We were 2 girls in room and I think it was very impolite and mean. I told him im leaving or I dont mind if u charge me extra for late check but I really mind u walk into my room without my permission. At that time, I felt like staying in a 2 stars motel and I was so regret to stay here, no service, no next time.
It also reminds me that my first time staying, a hotel staff also used the hotel key to open my room door without knocking it. It was dinner time around 8-9 pm, because of shipsick I was still sleeping in bed. After I asked 'who?' and the staff just walk away.
I dont feel safe to stay in MGM Macau, seems like it's a bad habbit for MGM hotel staff to open guest room by their own key.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends