MGM Macau
US$268
US$260
US$130
  • Pool
Grand Coloane Resort Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$256
US$305
US$257
Elvoline
All reviewsimperial courtpastry barhuge fish tankmassive aquariumbedroom suitelovely roomnight viewchinese new yearexcellent hotelferry ticketsluxurious hotelcotai stripfour seasonsvegascasinospaatrium
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We visited Macau in January and when we wanted to stay, there were no rooms available at this hotel, so had to book somewhere else but we did visit the restaurant of the hotel for dinner. The choices on the menu, quality and taste of food and the service was outstanding. The food including the dessert was freshly prepared. We would like to compliment the chef, hotel Manager for managing this hotel so well.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I lived in vegas and when i came to visit Macau, i was amazed!!!
I had a fabulous time, the only downfall is taking the ferry, i hate that!!!
I will definitely go back and introduce this place to my friends.
From food, gaming tables, rooms you can never go worng!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank phephot
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed in the MGM for business last Dec and was blown away by the amazing service of the hotel. From pick up at the airport to check in and the upgrade to the amazing suite, I was totally WOW'ed by their friendliness and efficiency. The staff even acceded to my request for a property tour which I find rare. While its one of the smaller casino resorts in Macau, I do love its intimacy. You don't feel lost or over awed anywhere on the property. Only complaints are that they need to improve the room amenities with plugs next to the bed and was a little irritated that by curtains could not completely close but none the less, would highly recommend it. Will be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

When looking for a hotel in Macau, we had two stipulations – it had to be on the island where the old town was and it had to be a casino resort for the full Macau experience.

I was a bit tardy with my bookings and missed out on my first choice but I am SO glad I did. This hotel is completely fabulous, luxurious and all-over spectacular without having the tackiness and crowds of some of the other similar hotels, particularly on Cotai Island.

The pictures on Street View make it look like it’s kind of in the middle of nowhere but it’s not. There are bars and restaurants just a minute away (try the Jack Daniels Whiskey Bar over the road, table service, dice games and karaoke) not like on the other island where you are stuck between resorts. The casino culture can get a bit sickening, especially when a lot of the tables are minimum £50 bet.

As soon as you arrive, pass the matte black Lamborghini’s parked outside, and walk through the attached shopping mall past Chanel, Marc Jacobs etc, you know you are in a top drawer place. We had a very long journey via London and Hong Kong and were delighted to discover that we had been upgraded to a Harbour View Room. It was actually jaw-dropping. I can’t see how I would ever stay in a nicer hotel room. Often in 5* establishments in Europe, they will try to sting you for every extra they can whereas here everything was offered gratis – high-speed wifi, mini bar, nibbles in the bar.

Every member of staff we encountered was a credit to their employers. Knowledgeable, friendly and efficient and go out of their way to help you. The ‘square’ inside of the hotel with the giant aquarium complete with tropical fish, stingrays and even a shark is beautiful and classy. We drank in the ABA bar a couple of times and it was elegant and tasteful with lovely staff and surprisingly well-priced, particularly at Happy Hour when it is buy one get on free. We had breakfast in the MGM Patisserie a couple of times and their pastry work was as good as anything we’ve had in France.

I don’t have enough superlatives to describe this hotel and everything about it – just stay there if you’re in Macau!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rubyglittershoes
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A few months ago, I went to play in their casino for an evening and got a free Golden Lion Club player card. Then last month I got a sms message from them that I get a 1 free night stay in December. I then call a number on the card and ask their host if I can get 2 nights free. They let me! And I'm not really a high-roller.

Their casino is very nice. With the only craps table left in the Macau city area. Wynn, Grand Lisboa, L'arc, Sands, no longer have craps. Nice blackjack rules too,but there are only 2 tables and they're usually full of players.

The lunch buffet at Rossio is exellent. For $208 per person, great value, quality, and seletions. Most people go for the seafood and sushi bar, but a got a few tacos and bbq. The seatings outside is much nicer and brighter, overlooking the Aurora displays. You can also use your player card points here or any place in the resort.

The Lion's Bar night club right in the middle of the hotel is awesome. With a great live American band playing all night. The only place of it's kind in that area.

A few downsides. Check-ins after 3pm and check-out at 11am can be a bummer. And the rooms are quite average for it's reputation. Rooms at Wynn were way more impressive. But if I can get comped for free rooms, then I have no complaince.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo