My wife and I stayed here after a day in the crazyness of Merida and we absolutely loved it. The hotel is 10k north of Celestun on an unpaved road and as a result, there is nothing near the site. The hotel itself is really spaced out; you stay in individual cabins and as a result, although the hotel was fairly full, it felt like we were more or less alone on the site.
We stayed in a Master Suite as we were self catering for most of our holiday and fancied one night of luxury and it was well worth it. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in; the wet room was fantastic and the view of the ocean was wonderful, even if the weather didn't really co-operate. I don't think that I have ever said this before, but the photos on the hotel website do accurately reflect the setting and the rooms.
Service was enthusiastic and friendly although it could have been more polished in places. However, the staff delivered a pot of coffee and some cake to our suite in the morning and were so quiet that my wife didn't wake up!
As others have said there isn't much to do in the area other than relax, go on bird watching trips or do yoga, so it may not be suitable for families, but if you are in the area and want complete relaxation, this is the perfect place.
The restaurant is very good; it produced some of the best food we ate whilst in Mexico and given that there is nothing nearby, I do not feel that the food was overpriced. The cost was similar to restaurants we ate at in the touristy bits of the Riviera Maya but the quality and presentation of food was better.
Overall, both my wife and I commented that we wished we could have stayed more than one night. I doubt that we will come back to this part of Mexico in the near future, but if we do, I would definitely come back to this hotel for a few nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun