Xixim ("Xi" meaning abundance and "xim" sea shells.....a true gem! All I heard for the 48 hrs of my stay (too short!) were birds singing along with the sound of the wind and the waves. HEAVEN.
My bungalow was wonderful, comfortable, peaceful....it had everything I needed. Simple luxury. The staff were wonderful, I had one of the best massages I've had in a long time from Alejandra. The food was amazing, they have one of the most delicious and comprehensive vegetarian menus I've seen in Mexico - the true flavors of Yucatan! My walks on the beach were incredible, not seeing another human for at least 1 hour transported me into a deeper connection to self and nature. The water great for swimming, there are also 2 beautiful swimming pools onsite! They have a beautiful yoga studio with a full supply of mats, blankets, blocks and straps - all new and clean. I manage and host yoga retreats and will most definitely recommend this paradise. 1.5 hrs from Merida, its the perfect combination of colonial culture and old Mexico (Merida) meets raw beauty (Xixim). I have visited many places in the world and this one was truly special!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun