The Service and Grounds:
The food, service and amenities were great, and we enjoyed swimming and kayaking in the ocean very much. I had a blast riding a bike on the dirt road near the complex (I maintained enough speed to outrun the mosquitoes). It's a good place to get away from technology and converse, experience nature and reflect on life.
The staff were all extremely friendly and spoke english, the food fresh, and the rooms immaculate.
Unlike some, I grew up in an environment with mosquitoes, so I wasn't bothered very much by them during the stay. I had two tiny bumps come and go on my ankle for a 3 day stay. Others had dozens of welts appear.
One of our party members developed large welts on his back from them (he was assaulted during a bike ride to see the flamingoes), while other developed painful sores.
With better preparation (Calamine lotion, incense to burn (keeps mosquitos away) and light long sleeve clothing, I would return. But, then again, I am the adventurous type.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun