Like other reviewers our first disappointment was the shocking 10 kms of dirt road we had to endure before we got to the property. We feel that the hotel should make guests aware of this prior to arrival. Once we got there we were delighted with the beautiful room set in lovely grounds with the beach right in front. Sadly this delight was short lived as we soon became aware that it was impossible to spend anytime from mid afternoon onwards outside the room without being attacked by mosquitos. Trying to enjoy a cocktail in the bar whilst watching the sunset was impossible despite being covered in mossie spray. We took refuge in the hot and stuffy restaurant where we had a very average meal. We were the only guests in the restaurant for dinner, in fact there seemed to be very few guests in the hotel in general so the atmosphere was somewhat lacking. There didn't seem to be a lot of staff either as the guy who ran the bar also came and acted as our waiter for dinner. Breakfast next morning was also average. It's such a pity that this place is so beautiful and has so much potential to be amazing yet it is being run in a rather amateurish way. They are doing their best to keep the mosquitos at bay by spraying the grounds in the evening and hopefully the road is going to be improved but in our opinion the hotel is lacklustre which is such a pity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- XIXIM: a different alternative. Consciousness, love for intact nature, rediscovering yourself, high quality and the simplicity of our services are the secrets that we generously share in our paradise...Hotel XIXIM is an ecological paradise. Bordered by an unspoiled beach that stretches forever, a dwarf palm plantation and an abundance of indigenous vegetation, the environment here has always taken precedent over profit, in this very special, luxuriously rustic hotel. At present, we have 32 thatched cabanas, 24 junior suites with 2 four-poster double beds and 8 master suites with a king size bed, each with its own private verandah and en-suite bathroom. An extremely large thatched, double-story rondavel with sweeping views of the beach, golden sunsets and our pool area. Upstairs one will find El Santuario, our fully stocked bar and lounge area, and downstairs, our pride and joy, Restaurant Zaxim. The buildings dramatic thatched roof with the longest, straightest tree trunk supports, graphically canopy your occasion.Our Wellness Center as a set of architectural human and natural elements: palapas and mangroves, buildings and coastal dunes, windows overlooking the emerald-green sea, open spaces yet of intimate dimensions, each and every one of them integrated to the pristine nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Xixim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Celestun
- Eco Paraiso Xixim Hotel Celestun