“Why isn't this hotel excellent???”

Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our second stay at this hotel 14-17 April 2014 for an Easter break at Disney with the children. We last stayed in October 2013 and booked it again as no Disney hotels were available at short notice. As last time, there were some problems but my view is they could so easily be sorted and this hotel could be so much better.

The rooms are very nice and this time we had no maintenance problems. We had a family room with two beds for the children and lots of space. It was much larger than the executive room we had previously though no Nespresso machine nor robes which was a shame. Double bed was two singles pushed together which was also disappointing.

The shuttle bus arrangements had improved since our last stay and they seemed to be booking more sensible numbers onto the morning buses. Still a nightmare however as (aside UK & US it seems), no-one will form an orderly queue so a real 'bun-fight' to get on. Half hourly is too limited - needs to be every 10-15 minutes at peak times in my view.

Breakfast was fine with no queues and pretty efficient as buffets go. Food was fine. The Birdy restaurant still has ripped chairs etc. which is not great. Bar did not have orange juice and lemonade???? Lack of ice machines is annoying.

Service is very hit and miss.generally not enough staff front of house and always long waits, I never once actually saw the concierge despite being told to see him for various things - just not around. They again tried to charge me a city tax when I had paid a fully inclusive rate - worth being aware if.

Daily room make up was fine - we didn't have towels replenished on one occasion, We also had no soap and only one coffee sachet in arrival. Chamber maid claimed they have no soap and was totally unhelpful. I obtained these items from reception after a long wait.

Swimming pool had no towels - you have to ask at reception which is not speedy as above. Small pool and spa - very nice.

So overall good rooms, comfy beds, peace and quiet, good amenities - sort the service and could definitely be eccentric!

2  Thank Denise R
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Mrs Denise R,

We appreciate you took the time to complete our survey regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I would like to thank you for your business and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, eventhough I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Comfortable beds. Good breakfast selection. Large rooms. Swimming pool. Excellent bus service to the park which you book daily at half hourly slots. Best bus is 9.30am as it gets you to the park as the rides are opening, no need to book on the way home. You can hop on the bus when you arrive in by train as it stops right outside the train station. Staff really helpful and polite. The disadvantage is that the park opens from 10am until 10.30pm and we found it a hassle to come back, rest, change and then return in the evening. Good value for money though, we booked a family room at £500 for bed and breakfast for 4 nights. Would recommend if you're on a budget.

1  Thank Lottiloo
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Mrs Lottiloo,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here recently with my husband and two children (8 and 6). Got a very good deal for full board on-line. The hotel was clean and modern. Our room was good (had everything we needed but would not be called luxurious) but when visiting Disney not much time will be spent in the room! The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. There were many families staying there and a couple of corporate gatherings but there was no noise disturbances at night. Breakfast is buffet style and there is a huge range of food to suit all. Dinner is good. We used the pool and although it is on the small side it was clean and we enjoyed the facility. There is a nice outdoor playground that our children loved after breakfast each morning.

The big selling points for us was that we wanted to get away from the Disney madness in the evening and the hotel was a relaxing escape. The regular shuttle bus service is great (runs from early morning to night so possible to get bus after Disney Dreams Show) and it is just a 5 - 7 min trip to the park.

We found the staff to be extremely helpful and nice. Upon our arrival we discovered that we left our 3 day park tickets in the taxi. The girl in reception was very helpful and communicated on our behalf (as we have little or no French) to the company and our problem was sorted and tickets retrieved within 30 mins. The bar and restaurant staff were also very friendly.

So, we would recommend this hotel as a base for families visiting Disney. There are not any Disney characters at breakfast and it is not a themed hotel but that is what suited us!

Dear Mr Neasa W,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I would like to thank you for your business and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Very good location ,easy shuttle bus to Disney Good breakfast . but little numbers of employees make them always busy specially concierge who have to handle a lot of customers and some times not available,stuff very helpful

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Mr 273hatema,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with Concierge. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Front Office Manager, in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel only for one night to take my kids to Disney. The Hotel looked nice, rooms were clean. While I was there Wi-Fi worked fine. I loved the breakfast, large and lots of choices to please everyone. Would definitely stay here when I go back to Disneyland Paris.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr Jose G,

Reviewed 5 April 2014

staff not really friendly - just bare minimum of courtesy, sheets and bedcovers not changed on one occasion, internet connection not reliable, key card to our room did not work for 3 out of 4 days we were there, loose change stolen by cleaners, too far from disneyland park. i would not be staying here nor would i recommend this hotel to anyone in he future.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
2  Thank Pedro B

Dear Mr Pedro B,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Great hotel and excellent location. Staff were extremely helpful, polite and welcoming. There was also a great shuttle bus service. The hotel room was lovely and spacious. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Mr C199,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Disney's Newport Bay Club

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!