“We enjoyed it!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Retford, United Kingdom
“We enjoyed it!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have to say I did book a king room and got a twin, but a quick call to reception and it was swapped! We had plenty of towels, plenty of toiletries, plenty of tea coffee and cups! The bed was comfy, the water was hot, everything worked just as it should!! Our only complaint and we can see why is the expense of drinks, no one wants drunks at or around Disney but I think prices are very excessive, this being said a lovely stay!

• Stayed July 2014
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Mrs tonikb39,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Close enough to Disney to only need to use the shuttle bus to and from the park ... but far enough away to mean that you don't get all the hordes of families - so it's a slice of normality for a bit!

Check-in was speedy, friendly but thorough. Rooms spacious and comfy (albeit lacking in pillows!) ... however I did find the pool area a bit strange - most of the lockers seemed to be broken, and there was a gate which clearly confused even the french staying in the hotel.

We tried to get extra pillows for the room, but only one could be found. Breakfast staff were also either prejudiced towards me and my partner, or we were just plain unlucky trying to get coffee!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TobesUK
Dear Mr TobesUK,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the room, swimming pool and breakfast. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Housekeeping, Maintenance and , in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Never in all my years of travelling have I experienced anything as bad as I did at this hotel. We arrived just before midnight to an empty desk after waiting five minutes I was then told the room I had paid for was not available. We had two very tired children, one aged 4 asleep and we were told we would have to stay in another hotel. What an absolute disgrace. I would even say it is bordering on the criminal. I paid my money to stay at the Radisson hotel and as a member of their loyalty program the very least I expected would be to stay at the hotel I booked. I waited another 20 minutes for a taxi and then stayed in a hotel which had blood on the sheets and was disgusting. And now I have to pay to get to Disneyland rather than use the hotels shuttle service. Words can't explain my disgust at this hotel. I advise the trip advisor community to boycott this hotel until it improves it's customer relations. I will never again stay in a Radisson hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Biglexy
Dear Mr Biglexy,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, General Manager, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Sincerely yours,

Travellers are raving about these Magny-le-Hongre hotels

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I booked this Hotel because I am regular customer to Radisson globally. Actually writing this review now in other Radisson Hotel in other location in Europe and these two hotels are totally incomperable Even they are same chain.

I have to say that this experience in this particular Hotel was simply - disappointment.

Reading few previous Tripadvisor reviews from other travellers tells the whole story (after we started to smell the "rat"). We faced exactly the same issues that has been mentioned in several reviews.

We were family of four (4) and room was basically equipped for family but only for two (2) persons, like children aren't not considered as customers?

No towels for everyone, no Tea Or coffee cups for 4,...

Constant Room makeup issues,... Towels are disappearing and replacements were not given.

Even the dinner at restaurant was a small disappointment. Service was not that good and some issues with the cooking as well. Kind feedback was given to waiters.

Some food quality issues at Breakfast as well. Feedback has been given.

This list could be continued but can be read some excellent reviews from other Co-travellers.

Before we checked out I went downstairs to reception and gave my honest and kind feedback face to face. I pointed out that I am a regular customer of Radisson. As well I mentioned to personnel that would it be now high time to do some corrective actions in Radisson Disney due to constant negative feedback and reviews in Tripadvisor as well. "Patent answers" from Hotel's Social Media Manager does not solve these, real problems - Hotel management has to do something about to solve them.

Positive feedback to Hotel is that I received anyway nice and good service from reception desk when visited there F2F. But I believe my regular customer status might help in this a bit.

I do expect that Hotel manager is contacting me personnally because I left this message for the manager in duty.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jouni V
Dear Mr Jouni V,

Mechelen, Belgium
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked this hotel because it had some acceptable reviews and the location of the hotel was not too far from Disneyland. The hotel itself is located around green scenery as it had a golf course. It was a calm and peaceful surrounding.
This was quickly crushed as we checked in. We made a booking for a queen size bed and when we checked in....it seemed everything was smooth. The staff a gentleman at the reception was just "acceptable friendly". However when we actually went to our room we noticed that there were 2 single beds. That was not what we booked for. The worst part was they failed to mention this fact to us. I called the reception, but was quickly brushed off by a lady saying that it is not confirmed that we would actually get what we booked. They were fully booked for the night and we should try asking for a queen size bed the next morning. Which we did only again to be brushed off very rudely by a lady... that there were no other rooms available... they did not even try to compensate us in anyway. Worst part I felt they were not bothered at all and just wanted to end a call that seem to be taking up their time.
Another bad point was the concierge on the first day. We asked for directions to the Disneyparks as we were driving there. Our package came with free parking at the park and we needed to find the right parking. We were told by the reception that the concierge would be able to give us directions. There was a young guy at the concierge.... he was not helpful and was in fact irritated by our questions. He gave us useless information and was rude. We ended up in a parking where we had to pay.
A few good points though...on the second day we tried our luck again at the concierge. We were greeted by a slightly elderly staff. He was very very helpful and friendly. He knew his job well. He gave us such good directions and we found our way to the right car park so easily. Also to mention that the breakfast was good. The staff at the breakfast area was friendly and helpful. We always came down at the last hour but before they closed the breakfast spread they always came to inform us politely that we should help ourselves before they closed it.
Overall this experience was not a very good one. The rooms were acceptable but nothing great for a 4 star hotel. The reception staff could be more helpful and be more guess friendly. It makes me wonder if all Radisson Blue chains would offer the same service?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Thia07
Dear Mrs Thia07,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Head Of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took an 8 year old to Disneyland for the weekend & decide to use some of our Avios to pay for the trip. We knew we were running late so we telephoned the hotel to inform them. When we got there we were told there was no room for us. They did offer to find us somewhere else to stay, but then miraculously found an available room. The room itself was as you would expect if a little tired & some of the facilities were missing i.e a kettle, but was fine as we were not going to spend much time there. Breakfast was included and typically continental but adequate. We had booked the free shuttle bus to the Disneyland Park, which was OK. However, return journeys cannot be pre-booked. This leads to a very dangerous situation at 11.15pm when everyone wants to get back to the hotel. The one bus is very overcrowded and would be classed as illegal if it were stopped. If there was an accident there would most certainly be fatalities. The biggest issue with this is that the driver just lets everyone on. We raised this problem with the hotel management who to their credit have assured us that this matter would be dealt with immediately. We have also been offered a 1 night stay to prove that this is not their normal level of service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim S
Dear Mrs Kim S,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with shuttle. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Front Office Manager, in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here for a few days to visit Disneyland Paris. First experience was trying to find the bus from the train station for the hotel. It doesn't have an allocated stop and you'll notice most of the Disney hotels have a dedicated bus stops across from the station, in large regular buses entering and leaving in their own lane. The Radisson bus actually stops in the taxi rank lane, and the driver aims for the no parking bay in front of an exit from the car park which can be blocked by cars dropping people off, not the best first impression. The hotel itself was reasonable, although the rooms were dated and beat up it was generally quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was a bit chaotic, most of the hot items I had were cold on each of the three mornings despite eating at different times. On one morning I poured my coffee at my seat only to return to find another family sitting there which apparently the waiter had already seated! Booking bus tickets ahead is required and for the most part we got a seat on the bus and although queuing was an alien concept the bus was on time each day we left and returned from the park. I guess for the price I can't complain compared to alternatives but if you are looking for a quality hotel I would consider looking elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex P
Dear Mr Alex P,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Front Office Manager, Food and Beverage, in order to improve our operations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Disneyland Hotel
#4 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
Disney's Hotel Santa Fe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!