“Not a 4 star.. More like a 2 star”

Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We arrived at the hotel and as predicted my "best rate guaranteed" was not honoured, inspite of having an email from central bookings the hotel would not accept it. The aggressive, arrogant and pompous manager could not have cared less. Revolting. We arrived in the room, big hole in the bathroom wall and bad scuff marks on the walls. We have been here 2 nights so far with 2 still to go. The shuttle bus has been over 20 mins late on each night returning from the parks and with two super tired children less than ideal. All in all... I should have believed the reviews and changed my booking to stay at a decent hotel. Poor show radisson.... Perhaps if your business leaders we actually customer focussed, so might the rest of your staff. If you are reading this... Book elsewhere I hear the Marriott is much better.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Andrea S
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mrs Andrea S,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Sincerely yours,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,744)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

When the hotel is full if you don't get up early there is a risk you may find the breakfast buffet almost empty. They should keep the buffet full until the breakfast closing time.They said there were not available tables for breakfast when all they had to do was open one of the many rooms they have. If you have a full hotel you should be able to handle everybody at the breakfast. The room was very dry and my husband and child got a bronchitis attack. So bring your humidifier if you don't want to have this problem.
We also had a problem when we arrived. We had a booking for a triple room but they wanted to split us in 2 separated rooms saying that we arrived late and our room was gone (even if we advised that we were arriving with a late flight). But this problem was solved with communicating rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle L
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Mrs Danielle L,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with breakfast and Room. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Food and beverage and Housekeeping, in order to improve our operations.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Having stayed at Radisson Blu in other locations, I expected something quite different than what we got. The property & the rooms were very clean. We did upgrade to a suite & it worked out just ok. The room had a small entry hall (not sure why?) a 1/2 bathroom , small fridge & coffee maker,table with 4 chairs, sleeper sofa, desk & TV in the living room & in the bedroom a full bathroom with separate tub & shower, a large closet, desk & TV & king size bed. Sounds good in theory! All the furniture was cheap looking & when the sofa was opened to a bed, you could not get to the desk, fridge or most windows in the living room. The breakfast buffet was pretty mediocre at best with items not being being replaced, fruit being predominately the canned kind, runny eggs, etc. And when they say breakfast until 10, don't even think there will be anything at 10:10 because there wont!
There is free shuttle service between the Disney Parks/Train Station & the hotel every 30 minutes, but the pickup/drop off is not marked AND it is packed! And if its too crowded to get on, you do have to wait 30 minutes for the next one and it is too far to walk. The staff at the concierge & the front desk were very nice but the rest of the staff were basically of the attitude that maybe if they ignored you, you'd go away. Were we to return to Paris Disney, we would not stay here but would choose somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mrs lorrie56,

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Thought we would surprise our children with disneyland after our family holiday in Italy. After a 18hour drive arrived at our holiday, had to que for 15 mind just to check in. Signed paper work got room key, when we got to our room we had booked a queen bed and double bed instead we all got single beds! Room phone didn't work glasses were missing, spoke to reception we were then given another room on walking into the room had a very dusty smell and had a hole in the carpet, in the bath was pubic hairs! No towels the children's pillows were yellow!!!! Had no pillow cases on! And the amount of dust on the floor round the beds looked like someone had emptied there hoover there no menu phones not working no tea or coffee. By this point we had 2 very upset children I was in tears! My partner demanded a manager to our room after 20 mins he again told the manager to come upstairs. On her entering the room she told us "I'm sorry I don't think this room has been cleaned " we showed her everything she was discusted.! She got us a free drink from the bar and upgraded our room yet again. This room seemed ok but when my partner went to use the toilet noticed that there was Blood on the scurting board and wall next to the toilet. Only 2 of us had towels luckily I bought 2 of my own. We ordered room services as we were very tired driving 18hour when it arrived we were missing food. The food was vile! I wouldn't feed it to a dog and the few mouthfuls the children did eat caused them to be ill in disneyland the next day so we had to leave for home early. I think environmental health need to visit this hotel and can tell you it would be shut down in a heartbeat! No way is this a 4 star hotel I've seen much better 1 star hotels. Avoid avoid avoid.!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Natale L

Dear Mr Natale L,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have to say I did book a king room and got a twin, but a quick call to reception and it was swapped! We had plenty of towels, plenty of toiletries, plenty of tea coffee and cups! The bed was comfy, the water was hot, everything worked just as it should!! Our only complaint and we can see why is the expense of drinks, no one wants drunks at or around Disney but I think prices are very excessive, this being said a lovely stay!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Mrs tonikb39,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Close enough to Disney to only need to use the shuttle bus to and from the park ... but far enough away to mean that you don't get all the hordes of families - so it's a slice of normality for a bit!

Check-in was speedy, friendly but thorough. Rooms spacious and comfy (albeit lacking in pillows!) ... however I did find the pool area a bit strange - most of the lockers seemed to be broken, and there was a gate which clearly confused even the french staying in the hotel.

We tried to get extra pillows for the room, but only one could be found. Breakfast staff were also either prejudiced towards me and my partner, or we were just plain unlucky trying to get coffee!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TobesUK

Dear Mr TobesUK,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the room, swimming pool and breakfast. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Housekeeping, Maintenance and , in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Never in all my years of travelling have I experienced anything as bad as I did at this hotel. We arrived just before midnight to an empty desk after waiting five minutes I was then told the room I had paid for was not available. We had two very tired children, one aged 4 asleep and we were told we would have to stay in another hotel. What an absolute disgrace. I would even say it is bordering on the criminal. I paid my money to stay at the Radisson hotel and as a member of their loyalty program the very least I expected would be to stay at the hotel I booked. I waited another 20 minutes for a taxi and then stayed in a hotel which had blood on the sheets and was disgusting. And now I have to pay to get to Disneyland rather than use the hotels shuttle service. Words can't explain my disgust at this hotel. I advise the trip advisor community to boycott this hotel until it improves it's customer relations. I will never again stay in a Radisson hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Biglexy

Dear Mr Biglexy,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, General Manager, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Sincerely yours,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!