“Disappointing!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Last year we stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel and loved it, this time we thought we would try something different and considered Radisson with its credentials, a good alternative. We found the check in easier than Dream Castle, more efficient and less queuing. This was the only plus though, overall our impression and experience did not match up to the Dream Castle.

We had chosen the Half Board option. Breakfast was OK, but I did notice a fellow guest find hairs in his scrambled eggs, this was rather off putting and I chose not to have this again. Other than that, good choice of pastries, cereals, cheese, meats etc.

The first evening: Dinner was excellent, A La Carte, well presented with approximately 5 choices of starter, main and dessert. However as the days went on, the menu did not change and quite honestly we were bored. With a couple of choices that I would avoid, for example; Foie Gras for my own ethical reasons I do not eat and steak & smoked salmon that despite having paid half board, the hotel charged extra for...Our choices became limited & wearing. Before booking, I emailed the Hotel to ask about dining options, specifically buffet availability.We were promised that there was a Buffet restaurant as well as the A La Carte. Don't be fooled by this! We arrived on Saturday and checked out on Wednesday, there was no Buffet available on these evenings. Having said that we were assured that the Buffet was happening on Thursday?? Not being there to find out, I cannot confirm or deny this.

We would not have booked this Hotel if we had known, or been told truthfully, that there was only going to be A La Carte dining. We wondered if this was a money saving exercise!

Our room was always serviced and was a decent size, despite the fact that we sacrificed space for an extra bed for our 13 year old daughter. I was concerned by the lack of mattress protectors. In the UK this is now considered a basic hygiene standard!

The shuttle bus was reliable and not as busy as it could have been, the advantage is the only Hotel it serviced was the Radisson. Our bus last year called at 3 or 4 Hotels. That was a truly "Cattle Class" experience.

On our last day we arrived back to our room and found the door had been left wide open, I can only assume by Room Service. After an initial frantic check of the cupboards and the safe we were relieved to find nothing had been taken. Our room was at the farthest end of the corridor, fortunately this meant no one had walked past and seen the "invitation.". I spoke to a Gentleman on reception, whilst he was sympathetic he did not seem overly perturbed. I can't say he filled me with confidence.

Would we stay here again? "No." Taking into account the food and our concerns about security, it would not be our first choice, we would go back to Dream Castle.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank majh2
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Mrs majh2,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Sincerely yours,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel is located is a quiet and serene golf resort - an excellent retreat after a hard day with the kids at euro Disney. Check-in was swift despite the large number of arriving customers. The rooms are very spacious and convenient for storing Mickey Mouse takeaways. The restrooms are modern with Grohe fittings. Very convenient for Outlet shopping for the parents

Finally, the breakfast buffet was very well stocked but options on room service menu a bit limited.

Room Tip: Don't miss the regular shuttle to the Chic Outlet village
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Mr sgarba,

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Limbach, Slovakia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location near the Paris Disneyland, free shuttle service that operates between Disney Park and hotel (although often crowded, especially in the morning in the direction of Disneyland) and definitely large free parking area in front of the hotel.
Despite the hotel is large, due to its location in countryside and surrounded by greenery offers really untroubled stay. Room we stayed in was furnished relatively “scantily” and was spatially limited, especially if we were four persons (two adults and two children) – I would rate the room rather three stars than four. But for two nights stay it offered everything we needed. For longer stay I would prefer larger room.
Breakfast was served in American style and we found always something we might eat (especially my wife and daughter with some healthy limitations) but bigger variety of food (especially more local French products) would be certainly appreciated.
I would also appreciate indoor swimming pools, which we have used especially after hot summer day spent in Disneyland. And off course price per room and night was really reasonable, half of the price we paid for large hotel in Paris, Montparnasse.

1 Thank Ludo_Limbach
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Mr Ludo_Limbach,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with Shuttle and breakfast. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Front Office Manager and Food and Beverage, in order to improve our operations.

Aberdeen
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in a junior suite for 8 nights and had professional service. There is a shuttle bus between disney parks and the hotel at regular intervals. Addirional facilities like swimming pool and the golf course made this hotel stay suitable for the entire family.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Mr LeeWAberdeen,

Haarlem
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend in July 2014 with the family to visit Disneyland Paris.
The hotel choice couldn't have been better. After reading the reviews i just can't believe we are talking about the same hotel. The arrival was smooth and the personel and staff talks pretty good english and were very polite. My family got an upgrade for a junior suite which was great. The rooms were very clean, the beds fantastic, the breakfast was great and the aircon worked fine. Every night little amenities were placed in the room which the kids loved.
The hotel has a small wellness and pool which the kids loved, you can expect kids in the hotel as it is next to Disneyland. When walking in the Disneyparks all day it is such a relief staying in this hotel, i really would like to thank the hotel staff and personell for the great time we had and i will certailly stay here again when visiting Disney.
We did not use the Mini bus so i can't comment on that part, but it looked like it worked fine,
For all future guest: Please treat the staff and personel the same way as you would like to be treated.

1 Thank BobvanK
Dear Mr BobvanK,

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We booked two adjoining family rooms (for a baby, a seven year old and three adults) for our four-day stay. The rooms were ready for us on our arrival at around 4pm and there were no issues regarding space or cleanliness. Situated on the first floor I noted a significant amount of noise (the pitter patter of excited little feet which I fully accept is beyond the control of hotel staff; but also the regular and rather annoying sounds of furniture being moved across polished floors). Breakfast was a disappointment of mediocre (and cold) food and I can honestly say not one of the cups of coffee I had was hot. The language barrier was definitely an issue...particularly when it came to the comical experience of ordering room service. In fairness though, I found the hotel staff to be attentive and accommodating and felt that a genuine attempt was made to overcome the language difficulties. An issue that I am less forgiving of was the shuttle bus to Disney Parks. Despite being firmly advised that we had to book a bus in advance, we witnessed more than one driver being less assertive with other guests (one morning I counted 7 people being allowed to travel without tickets) and I can only assume that cattle have had less cramped journeys on their way to market. The lack of instruction (and an allocated bus stop!) further added to the hellish experience of having to scramble onto a bus with other guests after a stressful, hot day with young children, who no doubt like me were thinking, 'this is bringing out the worst in me'. This is the reason why I am unable to give a 4* rating to this hotel...staff, accommodation and food not an issue...but as for transport arrangements to the Disney Parks...Radisson Blu needs to go back to the drawing board.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Gemma N
Dear Mr Gemma N,

Sincerely yours,
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Lovely hotel. Big enough room for 2 adults a 3 year old and 15month old with plenty room still. Lovely clean hotel with excellent bar food. Lovely outdoor space and play park for children. Only downside was the shuttle bus to Disney park was ridiculously over filled to the point that people were pushing to get on and off resulting in a lady getting knocked off.

Would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Mrs Emma M,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the shuttle. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
#4 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!