“Brilliant!”
Review of Explorers Hotel

Explorers Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in late April, had a fantastic time. Hotel has brilliant facilities to suit everyone of all ages. Didn't use there pool or cinema but from what we seen anyone who did loved it. Provided a shuttle service to Disney land every few minutes. Rooms were basic and toilet was I a separate room to shower and hand basin little bit unusual but was only minor. Excellent staff that provided brilliant service considering the language barrier. Loved every minute of my stay would definatily recommend to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Rebecca900

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Omg!!!the hotel is sooo cute, its really a familly hotel. The hotel theme is fun and attractive for kids. The room was spacious, and clean. The hotel has big pool with fun slides, big breakfast area, and gift shop. The great thing about it has a bus that take us directly to disneyland, so we dont have to worry about transport. Would deffinetly go there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CristinaDoVale
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a great time. The rooms were basic but clean and the beds were really comfortable. The pool was great fun and we had read about the speedos before we arrived so my Husband bought swimming jammers which are longer but appropriate.
The shuttle service was easy and the hotel is the one stop from the park so really quick.
There is plenty of choice for breakfast and service is well organised.
All the staff were great. Nothing negative to say.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank LizBarr80
JordaneVernerie, Community Manager at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear LizBarr80,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your visit in the Explorers Hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great time with us, the entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Room condition was below expectation. We were given a room on the first floor which requires walking through the pool and restaurant area. There are plenty of beds in the family room-sleeps 6. The other reviewers are correct-you need snazzy speedos to swim in this hotel, which they will gladly sell. Kids €8-9. Adults €12.

Bathroom stains were atrocious. I will post photos if I can.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank ViajoMucho

Dear ViajoMucho,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your visit in the Explorers Hotel.

I am sorry to learn that the room wasn't up to your expectations, however you don't really explain what you didn't like about it. Feel free to contact me at marketing@explorershotels.com with further details as we would like to take your comments into account in order to improve our services where necessary.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in our newly refurbished rooms soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights to take our four children to Disneyland. I'll start with saying that the room was satisfactory, and only slightly tainted by the fact that we had the pleasure of paying 11 euros to watch shrek - it was only released in 2001. On our second night, we were relaxing after eating some pizza, when my ten year old daughter came running from the soft play with her four year old brother. To my horror, someone had used the softplay as a toilet, and there was poo smeared all over! I naturally went to alert the staff, but as there is no-one actually supervising the soft play, I went to the nearest hotel staff at the pizza bar. When I told the girl about the poo she said, "oh yes, we know about it - the soft play is closed" . I told her that it wasn't closed, indeed there were some forty children inside... her reply, "oh, we don't have a key to lock the door, I had put a chair in front of it. I'll go and put the chair back"...... in my stunned state, I took the children upstairs. The next morning, we were visiting Disneyland, and I foolishly thought that my silver thumb ring would be safer inside our locked hotel room, than on my finger in a bustling theme park with loop the loop rollercoaster's!! It would appear that one of the hotel's cleaning staff was taking the theme of pirate's a little too far, and added my ring to his/her swag bag!!! This left a very bad taste in my mouth. I informed Marcel at reception, and he sent cleaners up to the room to search for the ring, without success, I was told nothing more could be done.
Aside from these two unfortunate encounters, the food is mediocre, the drinks are expensive, and the pool is a riot, resembling a scene from a news report!! Don't stay here if you want your children to have an all round special experience. I'm only glad that I didn't stay for longer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank robertcambab
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Meager accommodations for an exorbitant price. We were placed in the first floor and it felt like the room was in the middle of a dungeon. The hallway was dark and we had to go through fire doors all the time. I was glad we only booked 2 nights but seriously, after one night, I was ready to go home. To top it off, I chose to book this hotel because of the pool. I have 4 boys and the pool looked so much fun! BUT, my all-american, board-shorts wearing boys were turned away. The french have ruled that board shorts do not comply with hygienic pool regulations and my boys were forced to wear speedos or not enter the pool at all. So yet again, we shelled out euros to buy NEW suits for all my kids. NOT HAPPY!!!!

One more tip, there is no A/C in the rooms so if you are looking to book in the summer months, be forewarned.

It was my fault for not consulting with Tripadvisor before I booked. So I am writing this review to warn/help out others who might be thinking about this hotel. Our experience was less than desirable. If you had a great time at your stay here, I am happy for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT of the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mom2xyz

Dear mom2xyz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review from your stay at the Explorers Hotel. Your opinion is valuable as we use your comments to adapt and improve our services.

I am sorry that your visit was not up to your expectations despite our best efforts to offer you the best possible.

According to the french regulations, beach shorts are not allowed in our pool due to hygiene reasons, which is clearly stated on our website. However we do have a vending machine at the swimming pool with speedos available for everyone so our guests still have the option to buy one of these if they don't have one. Once again, I am sorry if this information was not clear to you.

The entire team hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely for children with great indoor pool with slides etc.Big wooden ship outdoors and lovely grounds. Lovely choices for breakfast but not many choices for evening meal if you ve gone for half board option and you re staying for a week.... - but cheaper than eating in the hotel cafés or in Disney.Bedrooms are basic but good. Buses to Disney park run frequently and Explorers is one of the first pick ups and the first drop off on the way back. I ve stayed in Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Newport Bay and this hotel is as good.Too far to walk to Disneyparks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dianne5_12
JordaneVernerie, Community Manager at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Dianne5_12,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback after your visit at the Explorers hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you had a pleasant time with us. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back!

Jordane VERNERIE

Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
#11 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Explorers Hotel? Share your experiences!