“Group booking”
Review of Explorers Hotel

Explorers Hotel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I bought a group of 52 people and everyone loved there stay and service.kids loved it as there was loads to do for kids . they most enjoyed the pool . restaurants and gift shops all were good. I'm looking into booking another group for 2015.

3  Thank Fayzan
JordaneVernerie, Community Manager at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Fayzan,

Thank you very much for your positive review.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back!

Kind Regards,

Jordane Vernerie

Write a ReviewReviews (4,192)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had a problem on the second nite of stay where by the cleaner left water on the floor of the bathroom which my child slip on and bang her head. When I told reception about this problem they just laughed in our face. The rooms are very dirty the staff are rude and the food is disgusting. Do not book this hotel!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2014
5  Thank Josephb198722
JordaneVernerie, Sales and Marketing at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Josephb198722,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We use your feedback to show us where the service we provide could be improved.

We are shocked to read that you found our staff to be rude and for the way you felt the situation with your child had been handled. I would encourage you to contact the hotel directly (frontoffice@explorershotels.com) so that we can look further in to this incident with you. Customer service is our number one priority and we do not wish for any our customers to feel this way.

Thank you again for letting us know about your stay.

Best regards,

Adele RIDGWAY
Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Just come back, the hotel is great for kids with play areas, parks etc. They have a swimming pool there but got to wear speedo type bathers. Ok the rooms were a little dated and need modernisation but everywhere else in the hotel was fine. Breakfast was great excactly what you need. The number 54 pink shuttle bus picks you up right outside the front of the hotel. The only fault we had was lack of towels and how small they are. I would definately recommend this hotel. We ate from marcos pizza i think 17 euros for a meal deal and that was big enough for 3 of us to eat, and reasonable compared to everywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank teamedward1

Dear teamedward1,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience after your visit in the Explorers Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and that you had a nice time with us. Your comments are always welcome as we use them as a way to constantly improve the quality of our service.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

I had reservations about these type of Disney hotels that cater day in day out for families. My whole family was pleasantly surprised. Lovely clean communal areas, good plentiful breakfast, great pool, clean and fun. Excellent service from Patrick in the restaurant on my daughters birthday. I ordered a cake and he was very attentive, even emailed me a photo as I had forgotten my phone. Busy but to be expected in high season. Location was great we only every waited no more than 10 minutes to go to the parks , very near and quick. Didn't eat beyond breakfast so can't comment on the food. Great advice from the check out desk for our day trip to paris , didn't catch his name an English guy. All in all a great stay, have recommended already.

4  Thank koolkatz
JordaneVernerie, Community Manager at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear koolkatz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your visit in the Explorers Hotel.

I am delighted to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you had a great time for your daughter's birthday.

Your satisfaction is our priority so it's always rewarding to receive such positive comments.

The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four days. All I can say is my six year old daughter had so much fun! The facilities for kids are great and well maintained. The pool is open until 10pm. The kids can play in the indoor play area until they get exhausted. My daughter stayed up until midnight playing with her new friends! There is also an outdoor play area with a big ship which she also loved . Our room was spacious and it was cleaned daily. All the hotel staff were friendly, polite and efficient! I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MaryHelenai

Dear helenai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It's great to read that you had such a nice time with us enjoying our activities and good service from our staff.

The entire team looks forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed in a suite as we are a family of 6. The rooms are basic and are need of an update considering the price. Facilities for children are good but beware of the hidden extras! If you want a full English be prepared to pay an extra 4 euros!! Also be aware of the no board shorts in the swimming pool policy. Apparently these details are included in your booking although often found in the small (very small!!) print. When our 3 boys turned up in their perfectly acceptable swimming shorts we were told only tight fitting swimming trunks are permitted. If like us (and the rest if the guests using the pool) don't own a pair of speedos then conveniently there is a vending machine where you can purchase the correct swimwear for a small fee of 9 euro!!!!! When we complained about lack of prior warning and ridiculous policy we were told "we understand but we have a special deal with the vending company" which was obvious by the number of guests parading around the pool in vending machine swimming trunks making a nice little earner for the hotel and a rip off for the guests!!! Overall a good location and good for kids but let down by lack of value for money.

2  Thank Bc103

Dear Bc103,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback after your visit at the Explorers Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the facilities for children.

Regarding breakfast, we offer a large continental buffet with plenty of choice for our international guests. For those who would like a full cooked English breakfast, we have this option that costs 4€ extra indeed. I am sorry you felt this was overpriced.

Beach shorts are not accepted in our swimming pool according to the french hygiene regulation.

The entire team hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I went with 4 of my friends and stayed in a 6 person room. When we arrived, the room was dirty, the toilet did not work and the hotel manager would not allow us to open the room's window.

Entertainment - There are no shows or entertainment in the hotel at night, you can only go to the 4D cinema which only lasts for 5 minutes! (Entertainment - 2.5* / 5*)

Disney - My Disney experience was good as far as the hotel went, the free shuttle was a bit crowded but that's because the teachers decided to shove 50 of us into a full carriage, but otherwise the bus (shuttle) got us there & back in less than 15 minutes and we didn't have to wait longer than 30 minutes for a shuttle to come! (Disneyland - 4* / 5*, based on my group experience.)

Staff & Service - The staff were quite arrogant and in-patient towards me and my friends, even though we were polite & respectful to them. I seen them being nice to families, but not kids / teenagers!

Toilet - The toilet was broken when we entered the room and wasn't fixed until the day before departure. (Facilities - 2* / 5*)

Cleanliness - When we got into the room, the room was dirty, especially the bathroom which was full of moldy, brown water on the seals of the tiles. Apart from the room, the hotel was a clean environment to be in. (Cleanliness - 3* / 5*)

Room - The room was of a decent size with 2 opening windows which we were told off about. We were not allowed to open any of the 2 windows. (Room - 2* / 5*)

Food - The food in the hotel was excellent, there was a wide variety of selection, from ham to frog legs, snails to bread! (Food - 5* / 5*)

Pool - I did not use the pool due to the fact that you needed to wear speedos (AKA: budgie smugglers) to enter and I didn't want to be embarrassed in-front of 60 teenagers. Be sure to pack speedos. Also, the pool was advertised as "spacious" in the photograph, but in actual fact, the pool was tiny, not even a 25m pool! (Pool - 1* / 5*)

In summary, a 50/50 experience, I would recommend of you want to splash out on a re-furbished room, if you're not going to be in the hotel allot and you don't want to use the pool. Also, if you're travelling as a group of school kids, expect the staff to be arrogant to you, no matter how polite & patient you are towards them.

Overall - 3* / 5*

Room Tip: Go to the link provided and look under "How can you reserve your superior room?" They are...