“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel 7 days ago. I can honestly say this hotel is very good except for a couple of niggles which could be improved.
The rooms are very dingy with very dark furniture although very comfortable.
If in the hotel after 6 the bar menu is very limited -pizzas, before 6 a very good menu is
available in the bar, not everyone wants a 3 course buffet in the restaurant especially with young children. There is a very extensive room service menu, which is reasonable, which is available all evening, so why cannot this menu be ordered and eaten in the bar after 6. Cannot see the difference being delivered to bedrooms or the bar as it is before 6.
We had to eat it in our rooms sitting on the beds. Not ideal.
There is no where you can walk to from the hotel to eat if you do not want restaurant or eat on your bed. An answer would be appreciated as to why the room service menu cannot be ordered and then eaten in the bar area. Not everyone stays in the parks all evening.
Having said this the staff were all very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was fine
3 Thank linda w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Northumberland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family (2 adults, 1 child) stayed at the magic circus for 6 nights / 7 days during our visit to Disneyland Paris. Although the hotel is not perfect, there was nothing encountered that caused stress or spoilt our holiday (I would think you'd struggle to find perfection in almost any hotel and those who enjoy complaining will hunt out problems) we enjoyed our stay and it fitted in perfectly to our holiday.
Staff were all friendly and welcoming, the answered any and all questions and at times went out of their way to help or advise (we planned a day in Paris and were given really good advice about transport, ticket etc by a very friendly staff member.
There were some minor cosmetic details that could do with a repair (towel ring missing from the bathroom and some small areas of chipping, but honestly who really cares about silly little things liked this - you're not in Disneyland to look at the walls of your bedroom!! We did have an issue with the hot water on the third morning of our stay, this was swiftly dealt with when we reported it to reception and we were moved from a standard room to a suite for no extra cost. Can't fault the service, and again, a cool shower is not the end of the world and the hotel dealt with this quickly and rectified the problem immediately so we didn't encounter it again.
The rooms are comfortable & carry the circus theme on - our daughter loved the big top curtain around her bunk beds, and when we moved the suite was lovely, large and again comfortable.
Breakfast was delicious, a very wide variety of food to meet all tastes (everything from sausages and bacon to cold meats, fruit and of course French pastries). Even our picky daughter enjoyed a big breakfast every morning and it was more than enough to keep us going until mid-afternoon. Even during busy periods the wait for a table was 2 - 3 minutes maximum, but because the dining room is large there were very few times we needed to queue. We ate once at the bar (pizza and tex mex) which was reasonably priced, and once at the buffet style restaurant - the buffet food was fresh, well cooked and delicious, but very expensive - we ate there out of convenience as we wanted a meal before heading back to the park for Dreams later that evening.
Clean public areas and bedrooms, no issues with this at all bedrooms were cleaned daily.
Conveniently located close to the park, with frequent large buses for journeys to/form the parks. We travelled at all sorts of times (morning afternoon, evening and park close after Dreams) and never had an issue not being able to get onto the bus; however, occasionally it was very busy.
We would definitely recommend this hotel, particularly for families and would return ourselves if we decide to visit Disneyland Paris again.

2 Thank CloggingMummy
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

First of all, we know how expensive disney is, but the quality is usually fantastic, every detail is not missed, everything was done to make it as if you LIVE in the disney world. At least that was what I felt when I went to other disneylands.
We did not go to disneyland but stayed in this disney hotel because we wanted more time in paris.

LOCATION: this hotel is pretty far from the train station and disneyland but there are shuttles till midnight so it was alright (except they come less often than 15 mins, which was their scheduled incoming intervals). It is also very far from paris city center. The disneyland station is MLV(marne la vallee) messey, the end of line 'A' on the metro. It is in zone 5 and some metro map will not show it since it's very far out. And it takes around 45 mins to arrive at city centre.

SERVICE: For a disney hotel, and a 4 star hotel, the service is terrible. First of all, when we arrive to check in at 15:00, there were not any 'clean' rooms for us yet and we have to wait

FACILITIES: restaurant: buffet breakfast consist of few things that a teenage girl is able to try all the food in the 'buffet', tiny bar, swimming pool is so tiny

ROOM: kettle broken, no toilet amenities except for glass cups

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank taste-her-life
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Vienna House Magic Circus Paris, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear valued customer,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Magic Circus hotel for your recent holidays, and for having taken the time to write your detailed comments.

We are very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations during your stay with us, and we would sincerely like to apologize for the inconveniences caused.
The happenings you experienced with regards to the waiting time at ckeck/in as well as the broken kettle do not meet our usual standards, and have been shared with our employees in order to apply improvements for the future.

Dear valued guest, it would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel, in order to satisfy you and your family and to completely re-establish our image.

We of course remain at your disposal for any other questions or requests you might have.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC

Travellers are raving about these Magny-le-Hongre hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

In may 2014,I visit more country and stay more hotel in europe by car.This is was perfect one.I recommend for all,if you like leather seat in your room,very large bed,clean and large bathroom and of course unbelievable breakfast.Smile and warm reception staff,Thanks magic circus hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The room is ok (actually, my almost 4 years age doughter loved it) but a little small and nothing special.
The service is poor as you almost evrytime should wait for at least 5 minutes in line to get an information. The Reception personel is not very well prepared, they don't really know for sure anything you ask (I tried to book an airport shuttle and the guy from reception didn't know if I need a resevevation or not, he asked for the credit card and he told me it's already paid and I will receive the receipt by e-mail - and I didn't; next morning, nobody knew why he asked for my credit card or if it's already paid).
The real problem is that my Ipad was missing from the room...
I cheked out room 1416 on 26th of June and when I got home, in 27th, I realized that my Ipad was not in my luggage. I need to mention that everytime I leave a hotel room I check everywhere (even under the beds) and that was nothing there. I didn't realized when I was preparing my luggage that it was missing.
The truth is that every day of our 4 nights stay I found the Ipad in very strange places (under a suitcase, behind TV, so on) as I never take it with me (I used it only for a lullaby app for my daughter).
I'm not sorry for the Ipad, I'm sorry for the photos and special videos from my dd anniversaries....
I never tought that this could happen in a hotel in France

1 Thank AlinaHappy
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for your stay at the Magic Circus Hotel, and for having taken the time to write your comments, which have been taken very seriously.

We are very sorry that we could not fully meet your expectations regarding the mentioned lack of professionalism from our receptionists, and we would like to assure you that this does not at all meet our usual standards.
Your feedback has of course been shared with our employees in order to assure improvements for the future.

As to the missing Ipad from you room, please be assured that this occurrence is not up to our standards, and that this happening is an isolated case, as we attach great importance to the personal belongings of our customers.
However kindly note that as already explained to you personally, your I Pad has unfortunately not been retrieved in your room after your departure.
Furthermore we would like to point out that there is a free safe available in all of our hotel room, in order to give the possibility to our customers to put their valuables inside, and that we cannot be held responsible for forgotten items of our customers after their departure.

Dear valued guest, it would be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future, in order to reestablish the image of our hotel and to completely satisfy you and your family.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further questions you might have.

Yours sincerely

Goran TODOROVIC
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Sadly pathetic service, i called 20 odd times to the reception, no answer. Finally i walk 1km to the front desk and nobody really cares. My 1yr old dropped hot choc on the crib sheets, the room got cleaned the next morning except the baby crib and bunk bed! which was left as is without even neatening up. Im sorry but thats not acceptable, dirty sheets!

A little smile goes a long way. please improve your service to your guests and keep the magic of Disney real to foreigners.

1 Thank Naidoo0805
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

My stay in the hotel was a true disaster, we got robbed while we were out at Disney Land, a brand new Ipad air + YSL perfume were both stolen from my (closed) bag!!
And upon discovering this robbery which was round 11 pm, i addressed the front office who told me that there were no managers available at night in the hotel, and that i had to go to the police station to file this incident!, and they added that there will be a manager available in the hotel at 7.30 am so I can talk to about this incident.
I went to the police station and filled a report, and it's now in the hands of the French police.
As expected the following day, and i already mentioned earlier that i had an early plane and would have to leave the hotel at 8.30 am maximum, no managers showed up till that time, and the front office told me that there will be no manager available before 10 am!! which was totally contradicting their words the day before!!
Another complain i had concerning the housekeeping - else than the robbery case - which i forwarded too to the front office: no shower gel was available at room upon checking-in and even was not re-filled during my 3 nights stay! + no garbage basket in our bathroom (even when i put a normal plastic bag to be used as garbage - they took it away!) + i ordered a glass of milk at my 1st night stay and this glass was left in my room without being taken for my whole stay!!
Finally, i told the front desk before leaving to order me a BIG taxi to take me to the airport, and i found a normal one waiting for me then! Which caused me to wait for 20 more minutes to get another bigger one!

2 Thank Mohab S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

Been to Vienna House Magic Circus Paris? Share your experiences!