“EXCELLENT for Disneyland Paris without resort prices”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Brussels
“EXCELLENT for Disneyland Paris without resort prices”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Had a single (king-size) room booked at the last minute for myself and my daughter for a weekend at Disney. We arrived very late on Friday night, and were checked in very quickly (which I can see not always being the case). I wish we had arrived earlier as there were a TON of things for kids and grownups alike. This is not a romantic get away hotel, it is a family - games, ball pit, small carousel in the lobby. We were there only for Disney, so didn't see much of the other parts of the hotel unfortunately. Free parking for my car as I drove from Belgium.

The shuttle bus service was fantastic. Waited less than 5 minutes each morning at the hotel for a 5-8 minute direct bus ride to the Disneyland transport hub (buses, hotel shuttles, TGV, RER). Waited 10-15 minutes on returns. Saturday night return at end of closing show, we were able to get on the first large accordion bus back to the hotel. The bus stopped at ~4 hotels first, but was still about a 15 minute drive, so not bad at all. Esp. given the prices of the resort hotels.

Breakfast was fine, but if not there before 8-830 there might be a line to get seated.

The only benefit I can see to staying in the resort hotels is the 2 hrs extra morning access. But is this worth 100s of euros? Not to me...

Room was fine, empty bar fridge, no coffee/tea kettle. Clean, no bedbugs, no problems at all. Wifi only in lobby, but I managed a weak signal. This was a bit annoying as I left all cabled devices at home, since the hotel said they had free Wifi.

I would put at 3 stars, not 4.

I'd stay here again, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed 29 July 2012

this was my second choice, my first choice was fully booked. my 3 year old was so happy when he entered the hotel, straight away great games for the kids and where the bar is, which is great if you want to relax at the end of the day with a drink, you can still see your child playing. the room with double bed, for me was not a spacious as i expected.

prices of the food in the hotel was ridiculous, the breakfast was nice but the same everyday, couldn't do that for more that two days
only real bad thing, the cleaners left this hair in the sink!!!!

aside from that will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank michelle s
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The hotel was very clean, rooms were spacious, bunk beds for the kids, nice size bathroom. They offer a shuttle bus which runs every 20minutes to Disneyland parks. I wasn't in love with the lobby it reminded me of a carnival. The price was right, much cheaper than the Disneyland resort hotels. It came with a free breakfast that was ok. The pool was nice for the kids, beautiful grounds. I read a few bad reviews before I went but I didn't find anything wrong with this hotel. Friendly and helpful staff, great amenities in the bathroom, I found the entire hotel to be clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a view of the courtyard which was beautiful
2 Thank maxbeth
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Avoid this filthy place. The bedroom carpet was sticky with filth. The room and corridors stank. Four stars is ridiculous. 2 stars at best. Insufficient staff at desk insures you will wait a long time both at checkin and out. The Disney Parks do not open early. Best to get a proper hotel in Paris then take the train in the morning to get to EuroDisney, rather than staying at this place or the overpriced poorly rated Disney hotels.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Trip444

Travellers are raving about these Magny-le-Hongre hotels

Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Grandparents, parents and girls aged 13 and 11, arrived Sunday 22nd July after a very pleasant journey by Eurostar, from London. We had previously requested a disabled room but this had not been passed on to Reception. They were very helpful and changed our allocation to a very pleasant room, 1114. The rest of the family were in room 3073, with a good view of the lake. All beds were comfortable, clean and well thought out. On Monday morning I reported a broken hairdryer and it remained like this until we left on Wednesday morning, but hey ho, I didn't know I was getting one in the first place! Breakfasts were excellent, the family even enjoyed the scrambled egg, sausages and bacon that other reviewers have dissed. My only complaint is about other guests. I could not believe the theft, yes, theft of items to eat later. I saw adults and children filling empty bottles with milk and juice, great platefuls of say 20 sausages, greedy thieving people who make life worse for others. We ate in the restaurant on our last night, the buffet was not quite as good as expected, but quite varied, we all managed to find dishes to try, and enjoy, particularly my husband who loves fish. On previous nights we had eaten in the Excaliber bar, which was very pleasant indeed, informal friendly but efficient staff. I recommend the baggage service to those using the Disneyland Express. For a cost of 11E they hold and then transport your luggage to the station for collection 40 minutes before departure - and provide handwritten labels! I hope the hotel management consider a computer programme for this to save client wait time, less queues, and not so onerous for staff. The free computer access on the 2nd floor was another bonus. It really amused us to see the line of people using the free wifi for texting family and friends, that was always busy. The variety of arcade games, and swimming pool (v.small!) kept our girls happy, also the free shuttle bus worked very well, especially considering my mobility is impaired and used a walker. Have no fear, enjoy your trip.

Bolton
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I chose this hotel because it was four star and expected quality . I will say that the rooms were very well presented. Bunk beds and a large king size was excellent .
The tv was shocking for a family room, cartoons in French . Only a select amount of English speaking channels . But tv is only a small % of the holiday but should be sorted.

The staff at the hotel were honestly terrible, student types who could not speak English , yes French hotel but English should be used as everywhere else I have stayed, Disney should ensure this as it caused several problems.

I was pushed to book a meal for the next night when I checked in by offering a discount. Bit of a shady practice , they do this because it's expensive rubbish. Honestly eaten better in most other hotels I've stayed in with buffetts. Food was terrible and I was charged 15eur for two orange juices. Sorry dream castle but you cater for families and 7.50eur for an orange juice is simply wrong!

Breakfast was again not upto standard for a four star hotel. I'm sure the food is not ranked in the four stars. Staff were stupid and ignorant.

Pool was lovely and quaint.

Kids play was limited 2eur for everything you see was tedious , looks like they rely on the Disney park to provide the kids stuff but I feel they need to invest more in the kids playground , one frame is simply not good enough. Might win more people to stay longer and spend more.

Bar shuts at 1030 ??? Don't ask me why , was turned away

Location and trips to Disney were excellent , no problems at all.

Property was lovely , needs a massive outside pool if it wants people to stay during the day. We would have used it and spent by the pool.

1 Thank NKERNICK
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Jusat got back from 2 nights at The Dream Castle Hotel and WE LOVED IT ! Check in was easy and only took a matter of minutes, room was spacious and very clean, only downside was a broken hairdryer which they coould not fix but they did offer to move us to another room which we decined I was happy to have 2 bad hair days than have the hassle.
The free bus was great and we made full use of it, really close to the Disney Hotels without the extra price hike.
One other tip maybe it would be useful that has a fridge that is colder than 5 degrees as it was useful to have the firdge there but it wasn't cold enough to keep any food it, but that really is a minor point.
My daughter and I used the pool on the morning that we were leaving and had it to ourselves and botht eh pool and the changing rooms were really clean.
Breakfast was plentiful with good choice, even at 10.30.
Overall would definately use this hotel again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Explorers Hotel
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
B&B Hotel Disneyland Paris
#1 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre
Disney's Newport Bay Club

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!