Please please please don't stay at this hotel it will absolutely ruin your holiday!!!! It would have ruined our holiday if the parks hadn't been so magical.
We arrived with two suitcases and two rucksacks, queued for ages for reception then were told that check in wasn't until 3o'clock. It was 2:20 so we didn't have time to go to the park and then check in, so we just had to sit around for 40 minutes. The entrance/reception area stinks really badly of sickly air freshener and it's full of arcade games which DO NOT belong in a 4 star hotel! There is a kind of medieval theme which just mainly involves really cheap , fake looking suits of armour and a manikin of a king!?!?! You do not expect a 4 star hotel to be full of this rubbish. While we were waiting for check in, we went to have a look at the gym and the pool. The gym looked ok but I didn't use it (we tried to spend as little time at the hotel as possible, it was so bad) and the pool looked unclean and grotty. When we were allowed to check in, our room key had been previously broken, so we had to queue AGAIN for the manager to let us into our room. The room was acceptable, but nothing more. We had booked a room with two single beds, but the room we were given had a double bed and bunk beds. There were only two cups in the room, and they were disposable plastic cups ( not replaced throughout our whole stay ) and the only channels on the tv in English was bbc news. There was really loud air conditioning that kept us up all night.
On our first evening, we got back from the parks and had to queue AGAIN because of the problem with the key, then when we eventually got to our room ( by the way it was 11:30pm ) the lights didn't work, so we had to go BACK TO RECEPTION AND QUEUE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eventually it was all sorted, and we got into our room, just to be kept up all night by the roaring air conditioning. The shower was either scalding hot or freezing cold, and barely even a trickle, really hard to wash in.
There are doors which lead between the rooms, and we had to make sure it was locked the whole time because the people next door kept trying to get into our room?!?! The people next door were really noisy and we were woken up at 6:30 every morning by their screaming children, which did nothing to improve our moods. The queue for breakfast every morning stretched out of the restaurant, along the corridor ( full of arcade games ), up one flight of stairs, then up another. The breakfast was ok, no beans at the hot food though, only bacon, potatoes and 'poultry' sausages?!?! But overall breakfast was ok, wide range of food, vaguely edible.
Every 16 minutes there is a shuttle bus to the park, it picks up from all the other hotels before, so it goes straight to the parks. But this means that it is the ABSOLUTE LAST stop on the way back, when you are really exhausted and cold. After park closing time, there is an ENOOOOOURMOUS queue for the bus, about 30 people couldn't fit on after us, so they had to wait another 16 minutes late at night in the cold. You're lucky to get a seat on the bus.
All in all, PLEASE don't stay here if you want a nice stay at Disneyland Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MAGICAL WORLD OF FAMILY FUN Vienna House Dream Castle in Paris is like a magical world in beautiful French garden surrounds, designed in the style of a historic palace. See your children's eyes widen when the Dream Castle mascot pays them a visit. With its perfect location, right by Disneyland(R) Paris, this hotel is the ideal holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Superbreak UK, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Vienna House Dream Castle Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Dream Castle
- Dream Castle Disney
- Dream Castle Hotel Disneyland Paris
- Dream Castle Hotel Paris
- Dream Castle Hotel Disneyland Resort Paris
- Castle Dream Hotel
- Vienna House Dream Castle Paris Magny-Le-Hongre, France - Marne-La-Vallee