“Great location & rooms”

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Reviewed 24 May 2007

Great location, just a few minutes on a shuttle from the parks. Rooms are very spacious. Grounds are beautiful. Does not really look like a castle inside or out, more like a posh Travel Lodge.

The staff were helpful and polite, athough there was a mix up with our room, we were given a room which was already being used!! This did take 20 minutes or so to sort out, no big deal I suppose.

One piece of advice is to AVOID the evening buffett, we found it to be very poor. Raw chicken and a very strange selection of food. Breakfasts were a different story, they were excellent and could not be faulted.

l

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank haless2

Reviewed 22 May 2007

Just returned from the Dream Castle hotel and have to say was not disapointed! The reception area is a child's dream with a ball pool, carousel, sword in the stone and thrones to sit on. As two adults the magic of disneyland was not lost at all and we loved our stay. From the bus station you get the number 54 bus at the opposite side to the other named hotel bus shelters - something which took us some time to work out! The buses are free and run up to 12 at night which is great for a relaxing evening in the fun disney village. Only thing to watch for is the breakfast which can get very busy, luckily we arrived early and so did not have to wait in the Qs but many many others did. Hotel pool is very small and the jacuzzi was not working during our stay but still nice surroundings. One negative point is the trek into Paris which we had to do a few times to see the sights and it is quite a journey -about an hour. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel was fab and particularly good if you want to explore disneyland.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MsCocktail
Reviewed 22 May 2007

I can see my sister has already beaten me to doing a review and can only agree with everything she said.
We stayed in a room with a Queen Bed and a bunk bed. My daughter slept at the top even though it says 6 yrs upwards, she is one month off 5 and coped well with it. The beds are wider than average bunk beds so no risk of falling out.

The room and bathroom were clean and even though there were 3 adults and 1 child there were more than enough towels. Only complaint I think that my sis has not mentioned is that the quilt on the queen bed was not really big enough for the bed.

Breakfast more than enough to eat, ranging from cereals, fruit salad, cheese, meats, hot food, breads for toasting, croissants and pains and 4 types of juice to coffee and tea. We made sandwiches on day one and took them into the park with us. Just took croissants on day two. As really there are quite a few places to eat in the park.

The park itself - brilliant, my daughter loved it and I was just as excited as her to see all the characters and rides and parades. During the day there is the Letters parade and Candleabration parade, then at 4pm the Once upon a Dream Parade. This was brilliant. Only downside was that it took an hour to queue for a cuddle and pic with Minnie mouse. Get there early or take a chance.

Studio park was ok as sister says, not much to do there for us, but from next month there should be two new attractions and they were building the Tower of Terror (looks like a towering inferno type thing). We saw Elastigirl from Incredibles, and they had a parade too, where my daughter was excited that Pluto ruffled her hair.

The village is full of restaurants and places to shop. Prices not too bad apart from the cost of a costume....60 Euros for a dress was just too much. But we got some pens as little gifts and they were only 1.5Euros.

Planet Hollywood was great and was about 100 Euros for 4 of us plus a bottle of wine and round of drinks. (about £70 - cheaper than Hong Kong for two of us)

Definitely worth staying here, the shuttle buses are regular, No 54, and the trip isn't too long to the park.

Enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time just like us.

6  Thank Karlou
Reviewed 21 May 2007

Just arrived back from our stay at the Dream Castle, myself, my two little girls and their Godmother. We took the Disneyland shuttle bus from CDG airport which is 16 euros per adult and 13 per child over 3. We had to get the Pink shuttle bus from the bus station (Bus No 54) ( If you arrive at park closing time it would be easier and less crowded to get a taxi) On arrival at the Dream Castle we realised we had left two backpacks on the Airport shuttle bus which contained our passports and reservation paperwork! We informed the reception staff who telephoned the bus company immediately and checked us in regardless! ( It was 8.30 p.m.). A telephone call to our room the next morning at 9 am to let us know the bags were in reception complete! Excellent service.
The hotel and all the staff were fantastic, we ate in the restaurant twice and thoroughly enjoyed it a three course meal for four with drinks for the children a bottle of house white (v. good), & coffees cost approx £80. The menu varied between International, French and Caribbean cuisine. Breakfast was also very good with a continental theme hot and cold buffet, apple,grapefruit orange juice and mineral water, coffee, tea, fruit and green teas. It does get busy around 9, we never waited longer than 10 mins for a table. Take a travel kettle if you like a hot drink first or last thing.
There is a large supermarket at the designer shopping outlet ( Shuttle taxi return trip 5 euros per adult (Book from Concierge) So you can stock your fridge if req. The swimming pool is fine for children although a little cold but clean and well presented, there is a games room (token operated) for rainy days ( of which we had plenty) There is also a small Disney gift shop in the hotel and all prices are the same as in the parks and village. All in all the hotel was excellent, clean and comfortable. No need to pack a hairdryer there is one in the bathroom. We couldn't get on the pink shuttle bus this morning ( Packed out )and missed our connection for the Disney bus to the airport, we booked a taxi through the concierge which arrived within 5 mins and cost 70 euros. It was great no hassle no pushing or shoving and arrived in plenty of time for our flight nice and stress free!
In light of recent events I took the precaution of attaching a key ring with a webbing style fob attached on which I wrote my mobile no inc international code and "Mummy" on the back. My eldest child did wander off on our last day in the park whilst we were browsing in a gift shop! Fortunately a lady took her to the lost children's area where the cast member on duty saw and rang my mobile no. He congratulated me on the idea of the key fob and I thanked my lucky stars that my daughter was found and taken care of by a kind lady I'll never be able to thank!
For more info and tips on the hotel, parks and other restaurants

6  Thank Cartenoir
Reviewed 19 May 2007

Myself, My Mum, Sister and Her 4 yr old daughter flew into CDG and straight away there was a bus outside going to the hotels. This cost 61 Euro for the 4 of us. It took about 50 minutes to get there and on arrival we were really pleased with what we saw.

The Lobby is huge (this is now non smoking but you can smoke outside) There are a few rides for youngsters at a cost of 2 Euro each and a free ball pool.

We checked in really quickly and were given 3 key cards, one for each of us adults.

I have no complaints at all about the hotel, the breakfast was plentiful, with a choice of cereals, continental and hot food. So more than plenty to eat.

There was a downside..... try not to change too much travellers cheques in one go as this seemed to be a problem, although there is an exchange machine in the lobby to change various different currencies, although I didn't use this I can't say how much you can change in one go. The staff were friendly and helpful and are dressed up in period costume which was nice to see.

We didn't find the pool as we didn't have enough time and 'Excalibers' bar is nice and relaxing. A bit pricey though as half a lager costs 4 Euro.

We chose not to eat in the resturaunt, but the prices there are 28 euro per adult and 14 for kids, little ones under 3 eat free.

A little about the parks.....

Disneyland park was as I remembered it with just one or two new rides... Go on 'honey I shrunk the audience' that was fantastic. The parade was great, as theyalways are.

Walt Disney Studios ..... This park isn't quite finished yet and is pretty small, I think once it's all done it will be great.

Disney village..... We ate at McDonalds on our first night and the prices were as you would expect to pay here in the UK. Our 2nd night we ate at Planet Hollywood, the staff were all friendly and the prices were average.. I thought drinks were pretty expensive though. Not sure on the food prices as my sister paid for us all. Our 3rd night we went to cafe Mickey and we were a little disapointed with the staff and food. We only had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated which was good and already there were 3 charcters there, Minnie, Captain Hook and eyore. Half an hour later Micky, Jess (from toystory) and Tigger came out. We were already eating by this point so most of our food got cold. I wasn't impressed with the food but if you want a guaranteed chance of photo's with the characters then this is the place for you. They visit every table and spend plenty of time with the kids and adults alike. For 3 main courses a kids pizza and 4 drinks it cost my Mum 107 euro, which I thought was a bit much, so thanks Mum! It seems new characters come out every half hour or so.

Even though the weather was a bit off, we all had a great time and I would reccomend the Dream castle as it's a lovely friendly hotel, clean and fairly spacious, and the food that we ate there was lovely.

5  Thank Ladyh
Reviewed 9 May 2007

Just returned and have to say this hotel was very good.
We booked a room with two large queen size beds with lake\garden view and got a very good rate through the hotels own website.
Room and bathroom were spotless and a decent size. Only two towels initially but a request for more was met within 10 minutes.
Staff at front desk were very helpfull and rang around a number of restaurants for us in Paris to make reservations.
Breakfast is very busy between 9 and 10 but dishes were refilled quickly and there was plenty of choice.
Dinner in the buffet was less successful but the cold meats\salads etc were good and also the desserts.
Bar is expensive but the terrace is a lovely place to sit and unwind over a glass of wine after a hectic day in Disney!
Swimming pool is small but around it is very slippery. One little girl had a nasty fall while we were there. The floor in the changing room could do with some work and more regular cleaning so bring your flipflops.
No problems with transport to\from Disney with last bus at midnight.

3  Thank jcs123
Reviewed 7 May 2007

we have just returned from a 3 night stay at dream castle hotel,
the hotel is magnificent all round from staff ,bar ,restaurant to pool .
breakfast is lovely apart from sausages and beans very thing else excellant
Bedroom was lovely and comfortable, safe and fridge very handy .
No complaints over all looked to be the nicest hotel in the area

2  Thank Elaine H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magny-le-Hongre
Vienna House Magic Circus Paris
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
Hotel Kyriad Paris Disneyland
#6 of 8 in Magny-le-Hongre

Been to Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your experiences!