“Lovely Hotel”
Review of Fota Island Resort

Fota Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fota Island
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We recently enjoyed a one night stay in Fota Island Hotel. Check in was fast with welcoming and friendly staff. We thoroughly enjoyed the Spa. Bedroom was clean and comfortable with beautiful bathroom and shower.

The only disappointment was the food at Dinner,both our main courses were cold, this could have been as a result of a wedding in the Hotel catering for 300 people however it is not acceptable for a 5 star Hotel. Breakfast was lovely with a huge choice of hot and cold food.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we love to hear our guest’s feedback as we take great pride in our service.

I am delighted to hear you experienced such a warm welcome. Our staff take great pleasure in ensuring our guests are well looked after and made feel utterly welcome.

Our spa treatments are luxurious and I am delighted that you got to spend time there to unwind and be pampered.

I am disappointed to hear about your dinner. Here are Fota we strive to deliver a fine dining experience. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the Restaurant team to make sure that the highest standards we offer are maintained at all times in the future.

We hope to welcome you back to Fota Island Resort in the not to near future.

John O’ Flynn

Write a ReviewReviews (2,327)

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We had a lovely night in Fota, the atmosphere in the hotel is fantastic, the food is lovely, the rooms are very big and the bath & shower are huge! The setting is perfect for a walk or for going to Cork city or to the sea! The spa is expensive but it is worth it!

1  Thank michelle c

Thank you for taking the time to review Fota Island Resort. We are delighted to read that your five star getaway was fantastic.

Our staff excel in taking care of every detail for our guests and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the warm welcome at Fota Island resort.

It is wonderful to hear that you took the time to stroll around the striking grounds and totally indulge in the tranquil atmosphere here at Fota Island Resort.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Recently stayed at the hotel and would say that it is more a 4 star than a 5. The leisure facilities are very good and the staff are friendly and try to help. The location is lovely and nearby is fota wildlife park. We ordered room service on two nights and on the first it was very good, food well presented, tasted great. Unfortunately on the second night we had to ring after an hour to inquire about the food, it arrived 15 minutes later but not in good shape. When I mentioned it on checkout I was asked was a reason given for the delay, no apology just any reason given. The room has a thermostat but no instructions on how to use it, it was not a simple up / down on temperature. Overall a good trip but would consider other hotels in the future.

Overall a good experience but

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the leisure facilities at Fota Island Resort. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the luxury and comfort of our hydrotherapy pool and that you had time to avail of the luxurious spa treatments.

We strive to provide the highest quality dining service to all of our guests at all times. I will pass on the information to the relevant departments to ensure this is avoided in the future.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here as a family for 2 nights last week and it was very pleasant. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel common areas are lovely. Food was great and my only complaint was that the fruit at breakfast time wasn't as fresh as it could have been. The rooms are not 5 star by my rating but the bathrooms are huge and very well done. Altogether a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank littleboo77

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we love to hear our guest’s feedback as we take great pride in the service we provide.

I am glad you enjoyed the dining experience here at the hotel. We offer delicious cuisine at our hotel of the finest quality.

I regret that you were not completely satisfied with some aspects of your breakfast. We like to ensure that all aspects of our menus are of the highest quality at all times. I will most definitely pass on your comments to the restaurant to ensure that the utmost quality is preserved at all times.

I am very pleased that you got time to unwind and relax at Fota Island Resort and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

John O’Flynn.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here for one night with my mom and 2 sisters. We all had spa treatments and had a lovely day. Rebecca gave me a facial which was fantastic!! We got ready and went down to the bar area. There was a fantastic welcoming fire and we sat at it and ordered drinks. We were asked if we wanted menus and we said yes so we were given one for the bar and another for the restaurant. We were starving and the restaurant didn't open till 6 so we decided to have a plate of pickies to keep us going. We should have just ordered 4 and left it at that! My sisters n I had starters which were lovely. Beef cheek ravioli was fab. Wood pigeon which my sister said was lovely. Then came the mains. I had venison as did one of my sisters my mom and other sister had cod and shellfish. When the cod dishes came out my mom said hers was stone cold my sisters was Luke warm but she picked away at it. My mom asked for it to be heated again which didn't go down too well but it was taken away and brought back again . The waiter came over and asked was it ok and at that stage she had tasted the top of it and said yes. Unfortunately this is where she made the mistake she should have just sent it back and got something else. They were not one bit happy with it and at a cost of €28.85 it should have been of a higher standard!! When we got the bill we did complain and said it was unaccepatable for a 5 * to let two dinners of that poor quality leave the kitchen. The waiter said he was sorry and didn't charge for the cod. There was only the 4 of us, a couple and one other man in the restaurant at the time so the chef really had no pressure on him I would hate to be there when he has a full restaurant !!! Such a shame as we had a great day up until that. Overall the day was lovely it was just let down by the food.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dancingnora
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

I would like to thank you for giving us feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you availed of our Spa facilities and you found them to be “fantastic”. I will pass on your kind words to Rebecca.

However, I am saddened that part of your dining experience did not live up to your expectations. Our chefs prepare each dish to be of a high standard, as you experienced with the two starters. I apologise for the incident with the cod dish and I have passed on your feedback to the appropriate department. We take customer feedback very seriously and we learn from our mistakes in order to improve our services. I am glad though the waiter could help you with your complaint on the spot. We have tried to contact you personally to discuss your feedback.

Kind regards,
John O’Flynn

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I recently spent 15 days at the Fota Island Resort (Hotel) and I can not say enough great things about it - the people there are absolutely outstanding and always willing to help you out no matter what (Trish, John, Ian, Sean, etc). I had my wife join me during the last 4 days of my business trip so we could celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary together - the hotel arranged transporation to a nice restaurant in Cork City for us and bought us a pre-dinner cocktail in their lounge before we left for dinner. The restaurants in their hotel are great and the 'pub' down by the golf course is also a great place to eat as well. Exceptional service - I highly recommend you stay there.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice - I had a room with two beds, one room with a king, and also spent a few days...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking to time to review our hotel, we are so welcoming of our guests feedback.

Congratulations on your recent Wedding Anniversary, we are thrilled you got to enjoy such a special event at our hotel.

Our staff strive to make our guests feel welcome and to look after you in every way. It is fantastic to hear that you experienced this wonderful hospitality here and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to them.

Our dining experience is exceptional and we take great pride in our delicious offerings. It is wonderful to hear that you sampled the fantastic food we offer at our very popular clubhouse during your stay with us.

We take great pleasure in your fantastic review and we look forward to offering you a warm welcome again in the future at Fota Island Resort.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last weekend with my wife for our anniversary. Beautiful resort ! We were greeted at the door and escorted to reception and checkin was pleasant and bags were taken to our room.

Our room was spacious and modern with a magnificent bathroom with bath and shower ! A little disappointed the minibar was not stocked ! But only a small thing !

We had a cocktail in the bar before dinner which was well prepared and good value. It was a lively bar which served both food and drinks.

There was a lot of choice for dinner with a bar restaurant and gold club. We went to the golf club and were offered complimentary transportation but we walked the 3 minute walk . The staff here were friendly and helpful and the god was good and reasonably prices and we had a lovely time.

There is a wonderful spa and hydrotherapy poor and anyone who fancies golf a number of courses and a zoo near by also.

Wonderful stay and looking forward to my next visit.

Warm and pleasant resort in a nutshell

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, your comments mean a lot to us.

Congratulations on your recent Wedding anniversary, we are delighted that you got to celebrate such a special event at Fota Island Resort.

I am delighted you both got to sample our fine cuisine. We offer a fine selection of delicious foods both in the hotel and at our ever popular clubhouse.

We take great pleasure in offering a relaxing ambiance at our hotel, allowing you to unwind and enjoy your break. Our relaxing and luxurious hydrotherapy pool is without a doubt a haven for such relaxation and I am glad to hear you got to enjoy it.

I will pass on your welcoming experience to our staff as they continuously strive to warmly welcome you and facilitate any requirements, at all times.

John O’Flynn.

Centre
The River Lee
The River Lee
#2 of 23 in Cork

Been to Fota Island Resort? Share your experiences!