Fota Island Resort
US$114
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$188
Fitzgerald's Vienna Woods Hotel(Glanmire)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$112
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
2,408 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodthe main hotelspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomsteam roomtop classrelaxing break
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room spectacular, wonderful bath facilities. Very modern yet tranquil. Beautiful setting, courteous staff, delicious breakfast. Would definitely visit with this resort again. Restful. The grounds are stunning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishBulldogLOL
fotaisland01, Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that you chose to spend your time at Fota Island Resort and thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you were able to experience the luxury stay we strive to provide all our guests with.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in Fota Island Resort for 2 nights in Feb. I absolutely loved the hotel and its location.
The staff could not have been more welcoming and everyone from reception staff to room cleaners did everyting possible to make our stay pleasant. Nothing is too much trouble.

Dinner in the bar was great but the following night dinner in the restaurant was amazing.
Breakfast can be daunting, as there is so much to choose from. I had poached hake and the following morning kippers with poached eggs. The fresh fruit was plentiful and all breakfast specials are cooked to order.
There are some lovely walks on the island and we duly walked off breakfast on one of the marked walks. The spa is wonderful and I particulatly loved the walking river.

The jazz band in the bar on Saturday night just completed a wonderful weekend. I will be back and have booked already.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hwgwlu

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have greatly enjoyed their dining experiences at the Resort. I am glad that you found your dinner at The Fota Restaurant to be amazing. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Spa. I am glad that you found our facility to be wonderful. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on special deal coupon which was one hundred and twenty nine euros for B&B for two. Firstly, I must praise reservations staff for allowing me change my booking date. They were most helpful. Resort is in a lovely location with beautifully kept grounds. Welcome at reception was very friendly and efficient.The twin room was nice but not outstanding for a five star hotel. The bathroom was really nice, however and very spacious. I availed of the complimentary visit to the thermal suite and hydrotherapy pool. This is a lovely facility .The relaxation room was heavenly. I was too late to book treatments and no appointments were available fof the next day either.We spent some time in Fota Wildlife Park which is nearby and that is well worth a visit. We decided to dine in the bar and we were a bit disappointed with bar food menu and service. We are both vegetarian and there was very poor choice on the menu for us. We checked the restaurant menu but that was no better. My companion had a salad with cheese and I had vegetable soup followed by potsto and vegetables. The soup was far too salty and the texture gloopy. The mashed potato was cold. We waited thirty five minutes to be served and despite asking for a jug of iced water three times, we still ended up with two glasses of water after a thirty minutd wait. I didnt eat my meal and donated my veg to my companion so I was quite hungry . My complaint was dealt with by the restaurant manager but we were left waiting for him for another twenty five minutes. However, he was most courteous and apologetic when he got to us and said that it was a very busy night for staff. Because he was so genuine and mannerly in his apology and I wasn't charged for what I couldnt eat, I felt the situation was rectified to the best of his ability. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet so we slept well. There was a reasonably good choice for breakfast . Breakfast cereals in their little boxes is not the little touch you might get in a five star establishment and I have had much nicer dining experiences in many four star hotels. However, the overall visit was a pleasant and enjoyable one . If the menu had more variety and the food was more palatable I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am glad that our staff were able to accommodate you in changing your date. No request is too big or too small for our guests. I am glad that you were able to avail of the spa facilities and that you were able to use the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool, which are extremely popular facilities at The Resort. I apologise that you were inconvenienced during your evening meal and I understand that our Restaurant Manager dealt with your issue with great care and proficiency to your satisfaction. I hope that you will return again to experience another pleasant stay at Fota Island Resort.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Reception: extremely efficient and friendly, staff we'll mannered and well presented. We were advised that breakfast was only served until 9 which was incorrect as it was served till 10 but we weren't that bothered by that.

Room: we got a standard room which was nice and spacious, bathroom was impressive, no problems with the room and housekeeping were excellent.

Spa: I had three treatments done, the tranquility pool that you can use beforehand is a must and I recommend you go down an hour before to take full advantage. My first two treatments were a body wrap and massage which were amazing and I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting. I also had a pedicure which was quite disappointing as they don't have the professional chairs for it and my nail varnish was quickly ruined by the hotel slippers they recommended I wear, when I broached this subject with spa reception I was met with a very poor service which was quickly rectified by the spa manager so I couldn't fault them for that.

Restaurant: we had dinner in the restaurant on our second night and the food and service were definitely 5 star, the waitress couldn't have been nicer and the food was divine, definitely a winner and we were sorry we didn't eat there both nights.

Grounds: the grounds of the complex are fabulous and the hotel give out maps to some lovely walks and everything is extremely well kept.

All in all a great stay, we will definitely return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding your check in; it is our aim to make sure that our guests receive a quick and easy check in to ensure a relaxed visit from start to finish. It is a pleasure to hear that you availed of the wonderful treatments we have to offer our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed them; however I am sorry that you were inconvenienced during your pedicure. I am confident that our Spa Manager resolved the issue to your satisfaction. I hope you will return again to enjoy the wonderful facilities and services we have to offer our guests.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is very beautiful hotel with frendly staff. Restaurant is nice. Very relaxing atmosphere. Rooms are modern and big. SPA is amaizing. Would defenetly recommend and go back for SPA treatments. Relaxation room is lovely and pool is very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Inna K
fotaisland01, Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Fota island Resort. I am delighted that you were able to avail of the many Spa treatments we have to offer. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our restaurant and staff. I hope that you will return again in the future.