Fota Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
2,385 results
All reviewswildlife parkhydrotherapy suitegolf clubhydro poolafternoon teacove restaurantspa areacork citybar foodthe main hotelspa treatmentswalk in showerdeluxe roomrelaxation roomsteam roomtop classrelaxing break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed in in one of the courtyard lodges. The house was lovely. Great kitchen with high quality fixtures and fittings. The bedrooms were a good size and quiet. You get use of the hotel facilities which are excellent. Food was good. Breakfast was very good which a great selection of hot and cold.
The spa was excellent and pool open to children at certain times of the day. Overall a fantastic place for the family. You can enjoy the freedom of a house with the hotel facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Caterham101
fotaisland01, Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that your stay at the lodges exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the freedom of a house with hotel facilities. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the Spa facilities, which we frequently receive a great deal of praise. It is always pleasing to have families stay at The Resort as we pride ourselves on being a family friendly resort that caters to all ages. I look forward to your return visit in the hopes that you can again experience that wonderful time you spent at Fota Island Resort.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We had a midweek break in Nov 2013 and wanted a quiet location for a relaxing break. Fota is in a lovely location and the staff were very welcoming.

The communal areas of the hotel are immaculate but I though the rooms were a little tired and in need of fresh paint etc. It was clear that the hotel was emerging from a difficult time.

We dined exclusively in the hotel so had dinner in restaurant, lunch in bar and breakfasts. The good was very good.

We tried out the spa facilities although I was not happy with how the staff treated me when I tried to have a treatment. My "condition" was that I was in the 1st trimester of pregnancy so I could only use the pool (that's fairly standard in all hotels so ok) and the only treatment I could have was a file and polish. I can understand that the management need to be careful as people can be litigious however it was the way it was explained and while I was waiting to have the file and polish I was told to sign a waiver to say that I was having this done at my own risk. It made me feel very uneasy and was not a pleasant experience as a result. Management and staff take note, pregnancy is not an illness and parents to be are often anxious enough without others adding to that. Make you policy clear in advance and then you will avoid this in future.

The break was fine but I would not rush back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jibberjabber

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am happy that you were pleased with your accommodation. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff at The Resort. We like to ensure that all staff provide a five star service from the moment our guests enter The Resort until the moment they leave. In regard to your comments about your Spa experience, I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by this. I have forwarded your comments onto our Spa Management and please be ensured that these matters are taken seriously. I hope you will return again to see that your comments have been taken on board.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room spectacular, wonderful bath facilities. Very modern yet tranquil. Beautiful setting, courteous staff, delicious breakfast. Would definitely visit with this resort again. Restful. The grounds are stunning.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IrishBulldogLOL

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that you chose to spend your time at Fota Island Resort and thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you were able to experience the luxury stay we strive to provide all our guests with.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed in Fota Island Resort for 2 nights in Feb. I absolutely loved the hotel and its location.
The staff could not have been more welcoming and everyone from reception staff to room cleaners did everyting possible to make our stay pleasant. Nothing is too much trouble.

Dinner in the bar was great but the following night dinner in the restaurant was amazing.
Breakfast can be daunting, as there is so much to choose from. I had poached hake and the following morning kippers with poached eggs. The fresh fruit was plentiful and all breakfast specials are cooked to order.
There are some lovely walks on the island and we duly walked off breakfast on one of the marked walks. The spa is wonderful and I particulatly loved the walking river.

The jazz band in the bar on Saturday night just completed a wonderful weekend. I will be back and have booked already.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hwgwlu

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests have greatly enjoyed their dining experiences at the Resort. I am glad that you found your dinner at The Fota Restaurant to be amazing. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the Spa. I am glad that you found our facility to be wonderful. I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on special deal coupon which was one hundred and twenty nine euros for B&B for two. Firstly, I must praise reservations staff for allowing me change my booking date. They were most helpful. Resort is in a lovely location with beautifully kept grounds. Welcome at reception was very friendly and efficient.The twin room was nice but not outstanding for a five star hotel. The bathroom was really nice, however and very spacious. I availed of the complimentary visit to the thermal suite and hydrotherapy pool. This is a lovely facility .The relaxation room was heavenly. I was too late to book treatments and no appointments were available fof the next day either.We spent some time in Fota Wildlife Park which is nearby and that is well worth a visit. We decided to dine in the bar and we were a bit disappointed with bar food menu and service. We are both vegetarian and there was very poor choice on the menu for us. We checked the restaurant menu but that was no better. My companion had a salad with cheese and I had vegetable soup followed by potsto and vegetables. The soup was far too salty and the texture gloopy. The mashed potato was cold. We waited thirty five minutes to be served and despite asking for a jug of iced water three times, we still ended up with two glasses of water after a thirty minutd wait. I didnt eat my meal and donated my veg to my companion so I was quite hungry . My complaint was dealt with by the restaurant manager but we were left waiting for him for another twenty five minutes. However, he was most courteous and apologetic when he got to us and said that it was a very busy night for staff. Because he was so genuine and mannerly in his apology and I wasn't charged for what I couldnt eat, I felt the situation was rectified to the best of his ability. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet so we slept well. There was a reasonably good choice for breakfast . Breakfast cereals in their little boxes is not the little touch you might get in a five star establishment and I have had much nicer dining experiences in many four star hotels. However, the overall visit was a pleasant and enjoyable one . If the menu had more variety and the food was more palatable I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you very much for your review of Fota Island Resort. I am glad that our staff were able to accommodate you in changing your date. No request is too big or too small for our guests. I am glad that you were able to avail of the spa facilities and that you were able to use the Thermal Suite and Hydrotherapy Pool, which are extremely popular facilities at The Resort. I apologise that you were inconvenienced during your evening meal and I understand that our Restaurant Manager dealt with your issue with great care and proficiency to your satisfaction. I hope that you will return again to experience another pleasant stay at Fota Island Resort.