“Rustington Manor Hotel & Restrauant”

Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rustington
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I arranged a lunch for five couples at the Lodwick’s Restaurant which is part of the Rusting Manor Hotel. Although we were all relatively local, none of us had actually eaten here before.

We came away quite impressed. The whole experience was most enjoyable, and proves you don’t need a big name, ( and big prices) to ensure you have good quality and service.

In hindsight, when you think, the chef in the kitchen is suddenly given ten starters and ten main course orders, it’s then his job to prepare these so all starters can be served together, and the same with the main course. I noticed when we were served, none of us had to wait to start to ensure everyone was served. Our complements to the chef!.

Supporting the chef were our two waiters, Tara and Jorden, who throughout the afternoon looked after us with quiet efficiency. (In addition to another group of twelve plus 3 or 4 individual tables.

Of course, none of this is of use without the food being up to standard, which it certainly was. With around eight starter and a similar amount of main course there is something for everyone, plus some delicious desserts to finish.

The location of Rustington Manor is ideal, being five minutes from the main shopping area in one direction, and five minutes to the sea in the other direction.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is my first review I am probably the fussiest eater ever. Having tried most of the restraunts in the local area my wife booked lunch at the Rustington Manor for my 65th birthday, after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor I was tempted to cancel the booking, thank heaven I didn't. The food was out of this world the staff were first class the restraunt was imaculate with the most comfortable seats I have had in any restaurant all this in a very relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. i will definatley be returning on a regular basis. Don't believe any of the bad reviews they can't possibley be genuine.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueeyes5
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We ate there Saturday night, it would have been nice to have had the option to have a drink in the bar first and the state of the table left a lot to be desired ( badly scratched and paper napkins!) a nice white linen table cloth would have made a world of difference. The menu was extensive, it was a mixture of "restaurant" food and "pub" grub which was a bit strange. The pate to start was disappointing but the steak and kidney pud was fantastic, the portions were so large we couldn't manage a dessert which was a shame but our fault for being gluttons!
The service was superb, the young man who served us couldn't have been more friendly, polite and efficient. The prices were average about £25 for three courses and I'm sure we'll go again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We booked for our 20th Wedding Anniversary for Saturday 29th October. This is a review of our experience in comparison to previous visits.
We arrived 20 mins early and were asked if we would like to go directly to our table. On previous occasions we were asked if we would like to have a drink in the bar first and peruse the menus. We asked to do this on Saturday. On previous visits [I am not sure if this was when the hotel was under different ownership?] we were also given delicious nibbles to sample whilst looking at the menu and we were looking forward to this on Saturday but it didn't happen. My husband had explained when making the reservation that it was our anniversary and we would like a nice romantic table. We were placed in a corner - but it was quite brightly lit. [Candles would also have been nicer than tea-lights I think]. None of the staff made mention of our anniversary which would have been a nice touch. When eating an A La Carte dinner at a 4* Hotel I expect more than to be seated at a wooden, 'undressed', stained table with paper Napkins! no table cloth?? - quite a bit oversight surely? That was a bit of a let down.
Credit where credit is due, the food was very good and the service friendly and helpful. However, the small touches I mentioned [which were missing on this occassion] are very important and did have a detrimental affect on our evening - particularly as we have experienced them at this hotel before.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peaky2
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Having read the rave reviews of Lodwick's we booked to take my sister and an old friend there for lunch. It was embarrassing. The service was appalling and the food was worse. We would never chose to go there again. My prawn salad was drenched in salad cream, my sister said her duck pate was the worst food she had ever eaten, and my friend's curry was a disappointment as well. My husband did not complain about his ham salad, but there is not much that can go wrong with that.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet W
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Last Monday 20 August my wife and I had dinner with my Brother and law and family, prior to our return to Canada the following day. The venue offers friendly and efficient service coupled with great value, a three course meal for GBP15.99 Everyone enjoyed their meal and the wine selection and I would not hesitate to recommend the venice to friends who may be visiting the area.Ken and Bob thank you for making or last meal in the Uk for this holiday a memorable occasion. look forward to seeing you on our next visit.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed overnight here as we had a family wedding at the hotel. We were welcomed by very friendly staff, the service was good and they could not do enough for us. Bob and Ken are wonderful hosts.
The food was lovely and plentiful, especially the evening buffet.

Our room was small but had all the facilities that we required including bathrobes and slippers which were a really nice touch.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rustington
Angmering Manor
#4 of 10 in Worthing
Norfolk Arms Hotel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
#2 of 7 in Arundel

Been to Rustington Manor Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!