“A wonderful experience!”

Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in M'Hamid
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had an excellent 2 day 1 night trip with Sahara Services. It was an amazing experience! Our trip started in Marrakech (we got picked up from our Riad). It was well organized and we had an excellent driver. On our way I could take lots of beautiful pictures, especially the view while crossing Atlas Mountains was impressive. During our journey -before we arrived in the desert- we had a stop in Ait Benhaddou and had dinner in a good restaurant with a beautiful view and ambience and all... And then we arrived at desert (near hotel kasbah from sahara services): During the whole journey the landscapes were all beautiful but this has been one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in my life. It was a unique expierience with riding dromedaries, wonderful dunes and waking up in the desert, watching the sun rise and all.. The people were very kind and we could just enjoy beeing in Morocco. This trip was just amazing and I would highly recommend it to everyone who intends to travel to Morocco. I enjoyed every single moment of it.

2  Thank LaLa B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked the 3 night 4 day trip with my girlfriend from Marrakech and it made our holiday into an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life!
We were picked up from our Riad by Khalid who then took us to a very modern and comfortable 4x4 which was probably the only car in Marrakech without a dent..We were then driven through some of the most spectacular scenery I've ever seen, stopping at the odd cafe or view point to take it all in. We then stayed in Sahara Services hotel in M'Hamid which was far nicer than I was expecting with hot showers, a swimming pool and right on the doorstep of the desert. Everyone there was lovely and treated us well, specially Radwan, a kid working there who was hilarious!
From M'hamid we visited two desert camps, both amazing, again more comfortable than I was expecting. The first was reached by about and hours camel trek through dunes and bush which was a great experience and we loved the guys working in the first camp. Great sense of humour and also introduced us to desert hockey played with sticks and a homemade ball, brilliant! The day was rounded off with a lovely dinner and then hilarious riddles told in Franglais by Rashid by the fire under the stars.
The second was at Erg Chagaga, reached by a difficult but fun off road drive stopping in a beautiful little oasis. Erg Chegaga was mind blowing, beautiful dunes as far as you could see..It was one of the most spectacular and the quietest places I have ever been to and I only wished we could've stayed longer. The food was great and much to the relief of my vegetarian girlfriend who was about to burst into tears at the sight of another boiled carrot, they gave us a delicious bowl of much welcomed pasta!
The only slight disappointment was the lack of evening entertainment we were promised. The last camp was great as it felt like we were just there with a couple of locals who seemed interesed in hanging out with us where as here it felt more like they were "employees". They were very welcoming and polite but just sort of left us to it in the evening. Maybe they'd had a late night the day before?!
The following day consisted of breakfast and then the drive back to Marrakesh, it was a different route which kept it interesting and we drove across a huge dried up lake which Khalid demonstrated you could do with your eyes shut due to lack of anything to crash into!
I really recommend sahara services, we really felt looked after and thought it was great value for all that was included. Khalid our guide was a complete legend and you could tell he loved his job by the endless enthusiasm he showed. It was just lovely to be in his company and you could see we weren't alone in thinking this due to the hundreds of smiling faces of friends that greeted him along the way. If you're lucky enough to do this trip, enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamieOG
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We cycled down the N9 to M'Hamid, and this hotel is on the road just before the centre of the town. We were met by a very friendly chap, who also sorted us a short notice trip out to Chegaga sand dunes as well. The area is very pretty on the inside and the rooms are great. We were there two nights, and overall had a great experience. They also sell beer!

2  Thank Russell J
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Loved it! Just gorgeous... This tour was excellent, the driver we had was fantastic, very friendly and courteous. It was a great desert experience, camels and the campsite… Very well organized tour with lots of activities throughout the day… We had a fantastic time on this tour and would highly recommend it to anyone who's planning to travel to Morocco. Loved every moment of our Sahara desert.
Those were some rare moments of perfection, the ones you'll always look back on as highlights of your life.

2  Thank Djina M
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here with my husband for one night on our way into the Sahara Desert on an excursion booked directly through Sahara Services. We weren't really expecting much and truly didn't know what to expect.

We arrived around 6pm and were greeted by a really friendly, chatty guy named Radwan. He showed us to our room and upon first glance, better than I expected. But once we looked closer, it was sort of run down. The bed was comfortable and there was some decor around. There were lots of blankets (we were there in Feb) and a big bottle of water. Downsides were that there was hardly any water pressure - there were literally just drops of water trickling out. No way I could have washed my (long) hair, but it wasn't a big deal as we were only there for one night.

It took about an hour for our dinner to be prepared after we arrived, and when we finally got it, it was pretty tasty. Service was good. There is a big swimming pool but it was empty, and I have a feeling it's been empty for a very long time. There are tons of lounge chairs around the pool area and it would be nice to relax there with a book.

There are really hardly any options in M'Hamid and there is nothing really wrong with this place considering that it's on the edge of the Sahara Desert and most people will only be passing through. Highlight was the staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MissWanderlustCA
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had a wonderful experience with sahara services. Ibrahim, the driver showed me around and arranged everything with great care. booked hotels, restaurants and helped to find the things i wanted to visit. He was a little worried about the car he got, cause the 4x4 mechanism did not work properly. thank you a lot. Hope to come back again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank anton s
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic trip to Erg Chigaga with Sahara Services.

We arrived at the Hotel Kasbah late afternoon in our own hire car- very easy to spot from the only road in m'Hamid. Dinner was great- pasta and meatballs a welcome sight after a week of tagine!

After a standard breakfast we set off for our overnight desert trip in a 4x4 with another couple the following morning. Our driver and guide was wonderful. Very knowledgeable- from the local area. We arrived at the desert camp- a lovely circle of basic huts surrounded by what seems like miles of uninterrupted sand dunes. After a bit of time venturing off up the sand dunes alone- we were called back to the camp for a great late lunch of lovely fresh salad and meats with bread.

We set off on our camel trek which lasted around 2 hours- uncomfortable but fun! Racing to the top of a huge sand dune to try to catch the sunset was a real highlight- so beautiful. We were treated to some traditional Berber music and dancing after dinner with the other guests at the site which was good fun. Dinner at the camp was fine- the usual tagine with bread.

The guys running the site helped everyone pull beds out of the huts so that we could all sleep out in the open air. My boyfriend and I agree that lying on a comfy bed in the silent darkness under a sky bursting with millions of stars was truly amazing. The most awesome (in the true sense of the word) sight we have ever experienced.

I would highly recommend Sahara Services if you want an authentic desert experience with knowledgeable guides for good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emmi H
Also consider these accommodations in or near M'Hamid
Hotel Chez le Pacha
#3 of 20 in M'Hamid
Desert Bivouac
Desert Bivouac
#2 of 36 in M'Hamid

Been to Hotel Kasbah Sahara Services? Share your experiences!