“Excellent”

Finca La Mota
Price range: US$6 - US$47
Cuisines: European, Moroccan, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A more than 350 year old farmhouse renovated and maintained as a hotel, bar and restaurant, hidden away from the Costa del Sol. Lots of outside terrace, lovely dining with chimney, inside and outside bar, surrounded by nature and lovely view.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always impressed with the food here. Keep up the good work. Great atmosphere. Sunny terraces. Great food and wine. Thai green curry my favourite.

1  Thank 274,330

Reviewed 11 May 2014

So we came to eat lunch at the Restaurent based on a visit with my parents who live in Coin. I had my wife and kids with me and we were starving. We arrived at 3pm believing this to be the best time and the place was half full but not. Mostly older Brits in groups but one or two small families. The weather was great so we sat outside by the pool. The biggest gripe was the simple fact that the level of service was very low. The waitress was polite and tried her best but it seems the kitchen was a complete mess. We waited over an hour for food including the kids food which we asked to come quicker after 20 mins but nothing came for a long time. We had finished our bottle of wine before the food arrived. I am keen to give feedback when necessary but this was not well received or dealt with and responsibility was pushed to the waitress which I told them was very unfair. They then explained the kitchen mix up but not much in the way of apology was offered and their attitude has changed mine and my parents perspective so that we won't be returning. The food in fairness was very nice and portions generous.

1  Thank Wannabetraveller888
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have been regular visitors to this restaurant for over two years now and find the food reliable and good. When our family visit our home, one of the first things they want to arrange is a visit to their favourite restaurant - Finca La Mota! Both adults, and younger children, always enjoy the food that they have selected!

2  Thank SandEinSpain
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed close to Finca La Mota in September and ate our evening meal there once. Not the most luxurious place to eat and a little more expensive than others but the food was very good. Veggie choices available.

1  Thank Clare W
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Thought we would give this restaurant a try as there had been a few good revues, not sure who could have written them but what a terrible evening, can't remember a worst meal out! House wine was like vinegar, and then my partner had chicken that was totally raw, was the chef blind? Or just forgot to cook it! So she obviously sent it back! I had a vegetable curry that was just blanched raw vegetables not even drained just plonked on a sauce! Which was then just tasteless and floating in water and I could not eat it! Service was very poor and could not get out of there quick enough! No one appeared to give a dam or be very apologetic!

1  Thank Anthony B