We are a couple who stayed for a week in a superior room.
- incredible grounds teeming with wildlife (colourful birds, monitor lizards, 2 types of monkey, palm squirrel, giant squirrel etc.)
- friendly and helpful staff (not so much in reception)
- clean and spacious room (although starting to show its age) with large balcony on top floor
- buffets were varied and good
- inviting pool (although loungers become scarce at certain times of day)
- great base for the Cultural Triangle (unfortunately, experience dampened by the outrageous demands of tuk tuk drivers and exorbitant entry fees for foreigners i.e. USD 30 p.p. for Sigiriya vs. USD 15 for the Taj Mahal in India)
- overpriced tours (walk out the resort gates and negotiate directly as front desk will redirect you to the travel desk and try to stick you with inflated prices and excuses for them) i.e. hotel jeep safari USD 140; outside jeep with insurance 8500 rupees - almost half the price
-overpriced transfer (hotel USD 115 to Kandy; our other hotel arranged it for 10000) a savings of USD 40
- no happy hour or tea time
- received no reconfirmation of my reservation through Agoda after three e-mail attempts to the hotel leaving us to wonder if they had received it (luckily, they did)
- no help with negotiating the inflated tourist prices for tuk tuks (guests left to fend for themselves against various and many scams)
- many tour groups monopolizing seating area of restaurant with "reserved" signs
Overall, we enjoyed the facilities of this hotel but, unfortunately, like so much of Sri Lanka we felt that there was some tourist exploitation going on. As independents, we watched prices unlike most who stay here in tour groups and have no idea of individualized pricing/gouging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cinnamon Lodge Habarana is located at the heart of Sri Lanka's world famous cultural triangle where history, time and tradition meet. Make delightful discoveries in over 27 acres of resplendent beauty, shielded by over 1700 tall trees, surrounded by three nature reserves. Discover tranquility in the midst of lush greenery. The 68 Superior, 63 Deluxe, 2 Superior suites and 4 Deluxe suites are aesthetically designed and are located on the ground and first floor level of chalet type accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cinnamon Lodge Habarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cinnamon Lodge Habarana Hotel Habarana
- Cinnamon Hotel Habarana