We - a couple and a single travelling companion - stayed in a pair of rooms. Although originally booked for two nights, we left after one, preferring to sleep in our car than spend another night in this establishment.
First a few minor complaints ...
1) Even though we arrived well before the last orders time for the restaurant, we were unable to get anything other than a cup of tea when we arrived mid-evening.
2) Despite a sign announcing 'we speak English', none of the staff did, not even after 8:00am the next morning, when reception was officially open.
3) We were a party, but still not offered adjoining rooms.
4) The inter-room phone didn't work, so we couldn't keep in touch with each other.
... and now some MAJOR COMPLAINTS ...
5) The double room was awful. The carpet was dirty, the bedding was stained, but worst of all by far, the toilet was completely unacceptable, being both dirty and smelling awfully.
6) The single room was cleaner (not being carpeted probably helped here), but only had one sheet, so had to choose between sleeping on the bare mattress and use it as a top-sheet, or use it as a bottom-sheet and have a fluffy, itchy blanket in skin-contact. The room was also very cold, as the single blanket was thin, and it was not at all clear that there were more available.
The hotel did not seem full by any means, so I can only assume that most or all of the rooms are this bad - why would they put guests in such poor rooms when the hotel is empty, if better rooms were available?
Breakfast was perfunctory and unappetising.
No redeeming features whatever. Avoid!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Le Bois Joli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.