“Waitress was rude and would not admit she was wrong” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Forest
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Bar, British, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Guernsey
“Waitress was rude and would not admit she was wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Went to the Deerhound yesterday for lunch and ordered 2 meals, one of them I asked for was sausage, egg and chips. They already had ham and egg and chips on the menu and also they had sausage and mash on the menu. I first asked for a small portion of sausage egg and chips and the foreign waitress said she couldnt do a small portion so I would have to pay for a normal portion which I agreed. When it came out they bought me sausage and mash, told them its not what I had ordered, so the waitress went in and out came the waitress who had taken my order, she came out and blatently said you have to have whats on the menu and they only do sausage and mash. She offered to bring me out chips and egg at extra cost, I dont think so. Anyway she was very rude and did not admit she was wrong and had not understood and took my order down wrong. We had to pay upfront as we ate outside, if I hadnt I would have refused. I will definately not be going again. The staff should have some customer service training on how to be polite and treat their customers or they will be out of a job as there will be no custom to serve. After all that my Aunt and I swapped meals, as I didnt want the mash as it had carrot/swede mixed in with it. The Deerhound up to a few years ago was brilliant and my husband and I used to go there most sunday nights for evening meal, not again for sure.

• Visited July 2012

Warrington, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

Varied menu, good service, portion size choice, a little expensive for pub grub but was tasty non the less

Visited July 2012
Southampton
“Pleasant Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

We visited on the Jubilee weekend and found the Deerhound to be a nice enough place to eat. It has obviously had a refurb recently but has been done tastefully. The menu is varied with the option for larger / smaller portions and the meals we had were very enjoyable. Gastropub would indeed be a correct description as the food is good value for money also.

• Visited June 2012
Confolens, France
“Okay ish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

Had lunch here today and sat outside, the interior has been revamped since I last was in the Island, more contemporary, with a dreadful false fire effect fire place, which seems totally out of sync. The food was mixed, the large fish and chips was nice, the fish tasty and moist and certainly big, the home made chicken burger was awful, dry and tasteless, and looked like it was from Iceland. Good point they have free Wi Fi, and serve Peroni beer.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Good food at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

Place to visit for a good bar meal excellent menu choice with daily specials

• Visited February 2012