“treat for my birthday was very no no no”
Review of The Deerhound

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“treat for my birthday was very no no no”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

me and my girlfriend went there for dinner it was my birthday .what a birthday .bad experience
the staff could be trained and could smile more often.as is very important to the customers
not very active .the food not very good the only think I enjoyed because was my birthday so I drunk couple pint .would I go again there
the answer is no

1 Thank zeni2013

St Sampsons,Guernsey
“Lunch”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went with my grand-daughter for lunch last week, got there at noon and entered the restaurant just behind some other people, the first to arrive. Got a drink and choose a table, so far all very good. Then given a menu and within 5 minutes had our order taken, still ok. After 40 minutes and the other table finished starter and main, ours still hadn't arrived. I asked the waitress how long it would be and she came back to say another 5 minutes, I was quite annoyed by then as other people arriving after us, had already had their food. I told the waitress I couldn't wait any longer and paid for the drinks and walked out.
Was very disappointed and will not be going there again. goodness knows what it would have been like if it had been busy.

Guernsey, null, United Kingdom
“Too few staff”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I love the Deerhoud...food has always been good and so has the service...however went there a couple of weeks ago and the service was dreadful. Now i am not blaming the staff..they looked sooo stressed and overworked. The management may wish to review their staffing levels before they upset too many of there regulars and standards really fall way past repairing.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sarnia H
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Love the tennerfest idea”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Great menu for very good price. Three course evening meal 15.00. Took a while for it to come out but worth waiting for

1 Thank shelley K
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Poor all around”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Waited two hours for a meal after being told would be ready in half an hour, waiting staff rude, threw a packet of peanuts on the table when we asked for nibbles and then charged us for same. When I spoke to the Manager and told him the story, he was also very argumentative and therefore we walked away very upset. I used to live on Guernsey and had taken friends over and as I used to eat in the Deerhound frequently when The service was good I can only say how this has deteriorated. I would never eat there again.

• Visited September 2013