The Deerhound
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2014

great service, brilliant food, staff were very friendly and helpful, we loved it and it was just a short walk from where we were staying

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I recently went to deerhound and I tried asking waitress about something on the Menu, she was quite abrupt with her answer and she obviously hadn't been trained in customer service as she moaned that the menu issue was the managers problem not hers. I had NO sorry I will check with manager just a really bad attitude!!!

I will be spending my money elsewhere in future!!

3  Thank Jon V
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The correct address for this pub is The Deerhound Inn, Le Bourg, Forest, GY8 0AN and is very close to the airport as mentioned in other reviews.
We ate here twice last week which tells you that we were happy with our experience. The food is pub grub, burgers, steaks etc with some upmarket alternatives. My son had Espetadas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next visit we had home made burgers, mine was pork and apple, very tasty and a choice of fries or chunky chips. Good value and all very tasty. We received our food quite quickly although the drinks were a little slow in arriving. The pub was full but there was only one guy behind the bar, one guy serving drinks and a young lady taking orders and delivering meals. She was pleasant but struggled to smile and was clearly overworked. I would recommend this place and if it keeps busy perhaps they'll employ some mode staff!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Serendipity! We ate here as the place we had chosen initially didn't seem too nice. This was great. The atmosphere was casual - main "pub" area and other dining rooms to the side. But this was no "olde inne"; it had recently been refurbished and the place was very nice and upscale. The menu had a wide variety of meals. We all had something different - a salad, a thai dish and seafood and every dish was great. This was a terrific find.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The pub is local to our chosen hotel easily walking distance. The food is cafe/bistro/ gastro pub style with a good selection to suit everyone The locally brewed beer is well kept, and the staff are friendly and efficient.

1  Thank loopylune