“Best stay I've had in Nunavut”

Katimavik Suites Arviat
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arviat
Katimavik Suites Arviat
Ranked #1 of 2 Arviat B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Best stay I've had in Nunavut”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have been traipsing across the arctic for four decades and I got used to basic often dirty accommodations. A sleeping bag was essential travel gear. Times have changed and many communities have decent to above average accommodations. Some have achieved better than that, including Kugluktuk and now Arviat. I've stayed in the main Katamavik suites and they are decent, but nothing like their little brother the Beach House also part of Katamavik Suites. The place was immaculate, the beds were as comfortable as any Westin Sweet Sleeper mattress. I'm not sure what the views are like in the summer from the suites, but I imagine they are "sweet" as the building is next to the shore. The living area and kitchen are well supplied and you are only a five minute walk from the Northern Store. There are two recliners and a couple of couches/chairs along with a big screen TV. Internet speed is decent too for Arviat. The keys await you at the airport...don't forget to grab them or you will be taxiing back! Great place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank ChillyAlbertans

Families
Couples
Solo

Been to Katimavik Suites Arviat? Share your experiences!