“It's all about the top floor!!”

Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip in June 2014 for 5 nights. The rooms are quite unique in that they are either entirely white or entirely black. My room was a white one and first impressions were that I felt like I was in a hospital, but I soon got used to it and quite liked it in the end. The windows are in the shape of a big leaf and to be honest, this was the bit I didn't really like. I would have preferred a normal, large rectangular window as the views are stunning.

I had breakfasts there and a couple of dinners. The food was very nice and the service was good.

Normally I think I would have given this hotel 3 out of 5 stars, however, the top floor gets it that extra star from me!! There is a swimming pool, a great bar and plenty of seating area. The bar staff were friendly and attentive and the views from up there are amazing!! You can see all across Barcelona, 360 degrees!! It was a great place to hang out after long days working. It really is this hotel's USP and is stunning.

On a practical side, although the hotel is out from the centre of Barcelona, there is a metro station about 1 minute's walk from the hotel. I had never been to Barcelona before, but it was pretty easy to get into town and to the beach.

I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: It kind of goes without saying, but the higher your room, the better the views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We spent 4 nights in this hotel and loved the experience. All of the staff were friendly and attentive. Our room was bright, clean and comfortable, we stayed on the 17th floor, although not as high up as we had hoped we still a very nice view where we could see the sea. We had lunch one afternoon in the Palmer restaurant and the food was just divine! The service was also fantastic. The rooftop pool is lovely, plenty of space to relax in the sun and the bar has everything you could possibly ask for from coffee to cocktails (which they do very well!) and again, with brilliant service. The hotel is a little way out of the city but the metro is so close that it isn't a problem getting around. There is also a shopping center about 5 minutes walk with an enormous supermarket which we is great for beach picnic goodies and packable cured meats that we brought home for gifts. The final joy is that it's only about a 15min cab ride or 20 minute bus ride from the airport (the bus pulls up just out front/across the road from the hotel). Would recommend the place to anyone and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a sea/city view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Everything about this hotel is brilliant. The staff are extremely helpful. The rooms are modern, clean & well serviced. The breakfasts are excellent, everything you could want is there. Although not in the centre of Barcelona it is 2 minutes walk to the station & the trains & metro are very easy to negotiate. I would highly recommend it to anyone going to Barcelona, it is also only a 20 minute bus ride from the airport no need to pay for a transfer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sambaLancashire
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I just spent 6 nights at this hotel, and have to say it was great.
The hotel is very modern and clean, the rooms are spacious and bright, and there is a small refrigerator in room. The staff was always cheerful and very helpful! The breakfast buffet is great as well as the restaurant staff. It is across the street from a mall, as well as a grocery store Carrefour. FREE wifi! It worked fantastic, even on the roof top pool area!
It costs between 10-20 euros for taxi to downtown core, but there is a train station across the street. I didn't use it however. Would defiantly stay here again for the great value and low rate.
Thank you to all the staff for an enjoyable stay! Krista D

Room Tip: If you are afraid of heights, the elevators are see through. Ask for a lower floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Krissy2013
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Fira hotel for 10 days and decided to stay another 4.

As a elite member I was upgraded as well as the family. Super service and staff was providing high class service with a smile

We simply enjoyed our stay and will be back

Thanks Fira hotel

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Kim N
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed staying in this hotel
Hospitable and caring staff
Perfect location away from city noise and close proximity to transport
Great choice in breakfast
Value for money

We stayed there for 2 weeks and had Barcelona Hola Card for 5 Days then T20 card
In between visited France and Andorra too

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank SSabharwal
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Found this hotel via a travelzoo deal, ended up booking directly - so glad I saw the original deal to find the hotel. It's first class, the staff especially, the service they gave was second to none.

I emailed ahead to ask if we could have a high floor room after seeing other reviews and mentioned it was my husband's 40th, when we checked I. We were told we'd been upgraded and they gave my husband a little box of Lindt chocolates, a lovely touch - and our room was on the 24th floor of 26! Amazing views across the city.

The rooms are fab, ultra modern, so comfy and all the amenities you'd expect in a 5 star hotel. The rooftop terrace and pool is just amazing, the views phenomenal and the perfect way to end our holiday before heading back to the airport, a few hours chilling in the sun, dipping in the pool and sipping cocktails!

We ate in the restaurant on our second night as the weather was really bad, a storm and torrential rain. The atmosphere was good but could have been a little better, maybe some background music could help? The food was fab, not a massively varied menu but the steaks were delicious, only came with chips though and no other sides even though I asked for asparagus in addition to chips.

Travel
The T10 card is fabulous, buy from the airport before travelling to the hotel, you need to head to departures and go over the bridge to the railway station to buy your ticket from the machine for 10 euros 30, this card gives 10 journeys on buses, trams and metro. Not each journey is classed as a separate journey either, you can change lines on the metro and even change from bus to metro and vice versa all classed as one journey as long as it's within 45 minutes of the starting point.

Bus 46 outside the airport takes you to virtually straight outside the hotel, takes about 15mins, looks out for the Audi dealership and ikea, get off and cross the road, there's the hotel, so easy!

The metro station is literally 30 seconds from the hotel, get the metro to espanya then change onto Catalyna square for Central Barcelona and start of las ramblas.

We did the open top bus tour which was fab and a great way to see the city's highlights. We ate at El Quim in the boqueria which was delicious and a fab experience and also at Bun Bo a Vietnamese restaurant in the gothic quarter, again delicious.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
#100 of 513 in Barcelona
Hotel Fira Congress
#6 of 10 in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat

Been to Renaissance Barcelona Fira Hotel? Share your experiences!