“Shark Cage Diving!”

Private Tour: Cage Dive with Great White Sharks from Cape Town
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Kleinbaai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Marine Dynamics shark tours is the industry's leading white shark cage diving operator - dispelling the myths about sharks one client at a time. Not only can you expect a 5-star service start to finish, Marine Dynamics shark tours contributes directly to local white shark research by being the primary sponsor to the accredited non-profit, the Dyer Island Conservation Trust. Marine Dynamics is the preferred operator for National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, the BBC, South African Tourism and many more internationally recognized organizations. As you will see from our reviews, our staff are not only the most knowledgeable in the business but equally the most passionate about great white sharks and providing you an excellent experience you will never forget. Marine Dynamics operates out of The Great White House in Gansbaai, South Africa, where you will be treated to our 5-star hospitality underneath South Africa's only privately owned Southern right whale skeleton! Our custom-built vessel, Slashfin, was launched in 2010 and comes with all the modern amenities expected in a top quality vessel. Marine Dynamics guarantees a marine biologist, a videographer, and best value for money on every trip.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Crossed this item off my bucket list. Our parents and friends thought we were crazy but my sister and I had always wanted to go shark cage diving. When planning the trip to South Africa we knew this was a must. I researched several companies and selected Marine Dynamics based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and recommendations from my travel agent.

We had a wonderful experience. The staff was very professional and informative. It was fun being in the cage seeing the sharks up close but also fantastic to watch the sharks from the boat. My sister got a bit seasick and the staff was so helpful making sure she was taken care of. They filmed during the entire trip and we purchased the video as a keepsake to remember this experience. I love watching it.

MarineDynamics, Public Relations Manager at Marine Dynamics, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Firstly, awesome photos!!! Thanks for sharing them! Secondly, thank you so much for this awesome review! Super happy you 2 enjoyed it so much! Also, good to hear you did proper research in choosing the right shark diving operator, this is a must and everyone should do this before deciding on a company. Come visit us again though!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A 5* expert company run by professional knowledgeable people. A great adrenaline rush in complete safety! A great day seeing 14 sharks, with the on board biologist giving constant information about each shark. A very helpful crew and volunteer programme. All round fantastic experience!

Sweet!!! I love this review!! Thank you so much!!! You've said it all, now please come visit us again :)

Cheerio!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

This experience blew my expectations out of the water! Would do it again in a heart beat. It was definitely worth the price!!! Very fun and educational. Proceeds go to a great cause. If you would like to go cage shark diving while visiting the Cape Town area, I would definitely recommend this area! It is a bit of a drive away (two and a half hours) but transport is provided!

Oh nice, thanks so much for the sweet review!!! The drive is a bit long from Cape Town, but next time, try to stay in the Gansbaai area. We have amazing accommodation around and that cut back a lot on the drive. Something to consider when visiting South Africa... Anyway, thanks again and we hope to have you back on board in the near future!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I never miss Shark week on discovery so when I made plans to visit Cape Town, Shark Cage diving in Shark Alley was on top of my list. It did not disappoint. A truly professional team that understands the Great White and is dedicated to protecting it for future generations. A marine biologist always accompanies the team on every trip and is extremely knowledgeable on shark behavior and the eco-system of which they are a part of. I felt extremely safe during the entire trip. Other boats that I saw in the area seemed to have half the staff and volunteers that Marine Dynamics had in order to help the divers, both in the cage and on-board.

Recommendation - It is hard to get a hit on your company during searches on Trip Advisor as you show up in Kleinbaai and not in Cape Town. Not sure if anything can be done to help fix this as I think most visitors, like me will be searching for expeditions from the Cape Town area.

Samir

Thank you so much for this absolutely awesome review. Yes you are 100% correct about the Cape Town searches... we're working on that. But so far, TripAdvisor has treated us very well and many of our clients come to us because of our reviews. But thank you so much for that! We'd love to see you again in the future!!!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The shark diving was one of the highlights on our trip to South Africa, Marine Dynamics were excellent throughout the trip ...even looking after me when I got sea sick ! We saw around 6-7 great whites whilst we where there and would recommend this to anyone as it's an amazing once in a lifetime experience!

Thanks a million for this stunning short and sweet review!!! You've been fabulous!!! But please do visit us again during your next trip to SA! We'd love to have you on board again :)

Warmest regards,