“Not the ultimate lunch destination”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kleinbaai
The Great White House
Roodepoort
“Not the ultimate lunch destination”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

On the brochure of this restaurant is states " The ultimate lunch destination...famous for fresh delicious meals." This was unfortunately not our experience. My husband and I played golf at the Kleinbaai golf club and arrived for lunch at approximately 13h30. The restaurant was packed but we were "lucky" to be seated. We immediately placed a drinks order, one glass of wine and a beer. After approximately 20 minutes a waitress arrived to take our drinks order. We said that we had ordered but she in any event then took our drinks order again and our food order at the same time. Our drinks arrived quite quickly and then started the wait.....We ordered a bottle of wine and though there are very few white wines to choose from our first choice was not available and we chose another. After another hour our food arrived. My fish was fine but my husband had ordered fried calamari and was served grilled calamari which he dislikes. By then our patience were gone. I called the waitress who then said, we should have said pan fried, fried or grilled??? I asked to see a manager and two friendly ladies came to our table. Within minutes a plate of fried calamari arrived for my husband and a double fresh portion of line fish for me. Though we had waited long we decided to relax and enjoy our long awaited meals. We had not even picked up our forks when some one stormed us like a buffalo in the wild. A rude and aggressive lady stood at our table and in a very unfriendly manner asked us what the problem was. I explained that all was now sorted and we were fine, when she commented that I should be happy - I HAD HAD FOUR MEALS!!!! By then not even a forkful had passed my mouth! I was told that this person is the chef, I would strongly suggest that she remains in the kitchen as the food was very tasty and fresh but she has NO front of house manners what so ever. If you have patience, go to this restaurant for the food which is very good but for the rest....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Beautiful setting, lovely staff, quaint accommmodation, fantastic food.

The location is very quiet however when joined with a shark dive relaxing in the afternoon by touring the whale route, Danger point or Pearly Bay is special and then ending the day by enjoying some of the best wine I have ever tasted added to make this a truly special part of our trip.

Well done I will be back

Room Tip: Only three rooms you can't go wrong!