“Excellent for a celebration.”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We have just celebrated a fortieth anniversary at this hotel. Our party of five coaches took over the hotel. The breakfast was a really efficient buffet with a full continetal or English breakfast
There was not to much cooked at one time hence everything was fresh and not dried up
On the night of the special celebration the room was decorated however what imptessed me most was the efficiency of the serving of the meal
To serve 240 people with a choice of meals that had been previously ordered was brilliant
ALL the staff never stopped literally running.No one could have worked harder
The rooms could do with a lick of paint but on saying that it is very clean and a well used hotel close to York and other interesting areas but not the high cost of more central hotels. We have spent numerous holidays here and we are returning in three weeks time to see the Christmas like in York and Beverly. A really nice friendly hotel with out expensive trimmings
For those who want to burn off the calories after the carvery meal there's a gym and swimming pool. A well used friendly hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013
Sarah Y, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear patprice3,

Thank you for taking your time to leave a review. I'm so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us over the weekend. I have been receiving great feedback from all the staff in the hotel who mentioned how much of a delight it was to help celebrate Parry's 40th Anniversary. I hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the 30th October after being unable to book into the Holiday Inn at York (that I will add is a nicer hotel). Booking in was good and arrived at the hotel mid-evening. The hotel is superbly situated off the M1 so location is good especially if you need to be ion the M1 first thing.

Check in was a bit slow, but OK, and then headed off for my room. It quickly became obvious that this is a tired hotel and it has some residence blocks. My room was a long way from reception and one of the longest trips I can remember. The corridors are clean but the building is a remnant from the 70`s.

The room has clearly been done out and given a facelift. All OK on the front. However the shower/bath was not up to standard. The shower was powerful, that bit was good, but the tile and grouting shabby and the sealant around the bath extremely poo. I could have done better - there were cracks in it and it just screamed of `lick and tickle`. Don't get me wrong, if someone had done it properly it could have been fine - but it wasn't.

Went for a meal. Order was not taken properly, but then rectified when I asked why the bill was wrong. However when I got the meal it was poor. I`m not fussy about food but the burger I got was half cooked and uncooked in the middle so would suggest it was frozen. The side beans were sagging, the chips undercooked. It should have been easy to be OK. Whislt the internet was free and the lady at the reception warned me it was to be changed is a disaster. As a business man this is unacceptable for a Holiday Inn. I had a further problem in the morning that was fixed after half an hour by resetting the hub

Breakfast was busy and generally speaking that was middle of the road with no issues. Lady attended to me with tea quickly.

As a business traveller having poor food, in a tired hotel, with poor to no internet is unacceptable. I love the location, that's great, but I cant help feeling that's the reason this cash cow has been milked.

The spa by the way, although I didn't use it, is quite small and the pool very small. It didn't look welcoming either

Avoid - there are better offerings for similar money

Oh - if you do stay here eat at the Aggrar Indian up the road - its legendary. Skip the hotel food and the experience would be somewhat better

Room Tip: Eat down the road at the Aggrar Indian in the evening - don't eat at the hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank julian c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear julian c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a thorough review of your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations and restaurant service prevented you from having a better experience while at the hotel. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Our stay at this hotel would have been rated as average, however, we were put into a smoking room without the option of choosing. As an asthmatic non-smoker this is not the option I would have chosen. The stench in the room was unbearable and the staff quite the same. When we contacted reception to complain their policy that 'they will genuinely do all they can' was not abided by. The member of staff at reception acknowledged us and then remained having a chat with the other member of staff. She was obnoxious and very unhelpful and told us that there was absolutely nothing she would do to help, even refusing to provide an air fresher in the room whilst we were out. Not only this, the cleanliness within rooms is poor, with the previous occupiers litter still on the floor and the sides were in need of a clean. Also, the toilet in our room was blocked in our room when we arrived.
Overall I would rate the hotel 2 out of 10 - mainly due to the poor customer service of staff, their damn right rudeness and the unclean and outdated rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear dy5675,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, kindly accept our apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality our hotel strives to deliver. We’re deeply sorry for the over- all experience you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. I was very concerned when reading your review regarding our Front Office team. Please rest assured that these issues have been raised with the utmost seriousness and concern, and that appropriate action has been taken.

I sincerely regret that on this day you were disappointed with the condition of the room accommodations you were given. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Once again, thank you for alerting us and bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back and ensuring that you have a pleasant stay with us. Many Thanks.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The room was very small (2 people could not walk around the room without having to stop and wait for the other to pass) the bed was comfortable and the pillows were good (2 soft and 2 hard).

The walls were far too thin. We were woken up around 1am by a group of lads next door and it was like they were in the same room.

All in all it was ok... we wanted a room for the night to be able to have a nice evening in Leeds and it’s what we got.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Samantha C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I hope this didn't disturb your night too much. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon. Many Thanks.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I mostly try to review better places on this site, but this HI was a real let down. I am a platinum member of their rewards programme so a frequent IHG hotel user, this was my first ever stay in this one, and it was not up to scratch.
Start on the positives, a great welcome at the front desk, made to feel welcome and the staff member engaged well. The lady serving my bar snack did well and was polite and timely (despite being under pressure because of a football match on TV).
The "not so goods". A very long walk to the room, 2 flights of steps down and 2 up, no lifts, and difficult with wheeled cases and computer bags etc. etc. This is not an hotel for the less mobile. The hotel and the room was an old Post House design, and looking very tired in décor and design. My room still had hairs in the bathroom from the previous guest, 4 very flat and unsupportive pillows, and a lump of something sticky on the bedside table. I did not feel welcome after that. Too tired to ask for a change of rooms I made do - my fault I suppose.
On check out their card reader did not work and the card number had to be keyed in, requiring a signature that I was never asked for, nothing sinister, but it just created a bad feeling in my mind. Come on management, some of your staff are trying hard, but the fabric and overall tightness of the management could do with a vast improvement.

Room Tip: Take bags you can carry, and prepare for a long walk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear WiltshireDruid,

Thank you for your feedback following your experiences at Holiday Inn Leeds- Garforth. Whilst pleased that our Front of House service expectations were met, I was very disappointed and apologise sincerely that your room did not meet expectations.

As a IHG Rewards Member and a very valuable guest to us we take customer feedback very seriously. It is only through guest’s feedback, such as yours, that we can improve upon the service we offer. Rest assured that all these matters you have raised have been recognized and brought to their attention to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I hope you will return back to our hotel in the future and I'm sure one of our hotel staff would be more than happy to assist you with your luggage to your room.

Sarah Y

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I normally stay just down the road at a different hotel, but it was full, so I stayed originally just for the one night, but ended up adding an additional night, the location for this trip was perfect for my needs, not too far from the M1, loads of parking, and the staff were pleasant and helpful. Both my rooms were clean, pleasant and quiet, the bathrooms again was clean, and well lit, the showers however are not very powerful
Breakfast was reasonable, though day ones breakfast was totally different from day two, the first day I was just given a breakfast no choices of items, the second day I was asked what I would like (have a suspicion but will contact the HI direct)
My main issue was the lack of a lift, as a disabled person, it's embarrassing asking for help
I can only speak for the staff I met, but everyone was helpful, cheerful and welcoming
My main issues were lifts, and the showers and perhaps a look at the undersides of your bath rails as one of the two rooms I was in was a bit rust stained (just replace the screws with new ones)

If you can't be at home then it was a good substitute. I would go back and have recommended it already

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear 12thDomino,

Thank you very much for taking your time to leave a review. I was very pleased to read how friendly and attentive our staff were. I apologise sincerely due to the lack of lifts available at our hotel but I'm very glad the staff were helpful during this time. I can assure you the comments you made will be shared with our team. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was honestly afraid of what I might find having booked this hotel before reading reviews (I usually read a fair amount before booking). We were coming on holiday from Canada and wanted something close to the motorway, grocery store and gas, and this hotel fit that description. At £69 a night for 2 with breakfast buffets included, it was a great price.

Staff were attentive and friendly and greeted me warmly upon arrival.

The internet worked well, and they seem to have installed routers every few rooms all the way down the hallway. (I was at the farthest end of one of the hallways, which was very quiet, although a fair walk from Reception).

It is not a new hotel, nor the Ritz. However, it was worth what I paid for it. The room was dated but clean, including the bathroom. The television worked and recieved a number of channels, although not as many as other hotels I've stayed at. If you're looking for high-end luxury, this isn't it, although I've stayed in worse for more. It is what we were looking for, an affordable, clean place central to where we were touring, with a tasty breakfast included each morning. if that is what you are looking for, this is a good place to stay. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Jaime B,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback during your stay at the Holiday Inn Leeds- Garforth. I was delighted to read the comments you made. I was so pleased to hear you mentioned how friendly and attentive our staff made you feel. We strive to our best to ensure every guest feels welcome during their time here. I hope you had a great time during your stay in England and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Sarah

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Holbeck
Clayton Hotel Leeds
Clayton Hotel Leeds
#13 of 87 in Leeds
Ibis Leeds Centre
#31 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!