“Ok!!”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The room I got was very good, plenty of room but had to go up and down stairs with a suitcase (no offer of help from reception!). Bathroom floor could have been cleaner, don't want other peoples hair on the floor. Not much of an atmosphere in the bar area so opted for room service which was prompt, warm and good. Good selection for breakfast. Although the hotel is going through a refurbishment I don't want to look at workmen while having breakfast. Reception could do with more staff as there was always a queue and they could do with some training on friendliness. The hotel need to display the code for getting out of the barrier. Swimming pool good but changing area is very poor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SuzanneBush, General Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us recently. I am pleased you found many aspects of your stay good. We will take your feedback on board to help us improve.

I hope you will choose us again for any future visits to the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I met a friend at this Holiday Inn which I've stayed at before and, once again, it was a very good stay with a large, clean and airy room. Unfortunately, although we were both allowed to take our dogs with us, this hotel will no longer be allowing dogs to stay. This is a shame because it's ideally located with lots of great dog walks close by. Perhaps this is because they are about to carry out a refurbishment?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the area. I am pleased you found your room to be clean and airy.

We have changed the policy on dogs ahead of the refurbishment to give everyone time to adjust to the new policy. We changed the policy based on feedback from other guests and to eliminate damage that has previously been caused by dogs (and other animals) to the fixtures and fittings within the rooms. Pet allergies are also more prevalent these days it seems, so we have weighed up all the pros and cons and decided to change the policy to assistance dogs only.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room- 6/10 quite basically fairly clean though in need of some maintenance, tv did not work properly.

Food ( breakfast) 7/10 basic spread though it tasted good, the dinner option seemed nice though I did not try this option due to a miller and carter being directly opposite the hotel which provided lovely food.

Facility's- 6/10 for a small hotel they had a pool and quite a well equipped gym although I did not use either both seemed clean and well kept.

We also attended a wedding here which if your looking to have a nice low budget wedding his had a nice venue for both the registry and the meal they have a spacious hall which can provide a good medium size wedding with plenty if room for the disco dance floor.

Overall not a bad stay for a quick stop off though a few things could be improved generally for the price was worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted you would recommend us for weddings following your stay. All of our event rooms are currently being refurbished so in the future the experience will be even better than yours.

All your feedback is appreciated. We are working hard to constantly make improvements throughout the hotel and your feedback will assist us with this.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying this is a cheap hotel but even basic hotels should have standards! My room was basic but the cleaning of the room was terrible! The toilet had not been cleaned since the last guest had used it! I don't expect to see skids in any hotel I stay in no matter how much the cost! As a few others have mentioned, room 66 has terrible black mould around the shower area and is in need of a makeover!
This way my first stay in a holiday inn and I was very disappointed

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to the area. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. There is no excuse for poor cleanliness and I will discuss the issue with your toilet with our housekeeper. This month we are working our way around the bathrooms doing remedial works to get us through to the full refurbishment of all bedrooms and bathrooms early next year. In the meantime we do try to keep everywhere very clean, so I am disappointed that this was not your experience.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Firstly I must say we have stayed here many times and have watched this hotel getting worse and worse, but in the last 7 weeks since our last visit there have been some major improvements.

The hotel has recently been taken over and there seems to be a big refurbishment happening, the whole hotel has had new windows and all the rooms have had new slimline TV's that you can now get plenty of channels on.

There are also lots of small changes that make a difference, in the restaurant at breakfast the buffet food is put out more often so nothing is standing too long, and they have now gone back to using the separate little packs of jam, marmalade etc instead of all digging into one large jar shared by everyone, these are so much better.

The bar also seems more organized everything is on show rather than you having to lean over and try to look in the fridges for soft drinks and cans.

The rooms are getting very tired but ours was very clean with plenty of new very white fluffy towels and bedding, was as always very comfortable, and we had good free WiFi throughout our stay.

We were informed that the gym has had a complete refurb and all rooms are due to be refurbished quite soon so with all these small improvements the hotel is certainly getting back to its former quality.

The last and probably the most important note is to say the staff as always were so helpful and friendly and welcoming, the only reason we carried on visiting the hotel when things were bad was because the staff were so good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your feedback and for being a loyal customer of the hotel. It was a great pleasure to read that you have noticed the improvements made already. We are working very hard to improve things both physically, through investment and also by increasing the attention to detail throughout the hotel. It was lovely to hear that you had noticed the improvements we have made at breakfast, in the bedrooms and the bar.

I will also let the staff know about your kind feedback regarding their service.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I know on each future visit you will see further improvement.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was very unimpressed by my stay here. I've stayed in other Holiday Inns in the past in many cities and really felt that this one did not measure up to its usual standard. Although most are not fancy - this one really fell flat.

Firstly, one of the reasons I picked this hotel was because I was staying here during a conference and really needed wireless internet access in my room. The internet in my room was shoddy at best. It took me at least twenty minutes to connect and once connected it was slow and often phased out.

Secondly, my room was not clean. The shower had visible limescale and green around the glass. The toliet paper rolls were not replaced prior to my stay. The room itself was also truly shoebox sized and very dark. I ordered room service on my second morning because I needed to prepare some things before my conference. It didn't arrive until 45 minutes after the scheduled time.

The hotel itself is quite rundown and really does need a bit of refurbishment. From the front it looks okay, but the further you go through it, it degenerates into 1960s block style.

Rated two stars as it was not the absolute worst placed I've stayed, but a far stretch from acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your review of the hotel. We are expecting superfast Fibre Optic Wifi to be installed very soon. There have been considerable delays in installing this from our suppliers and we are pushing hard to ensure this happens soon.

This is one of the improvements currently being made as part of a huge 12 month refurbishment program implemented by the new owners of the hotel.

I am sure if you stay with us again you will notice more and more improvements with each future visit.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We booked 3 rooms at this hotel last weekend as we planned to spend a day in Leeds. The hotel looks ok from the outside, the reception and bar area are ok. However the room is the worst I have seen/stay. Our room: The bath tap is covered in gunk and mould, same for the tiled wall around the bath, the hand rail is also covered with mould. The room has not been vacuum for a while as you can see dust gathering around the skirting board. The other 2 rooms also have the same issues in their bathrooms and 1 of them can't flush properly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your bathroom was not up to the standard you would expect. The hotel has been recently taken over by a new company and major investment has started and is planned over the next 12 months including new bathrooms and bedrooms. In the meantime I have inspected all the bathrooms and remedial works are currently taking place to ensure they are in good enough condition and mould free up until their replacement. All remedial works highlighted will be completed by the end of this month.

Suzanne Bush

Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Holbeck
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre
Holbeck
Clayton Hotel Leeds
Clayton Hotel Leeds
#13 of 87 in Leeds
Leeds Marriott Hotel
#25 of 87 in Leeds

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!