“Typical, average 70s Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Garforth
Birmingham
“Typical, average 70s Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 24 April 2009

The hotel is a seventies building, difficult to distinguish from dozens of similar hotels from this period. It's located around a 20 minute drive from the centre of Leeds or a 30 minute bus ride (ask at reception re. buses). We found the staff helpful during our stay and our room was functional and clean; the bathroom needed updating though. The pool is very small, but fine for children, but not really for serious swimmers. Breakfast was very good indeed, plenty of it and also items to order, such as kippers, poached eggs etc. We had a three course set evening meal, included in our very cheap weekend package, but this was very average - more like canteen food, but adequate.

Stayed April 2009
leeds0, management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 1 May 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your message on the website following your recent visit to our hotel and it was good to hear that you had a good leisure break.

I was delighted to hear that our staff looked after you during your stay here and that you were pleased with your bedroom. It was also good to receive such positive feedback regarding our breakfast selection, but I was disappointed to hear that you had not enjoyed your evening meal as much.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you here again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Nice hotel and lovely staff, very helpful.
A little out of the way and out of town, did not get into the City centre due to the distance and trouble of getting there and back without the expense of taxi's
Got a taxi to and from the airport and had to sit in a smelly car in both diections.
Was at this hotel for 4 nights and had all meals in the hotel, excellent food and the buffett lunch as outstanding, even though they had seveal course running in the hotel at the same time.
Well done.

• Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 24 April 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your message on the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to our hotel and I am pleased to hear that you felt our staff looked after you and made your stay comfortable.

I was also delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your meals in our restaurant.

For future reference if you were to stay with us again, as we are a few miles out of the centre of Leeds, we do have access to public transport. There is both a regular train and bus service if guests do not want to use their own transport or a taxi. Our staff will be more than happy to advise you further about this should you so wish.

Once again, many thanks for your comments as it is only through guest feedback such as yours that we can improve our hotel’s performance.
UK
Reviewed 7 April 2009

Pleasantly surprised by our stay in this hotel. From check in the staff were really friendly and helpful, we had 3 rooms booked, 2 with toddlers. Cots and space was reasonable, decor simple but clean. The rooms are a bit of a walk up and down stairs to get so you'd struggle with a buggy but fine carrying kids. The pool looked nice. Staff gave lots of directions and friendly advice. The place has been done up nicely. Very impressed with the breakfast selection; cooked foods, fruit, pastries, cereals cold cuts. All refreshed promptly and plentiful. Staff worked quickly to provide highchairs, hot drinks and so on. Nothing was too much trouble, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 15 April 2009
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am extremely pleased to note that you were really impressed with your overall stay at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Garforth and that our staff looked after you and your fellow guests. I am sure that you would like to know that your comments have been circulated for all our team to see.

I was also delighted to hear to here you were pleased with both the facilities here and the breakfast selection.

We are most appreciative of your comments, as it is only through guest feedback, such as yours, that we can continue to provide our guests with excellent customer service.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds-Garforth in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Look, its a Holiday Inn. It was exactly what I expect from every out of town centre Holiday Inn. Location is good for public transport into Leeds and its close to the motorway so you don't have to go through Leeds. The city centre ones are nicer, but they're usually more expensive.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 9 March 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your message on the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to our hotel and I pleased to hear that you felt our hotel was well located for both guests wishing to visit Leeds using Public Transport and for those that chose to use the nearby motorway.

I was also delighted to note the ratings you gave the hotel and you can rest assured that your comments have been passed on to all the other members of staff concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Leeds-Garforth in the near future.
West Yorkshire UK
Reviewed 3 March 2009

Whilst I paid a very low rate of £36 a night on a promotional pre-paid rate, this former Hilton property lacked lustre in terms of the quality of the bedrooms and the service I received.

Convenient enough for visiting Leeds / West Yorkshire / York and just a few minutes off the M1 / A1, and with the benefit of a pool and free wifi for certain levels of Priority Club membership, I'd still probably not choose to stay here again. Overall, it's in need of a makeover in terms of both the look & feel of the hotel and the attitude of staff, most of whom seemed to enjoy telling me more about what they couldn't do rather than how they could help.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 4 March 2009
Thank you for your comments following your stay. It’s was good to hear how convenient you thought our location was, however we were disappointed to hear your feedback regarding the staff working here on the night of your stay and the décor in the hotel which has recently been refurbished.
We very much appreciate such constructive criticism, as it enables us to make improvements and to provide the high standards of service which our guests expect from us.
lincs
Reviewed 16 February 2009

we have had a very nice weekend here. went for 2 days b&b dinner on 1 night , only payed £120 for everything. our room was spotless the food was good. staff were very helpful only has to ask for more milk and it was brought to our room with extra teas as well. all the staff were happy and friendly , which is a rare thing now a days. yes there is a smell near the pool and gym but your only walking past it. our room was near there and we could not smell anything. we worked out that with all the things we had free use of like the gym ,pool& steam room. if we had to pay for them all individually we would have owed the hotel some money.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — no bath in room
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 25 February 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your message on the Tripadvisor website following your recent visit to our hotel and I was delighted to hear that your stay went well and it was all you had wished for.

It is always a pleasure to receive such feedback, and you can rest assured that your comments have been passed on to all the other members of staff concerned.

London
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We have just returned from a stay at this hotel and found it very disappointing

The check in staff were very helpful and pleasant and I think that is the only plus I can give this experience!

The corridor outside the leisure centre as previously mentioned absolutely stinks!! It is really unpleasant. My daughter found pubic hairs in her bed and the bathroom was devoid of tissues and the bath dispenser was empty and the bath was stained. The overall condition of the bathroom was very poor.
The food in the restaurant leaves a lot to be desired-it is all out on display and we saw several people coughing all over the uncovered desserts. The main meals are very limited and bland and the roast potatoes were obviouly from frozen and still raw in the middle. This costs £19.95 for three courses and is very poor value for money-we recently ate at the Boxwood Cafe which is owned by Gordon Ramsay and the food was outstanding-and as this only cost £25 I can honestly say I would have happily paid another £5 to have eaten like that in this hotel!! At breakfast I asked a guy with a pony tail if there were any croissants-his reply of 'what' prompted me to ask again he just pointed at thewarmer and said 'at the end' and walked away. We did not expect standards of the Ritz at a Holiday Inn but certainly expected better than this.

Stayed February 2009
leeds0, Management response at Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth, responded to this review, 16 February 2009
I write to you following the recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Leeds-Garforth.

Firstly and most importantly, may I apologise most sincerely for the problems which you encountered at this hotel.

Please be assured that this is not our usual level of service and I have carried out a full investigation including speaking to the Head Housekeeper and Restaurant Manager both of which have asked for their apologises to be extended to you for this one off situation.

I believe your experience on this occasion to be most untypical from our normally high standards of service. I hope that your experience will not deter you from using Holiday Inn Hotels in the future. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these matters to my attention, as we take customer feedback very seriously. It is only through guest feedback, such as yours, that we can improve upon the service that we offer.

Once again, please accept my most sincere apologies.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Garforth
Leeds City Centre
Novotel Leeds Centre

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Garforth? Share your experiences!