“Most Excellent”
Review of Coolabawn House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mohill
Coolabawn House
Ranked #7 of 7 Mohill B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was our first trip to Ireland. We were in Mohill doing a bit of family history research. Tina greeted us with tea, coffee and cakes when we arrived. My wife is a gardener and Tina has some wonderful gardens. Tina was happy to take my wife through all her plants and the mysterious "Monkey Pod" tree. We were made to feel right at home for the several days we stayed. Tina and Tim were both as nice as could be, you'd have thought we were family. The house is located right in the small town of Mohill so we weren't stranded out in the country - walking distance to the shops.

The accommodations were very comfortable and spotless (even the bed sheets were ironed!). We had use of the parlor and a nice fire in the evening. Afternoon tea with Tina was an added bonus. This was much more enjoyable than the fancy hotels in Dublin. Tina's daughter had written a history of Lough Rynn which proved invaluable in our family research. Tina even telephoned to her daughter so we could clarify a few points.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rich and Pam R

Reviewed 1 November 2012

A colleague and I stayed at Coolabawn House for 4 nights. The rooms were clean, warm and very comfortable and to make things even better, on our first day Tina met us with tea and cakes. We thought this was a nice wee treat, but every day when we came back from work the kettle was on and there was a slice of home made cake waiting for us. Both Tina and Tim were lovely people and were happy to talk to us and suggest places for dinner in the evening.

I would certainly recommend Coolabawn House to anyone, and indeed would wish to stay there again if work brought us to the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mackial_star
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We spent four nights with Tina and Tim and felt at home as soon as we walked through the door. Our room was clean and comfortable. We came back each afternoon to a cup of tea and something great that Tina had baked . ( coffee cake and apple pie were out of thos world) we had tea in the warm kitchen while chatting with Tina about our day and discussing future activities. If you are looking for accomodation in the Mohill area that is comfortable cosy and charmingyou cant go past Coolabawn House

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine k
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I booked over the Internet the only day before, on my way to the North. Tina's response was quick. It was really lovely to meet her late afternoon, following a day's hillwalking. I was greeted and welcomed with coffee and homemeade scone, superb! We sat quite comfy in the kitchen area and had a really nice chat about the day's events and things to do in the area.
The 'olde style' house is nicely decorated, as you would expect, high ceilings, carpets, all separate rooms for B&B, lounge and breakfast. I stayed in a twin room on 1st floor, again classic style furniture and comfy bed. There is a small en-suite shower/washbasic/toilet, OK for the purpose. Tina provided me an electric heater (it was unseasonally cold in June2001!) but I did not really need it. The house exterior was being reworked with insulating panels at the time, which will only improve comfort. Car parking is immediately in front of the house (on road) or to the side of the house (private). There's a lovely garden too with some exotic trees. A really charming place to stay and I would certainly consider staying again should I be in the general area.

Room Tip: My twin room was to the back (garden side) of the house, away from the main road, so quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FilHil
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Took my Mum here as part of her 70th birthday treat. Tina the owner coulnt have been more accomodating. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast is fresh. We were made to feel very welcome. Would definately recommend this B&B to anyone.
Thanks Tina

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Juliet02
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I was attending a wedding in Lough Rynn Castle and decided to stay close by in Mohill. This b&b is ideal easy driving distance from the hotel just 2 minutes by taxi. It got a large centra shop/atm across the road which is really handy.

The b&b is charming house with high ceilings and tastefully decorated. From the moment I arrived I felt at home. The hosts were wonderful. The garden is amazing.

Stay here if your looking for an experience and more than just a bed for the night. It's funny I stayed here because I wanted a bed for the night and had a lovely experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank clacarr
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Stayed at Coolababwn House while visiting friends locally. This is the epitome of what B&Bs should be: welcoming, comfortable, warm. With a great breakfast. There aren't too many B&Bs that offer fresh fruit salad, home made bread, home made marmalade, full fry and good fresh coffee.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo